Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40435
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #466
Satin
Valued Poster

Daddio, so you liked that huh? Lmao...
Man anytime I can lure Easy and GatorMan here, it's a win...

Gator, just to be clear and to clarify, cause I know we have some slow readers out there. I'm not saying the Rook is no Tom Brady, but he's a good young player who brings a lot of skills and enthusiasm to the table. Scrambles, works hard, thinks on his feet and he's tough. He see that hit he took from Abrahams and he got up quickly and gave 2 thumbs up saying he was ok? Damn, I felt that hit in the stands...

I am concerned about the injuries though. Hell, even our punter can't run down the field without hurting himself. (here comes Turk again)...wow..

Poor U of H...damn even Keenum got hosed for the Heisman. Damn what next, there's no Santa coming this year? All the strip clubs are closing? Wtf?

Come on Yates, bring us to the promised land baby....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #467
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
5th round pick? Hmmm...Tom Brady was a 6th round pick taken as the 199th player in the draft. Not sure how that argument makes any sense... Worked out pretty good for New England right?
Come on Bro, surely you can do better'n that! Yes, Brady was drafted in the 6th round. For every 6th rounder named Tom Brady who goes on to a Hall or Fame career there are dozens, if not hundreds of 5th, 6th and 7th round qbs who never make it off of the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGator View Post
....BUT, he did look pretty good from what little I saw of the game and the replays. Poised, not easily rattled and played smart, but let's not put him up there with Brady yet - not even pro Bowl selection.
TGator is correct (damn, that's difficult to say)! Let's not put the rook in Brady's category just yet. He's gotta long ways to go. TJ did a good job this past Sunday but the Texan offense was only able to put up 17 points. The rook was only 12-25 and 188 yards passing and a (very) near miss on a pick 6. Even with a victory, if Schaub would have put up numbers like that, the haters would have been calling for his scalp. ROTFLMAO

With that said, I hope TJ becomes another Brady but I ain't gonna hold my breath! TJ will have been very successful if he plays good enough in these next few games, to earn the right to be Schaub's #1 back up qb when the 2012 season starts!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #468
Blackbuddy05
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Some of those passes were huge drops. Some of those passes were faster than what Shaub is even capable of. I think once he and the receivers sync up a little more, the pass game will be more lethal than it's ever been. I won't call him Brady. Hell, I don't even like Brady. I am excited to see how he finishes up the season. Pass rating of 86.8 for your first start is pretty decent. I'm with Foster, he's not a backup QB, he's the starting QB. Hell, I hope he replaces Shaub.

They should be more than capable of wearing Cincinnati out. I think the rest of our schedule is easy as it could be actually. Should also prove a great opportunity for the players not injured to gel before the playoffs.
Blackbuddy05 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #469
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05 View Post
I think the rest of our schedule is easy as it could be actually.
I'm not overly concerned about the rest of the Texans regular season schedule. Unless there is a total collapse, we should make the playoffs. What I am concerned with is how a rookie qb, drafted in the 5th round, will have the experience and expertise to get past Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New England in the playoffs! If we are going to make it to the Super Bowl, we will probably have to defeat 2, if not all 3 of those teams! That is a daunting task, even under the best of circumstances!

Get the picture?

If we intend to reach the Super Bowl, we will need something more than TJ Yates at qb. I would feel much better about our chances if Schaub was the one "taking the snaps!"
Old 12-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #470
One-Eyed Willy
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

workin on stat day post,,, and bout to whisper a sense of shock into painful ears... -be warned
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #471
Blackbuddy05
Valued Poster

If Shaub can beat Pittsburgh and almost beat Baltimore, I think Yates can. I'm a Schaub hater. There I said it. Look, I been getting his name wrong all this time. Heck, he was a third round pick. To paraphrase Patrick Bateman "He's not terribly important to me."

I have no idea what Patriots would bring us though. That would be new. Checking their defense, we just might be able to out last them.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #472
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
If Shaub can beat Pittsburgh and almost beat Baltimore, I think Yates can. I'm a Schaub hater. There I said it.
Bb05---Perhaps you personally "think Yates can," and it is certainly your right to do so. But let me point out that Schaub is widely recognized by numerous NFL analysts as a legitimate Top 10 qb in the NFL. While I am not considered an expert, I happen to agree with their assessment. I suppose the recognized experts have a right to their opinion, just as you and I do!

While on the subject, not a one of those same analysts has TJ Yates anywhere near Top 10 status!

Just sayin'

I hope TJ will one day reach that lofty level. But I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for it to occur this year!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #473
One-Eyed Willy
Premium Access

Exclamation TUESDAY STAT DAY WK13 9-3!!

TUESDAY STAT DAY WK13

Total Offence: 10th(376.2 yds/g) | Total Points: 5th(310) | Points/game: 5th(25.8) | Time of Pos/game: 1st(33:30) |TO: 3rd(+12)

Rushing: 3rd(152.6yds/game) 1,831 so far this season

Total defence: *2nd*(273.8yds/g) | Int: 2nd(17) | Sacks: 2nd(35)

*=EVEN WITH THE BEAUTIFUL SHOW OF STRENGTH VS ATL, OUR D IS NOW #2 as we are now neck-n-neck w/PIT
(PIT is now the #1 Defense by a very small 0.3yrd margin)...

W-L: 9-3

As noted even with the recent victory, simply because ATL is not an AFC team, Texans now drop to 3rd seed... But no need to panic, even a bottom seed can go far in the playoffs!-ask GB '10-11 Champs

2 MORE W'S WILL SEAL THE DEAL!!!
OR IT COULD HAPPEN AS EARLY AS NEXT SUNDAY W/WIN @CIN AND SAINTS WIN @ TEN!!
(my 2nd fav team can send my 1st fav team to playoffs...)

....as for the whisper in the air (and please don't bash me here fellas!)...I'm just noting what those fry cooks just added to the menu and what the rest of the world is failing to do...hehehe

....KUBE'S FOR NFL COACH OF THE YEAR??
see the early reports yourself here(closing statement) and here(opening argument/headliner).. of course I know Wade gets a lot of credit here too but if we finish a top seed(likely) it could happen...
there would be other candidates with the Harbaugh brothers(either one) and of course Packers' Mike McCarthy.. but with all the adversity and keeping an injury plagued Texans team together "like glue," Kubes would be a strong candidate..
(Kubes is due for a new contract too BTW.. do we really want him to go to Jags??)

If you care to see how the Texans are progressing, check wk 12, wk11 BYE, wk10,
_________

Any providers out there with one of these uniforms? hehehe
Or Satin, any SC feature these?? lets go! lol
Old 12-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #474
Blackbuddy05
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Bb05---Perhaps you personally "think Yates can," and it is certainly your right to do so. But let me point out that Schaub is widely recognized by numerous NFL analysts as a legitimate Top 10 qb in the NFL. While I am not considered an expert, I happen to agree with their assessment. I suppose the recognized experts have a right to their opinion, just as you and I do!

While on the subject, not a one of those same analysts has TJ Yates anywhere near Top 10 status!

Just sayin'

I hope TJ will one day reach that lofty level. But I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for it to occur this year!
Yeah, and they also think Tebow is shit, but he is off winning games. If analysts were all that great, they'd pick the winners all the time. They don't.

I'll be in la-la land with Super Bowl dreams. :-)

Addition: He held his own last week. Also it looks like both Pitts and B-More have couple of easier games than us. Boo. I'll be rooting for a couple of upsets.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:05 AM   #475
One-Eyed Willy
Premium Access

Default Could have easily been 27-10

Sorry to bust ur post Kerwil, and your not the 1st to go there,,,but allow me to flip the coin (x8),,, I think you'll like it nevertheless..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwil62 View Post
The Texans did look good today. Y'all got to admit that Atlanta beat themselves with crucial penalties that could've given them the win. And the last play their receiver just dropped the ball in the end zone. That would've sent the game into overtime.
#1 Yates "would be pick 6": the play was first going to Jacoby and was an easy call for refs to call the hold on Danta... and if Jacoby wasn'y held,,, he's great in the flat and had daylight!!..just sayin

#2. Yates "fumble" was not a fumble.. BAD CALL!! if anything ATL actually got A HUGE BREAK THERE!... as we were in the redzone knocking on the door,,, should have been +7 or at least another 3pts on the scoreboard for HOU ((24-10)) or ((20-10))

#3 Rackers rare FG miss: just a little short and perhaps Kubes should hve opted to punt.. but could easily have added +3... BUT YET ANOTHER BIG BREAK FOR ATL for good field position and 56yrd TD drive... hense, my knock out score of ((27-10))

#4. We had 2 TD drives of 80 or more Yrds... their longest drive was 79yrs for FG

#5 Credit for many of those crucial penalties goes to the 6th man.. It was so loud that Ryan had a tough time with calling audibles and therefore could not get the ball hiked on time...
Score 1 for the fans!!

#6 Yet Again...#23 Had them boys telling their coach in the locker room, "Foster is fuckin faster," Runnin the way he did, U GOTTA TO GIVE 'EM CREDIT.. Number WHAT against the RUN??? Come on man...

#7Yeah ok no sacks... but please DON'T FORGET THE INT's: 1 for Kareem & 1 for JJ (BTW Jonathan Joseph and Jason Allen are both tied for 5th in the league with 4 INT's)

#8 The last play was broken up by #25 Kareem Jackson...Maybe If that was Dre,, he would have caught it... but Kareem was all over it (Love the way he is answering the critics BTW..i got ur back Kareem...hehehe)
TV had a bad angle.. here is another look,, and if you have ever done concentration curls in the gym,,, note the leverage on the last pic:

Or see the video here and replay @ the 30sec mark and watch as Kareem pulls Julio's arm out of there forcing an Incompletion... that was not a drop, but rather EXCELLENT COVERAGE!,, and I'm not even being biased here...

Cat-Man summary: ATL did not beat themselves, THEY GOT WHOOPED BY THE BULLS ON PARADE!!! ..."with a pocket full of shells"...hehehe (Tony G on the other hand is STILL A BEAST..wow)

Oh yeah!... found a nice ESPN E:60 feature film on Arian Foster: Self Made its kind of long but when u have the time,,I highly recommend -enjoy

..kind of feel like I'm really blowin this thread up so sorry for that fellers... just excited for my team...but tryn to keep it on point..
Old 12-06-2011, 05:22 AM   #476
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Yeah, and they also think Tebow is shit, but he is off winning games. If analysts were all that great, they'd pick the winners all the time. They don't..
And Schaub was winning games when he went down, as well! I have said before, I hope you're right about TJ. If he gets by Cincy this weekend, the Texans have a decent chance to win out the regular season schedule. But even if they do, he's got murderer's row in the Playoffs. I suspect he doesn't have the experience, knowledge or talent to lead us through the playoffs. That's been my point all along!

It's not TJ's fault, He is what he is. He is a Rookie NFL qb who was drafted in the 5th round. TJ was dealt a difficult hand and I am certain that he is doing the best he can to try to make the most of a very difficult situation. As much of a homer as I usually am, I am not going to let my hopes get too high for this year! If I am going to buy stock in hope, I will do so with an eye on an even better Texans season in 2012! Perhaps the injury bug will be kinder to the Texans in 2012 than it has been in 2011.

The definition of a Schaub Hater is to ignore Schaub's 97 qb rating, who just happens to be the 5th highest rated QB in the NFL this year and become giddy over a rookie, who was a 5th round draft choice winning one game. Now that's a hater! ROTFLMAO

I suppose there are silenced Rodgers haters in Green Bay secretly wishing for the glory days of the Farve years. Some things never change!!!!!

TJ did exactly what he was supposed to do this past Sunday. He let the defense win the game and he didn't lose it! I'm proud for him. He has shown he can carry out a game plan!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #477
One-Eyed Willy
Premium Access

Big Tex.... It's not hope we are buying stock in... Hell, its not even talent for that matter... I'ts CHEMISTRY.. and its at an all time high right now!!.. It's not just 1 or 2 guys stepping up for this team as it has been in the years past.. Everyone is stepping up making plays.. for example did you think before the game that Kareem Jackson would be player of the game and get the game ball for Defense?? and we would hold their high-scoring offense to 10pts without recording a single sack?

think about it.... No Schaub yet more W's? No Dre, yet more W's? No Mario, yet more W's? No D Manning, yet more W's? No Foster yet more W's??... this doesn't come with just hope..
It may be easy for some to say we've been winning against mediocre teams,, BUT 3 playoff teams now in TEN, PIT and ATL.. AND if better redzone offense in NO, W!,, if not for Foster's RARE BAD game in BAL, W!,, if not for Schaubler/Jacoby push-me-pull-you vs OAK, W! We are actually not far off of joining GB as undefeated...

This team is UNITED like they've been saying THEY ARE ALL BUYING IN...

I'll think about next year, NEXT YEAR... As for now It's in INDY!

yeah TJ is the first QB from NC to start..... But he is also the best NC QB ever! And he is the emerging star on any given QB's dream team..
..but be careful where your goin with that Schaub definition... and I am not a Schaub Hater... BUT The TEAM is Giddy of the rook winning at his 1st start.. and ATL is not the winless smurfs, you know! That was a BIGTIME W and what I think was the toughest on the rest of the Schedule even though CIN is a bigger game..
...think our 3rd-String Rook can put up more w's this year than CAM?? I do check their sched..
Did u see the stat day post? if we win in Cissynatty(likely) and Saints win in TEN(likely) the AFC South is ours!!!.Thats regardless if we loose out and TEN wins the rest of the way.. Hell, don't take my word for it, go check the Playoff Machine... Trust me, the Texans know how huge the next game is.. Hell, the one to loose of these last 5 would have been ATL (non conference) but yet they stepped up unfazed and beat down a fellow contender... to me that's enough said,, and now its GO time!!

and don't worry... Schaub ain't goin anywhere, he will still be cruisin the hoveround giving good advice to TJ...

think he'll put a turbo on this thing?? hehehe
Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #478
Satin
Valued Poster

Goddamn, excellent 2 posts by my main man Cat-Man and the new Professor of Football - Blackbuddy. I'm glad you boys can see what I'm seeing and the rest of the world sees as well.

Cat-Man, as we have talked about many times, I'm not a Dopey hater, I just realize what he is...an average QB who was a third round pick and backup when he came here..that's never gotten the Texans in the playoffs. Now, it's up to the Rook to finish the job. I'm fully comfortable with the Rook leading us in the playoffs with the system we have. At least our receivers don't have to come back to catch passes now. (you hear that Dre and Jacobi?)

Btw..that pic you posted of him is exactly what I hope to see for a while...lol

I feel we're better than Shittsburgh & Baltimore. I would love to see how we would do against New England, Cowgirls, Green Bay & San Francisco.
I'm more concerned about The Bengals than I was The Falcons for many reasons. I will dissect them more later....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #479
Rubchasertx
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy View Post
....KUBE'S FOR NFL COACH OF THE YEAR??
see the early reports yourself here(closing statement) and here(opening argument/headliner).. of course I know Wade gets a lot of credit here too but if we finish a top seed(likely) it could happen...
there would be other candidates with the Harbaugh brothers(either one) and of course Packers' Mike McCarthy.. but with all the adversity and keeping an injury plagued Texans team together "like glue," Kubes would be a strong candidate..
(Kubes is due for a new contract too BTW.. do we really want him to go to Jags??)
I hate to admit it but you have a good point here. Kubes has done a great job of keeping the team together and I assume (someone correct me if I'm wrong) he is the one that brough in the Son of a Bum. That move alone has been huge in keeping the Texans in the playoff picture.

For me to really see him as Coach of the Year material, he is going to have to let TJ test that deep ball some more and win a couple of playoff games.

I think that Jimmy Harbaugh will run away with it though. He has absolutely turned that team around.
Rubchasertx is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #480
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Ok Schaub lovers, listen up! I am the guy that tagged Schaub with the "Dopey" nickname, so call me a Schaub hater if you want. I actually do like the guy and love his heart HOWEVER, we probably don't win the Atlanta game with Schaub as the QB. TJ was the difference plain and simple. TJ avoided 3 or 4 sacks that "Dopey" would not have been able to avoid, or he would have simply laid down for. Also the 8 or 9 yard run up the middle by TJ gave us the opportunity to go for it on 4th and 1 and eventually punch it in for a TD. If we settle for a Field Goal in that situation Atlanta would have surely tied the game and probably eventually won the game. TJ did also play very Schaub like(that's a compliment by the way) and didn't fuck up or turn the ball over(thank you Dunta). TJ was a big factor in this W and I don't think we get it without him.

Now I am not putting TJ Yates in the elite QB status or anything yet, but all Brady needed was an opportunity when Bledsoe went down. He siezed that opportunity and the rest is history. We could be seeing our future QB here right now!! He adds the mobility that the "Dopey Matts" didnt have. He appears to have good pocket awareness which is huge to be a great QB another thing the Matts didnt have. Strong Arm, check, calm demeanor, check, smart guy, check. TJ could be the future. I hope he kicks ass for us for the next 15 years and explodes into a superstar. Far fetched I know, but it could happen and like Ricky Bobby said, "That Just Happened"!!!!

Go Texans!!!! Go Sanits!!!
Daddio is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women