Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 08-26-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
redman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29
Default Key to Victory in Afghanistan for Marines:

STOP FARTING!!

Stupid stuff like this drives me nuts and does not help me in motivating my soldiers for our impending deployment to this country again:

Fhttp://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=militarytimes.com %3a+fart&d=27025919314906494&m kt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=806645e9,2e31785cor Marines in Afghanistan: be careful where you fart

August 23rd, 2011 | Afghanistan | Posted by Gina Cavallaro

(Marine Corps photo)

Marine Corps Times is a family newspaper and we only rarely have offensive language in our stories.
But this week the word “fart” appears in a story I wrote about the importance of trust between Marines and the Afghan national army soldiers they work with.
I didn’t want to write this little blog entry about farts. It’s not even on my beat. But my colleague Dan Lamothe, whose byline you have seen here quite often, shamed me into it.
“You owe it to all Marines,” he told me.
So here’s the news: audible farting has been banned for some Marines downrange because it offends the Afghans.
I know there are many things in the Afghan culture that don’t seem normal to Americans and it’s hard to spend seven months working in someone else’s back yard. Still, the Marines I saw downrange are doing a pretty good job at trying to do the right thing around the Afghans.
They’re not supposed to cuss because it could be misunderstood (that one goes out the window a lot). And they stay away from talking about politics, religion or girls because those topics could escalate into major disagreements (they can’t communicate anyway because of the language barrier).
But farting? That’s practically a sport. Ok, it’s not soccer, but a good contest could open the door for cross-cultural exchanges, jokes and other gallows humor.
So, for all Marines getting ready to go downwind, I mean downrange, be forewarned — you may have to hold it in… at least until you get back to your hooch where you can loudly crop dust your friends.
Tags: Afghanistan, fart, farting, toilet humor
Permalink | August 23rd, 2011
Comments
  1. Gary Conlon Says:
    August 23rd, 2011 at 6:00 pmWe are protecting them assholes. Boy’s, let-um rip!!
  2. Dan Ingham Says:
    August 23rd, 2011 at 11:31 pmIt’s not like it was in the Old Corps!
  3. Rafael Pena Says:
    August 23rd, 2011 at 11:38 pmyou’ve got to be kidding me man
  4. Thomas M Says:
    August 23rd, 2011 at 11:58 pmAre you kidding me. With the shit we had to eat i was farting none stop. I mean really all the MREs and UGRs all you do is fart.
  5. Cpl jobe Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 12:08 amNo offense to the higher ups who are enforcing these rules and supposedly leading marines, but you are weak, you make us look weak, and you constantly wonder why the Best Marines get out after 4 years. You think holding your mre farts is gonna make the taliban lay down their arms. Come on. Chesty would be very disappointed. I love the Corps in some ways but man you are killing it. If this military used all this kindness in old wars we wouldn’t last long until an NCO stepped-up and took charge. Just saying. Carry on.
  6. Michael Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 12:25 amI have to ask….what discipinary action does UAF (Un-Approved Farting) carry these days???
  7. SNM Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 12:50 amIf we can’t fart around the Afghans then they should stop wiping their fecal matter all over the port-o-potty’s. Fair trade.
  8. FartingMarine Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 3:43 amFarting is considered a contest when underway. Next thing they’re gonna do is take away throwing rocks, talkin about our woman, sharing poop stories, and the rest of the things Marines do when we have nothing else besides waiting to wait. General Sir, I am disinclined to aquester your request. Semper Fidelis, Yat-Yas, The good stuff
  9. A.K.A. Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 6:33 amReally? We are worried about offending people who crap in the corner of their own living space. On a daily basis Marines are accosted by the grotesque living conditions of the ANA and ANP, assaulted by non-stop request to go to the sack with them, have to put up with their complete incompetence, have to worry about whether or not their ANA and ANP tag along is going to bail during a fire fight (or shoot at you, or maybe he is the one who put that IED in place), but we can’t fart in front of them. Sure thing. Maybe the guy who made this call should step away from his desk for a minute and put eyes on what’s really happening down range.
  10. momof2marines Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 7:23 amOh…my…word…..Time to come home, boys. Lest we offend the delicate sensibilities of those gentile Afghans.
  11. John Styles Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 7:24 amThis PC (pure crap) has to come to an end. Tell me a story about any war we’ve won since the U.N. stuck its nose in it. Then we can talk about the submarines with 16″ guns that resurfaced. Who ever won a war by being nice?
  12. None Ya Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 7:59 amSo, let me get this right. For a culture who looks at female life as less than that of a farm animal, who educates almost no one, who wipes their ass with their hand, and will have sex with farm animals; farting is offensive? Here’s the problem with our leadership, we have no leadership with any balls. Further, please don’t apologize for saying “fart”, you are not a family newspaper as high schoolers are not lining up to read your paper. Apologizing for using the word fart is offensive.
  13. tsusmc2005 Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 8:09 amI’m a retired Jarhead over here right now as a slimy civilian. I think I will make a point of busting ass every time I see an Afghan anywhere near me, just for my brother who “can’t”. Semper Fi!
  14. No Joke: Marines In Afghanistan Ordered Not To Fart Because It “Offends” The Locals… | Stopping the spread of Sharia in America Says:
    August 24th, 2011 at 10:30 am[...] (Military Times) — Marine Corps Times is a family newspaper and we only rarely have offensive language in our stories. [...]
redman1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

I will send my Army son a case of Kroger's country style pork & beans tomorrow. He's up north in a mountain in Afganistan. NO one can out fart a American Service Man.

HELL they should pin them assholes down and fart in their face like they deserve. LOL
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women