Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #31
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Viva la raza.......I'm just saying.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #32
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

"Alba gu bràth"; but first-and-foremost, as John Philip Sousa - of Portuguese and Bavarian descent - wrote: "Stars and Stripes Forever."
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #33
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #34
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

You gotta love them Indians!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #35
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
That should read "liberal white man"....if only liberals would become indians like this guy....If WTF were an indian, I think I'd name him "Squatting Dog", or maybe "Dances With Sheep".........
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #36
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
If WTF were an indian, I think I'd name him "Dances With Sheep".........
Uh oh WTF, sounds like someone talked. Your degree is in Animal Husbandry isn't it?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #37
austin_voy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

When I was in college, lo these many years ago, there was a "movement" that had, as it's "philosophy" "Put the jay back in Tejas". That's all I can say without the mods jumping on me.

For me it's usually Tejas, but that's just for the annoyance factor. Ron Paul uses it from time to time and I don't think he's a "give back" kind of guy. He just wants to rile TPTB.
austin_voy is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #38
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I haven't researched any of it.

My SO is Hispanic and speaks Spanish (Mexican?) fluently.

Texas is pronounced "TEH has."

Mexico is pronounced "MEH hi co."

To me it's a linquistic issue, not historical.
that's because in spanish, "J" sounds like "H" and "H" is silent. oh, and "Z" sounds like "S".

jalapeno = hala-payno [a type of pepper]
huarache = wha-ra-che [a type of shoe]
hueco - whe-ko [a hollow]

zocalo = so-ca-lo [plaza in center of town]
zapato - sa-pa-toe [a shoe]

oh, and two of the reasons that the anglo/german/white immigrants fought the mexicans for texas independence were a) we want our 1821 constitutional rights [the most talked about reason] and b) we want our slaves [one of the least talked about reasons - mexico banned slavery before 1835].
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #39
burner2157
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

First of all it wasn't just anglo/white immigrants that
fought for Texas independence.Plenty of Mexican(Texans)Tejanos, Juan Seguin being the most famous fought bravely for Texas independence. Juan Nepomuceno Seguin was born on October 27, 1806. He was 14 years old in 1821, when his father, the Alcalde of San Antonio, welcomed Stephen F. Austin to Texas. The Seguin family, and others of the upper class in Mexican Texas, supported Mexico's colonization policy of allowing foreigners to settle the area in the early 1820's. A liberal like his father, Juan Seguin entered politics, and in 1834 was appointed as the chief administrator of the San Antonio district. He was an outspoken champion of the Texans' demand for more selfgovernment, and was very critical of the dictatorial policies of President Santa Anna.
In September 1835, with the advance of the Mexican General Cos against the rebellious Texans, Seguin recruited a company of Mexican ranchers and joined the Texan forces at the Battle of Bexar. His conduct in the resulting victory was so distinguished that he was granted a commission as a captain of cavalry in the regular Texas Army. On February 3, 1836, he was among the twenty-five men who accompanied Colonel William Travis into the Alamo. Then on the night of February 25, after the Alamo was surrounded, he was chosen to carry an urgent plea for reinforcements to the Texan commander at Gonzales.

He served bravely at the Battle of San Jacinto, was promoted to the rank of lieutenant colonel, and returned to San Antonio, where he was able to give an honorable burial to the ashes of the Alamo dead. He later served three terms in the Texas Senate. But with independance came many American newcomers to San Antonio who mistreated the native families. While serving as Mayor of Bexar, he was branded a Mexican sympathizer and was forced to flee for his life. He died at Nuevo Laredo in 1889, unappreciated for his service to Texas. He is listed on the roll of members of Holland Lodge No. 1. Col. Juan N. Seguin
Republic of Texas Hero
Defender at the Alamo and Hero at San Jacinto

On October 28, 2000, a larger than life size statue of Juan Seguin on a horse ready for battle at San Jacinto was unveiled in Seguin Texas. The city of Seguin was renamed in his honor for his service to Texas in it's fight for independence. This is a long overdue honor and recognition of a 'Native Born Texan' whose service to Texas was long ago forgotten.

Albert Seguin C. Gonzales
3rd Great Grandson
burner2157 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #40
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

@burner--Congrats on your ancestor's service. You are rightfully proud of this heritage.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #41
burner2157
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
@burner--Congrats on your ancestor's service. You are rightfully proud of this heritage.
I'm proud to be a Texan and an American first and foremost.Our State will always be called Texas.(Tejas, the Spanish spelling (Spain) and pronunciation for Texas.)http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/atlas...onal_flags.jpg
burner2157 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdelites View Post
oh, and two of the reasons that the anglo/german/white immigrants fought the mexicans for texas independence were a) we want our 1821 constitutional rights [the most talked about reason] and b) we want our slaves [one of the least talked about reasons - mexico banned slavery before 1835].
Interesting anecdote: The slavery issue put the brakes on American imperialism to the south. Northern congressmen rightly recognized that further annexation of Mexican (or Nicaraguan or Cuban) territory would more than likely be matched with a corresponding expansion of that “peculiar institution”; thus, revitalize Southern control over the U.S. government. Therefore, the U.S. government did not demand more territorial concessions from Mexico following the Mexican-American War, did not annex Cuba (before the Civil War), and did not support American filibusters in Central America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner2157 View Post
I'm proud to be a Texan and an American first and foremost.Our State will always be called Texas.(Tejas, the Spanish spelling (Spain) and pronunciation for Texas.)http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/atlas...onal_flags.jpg
+1 and again - congratulations on your prestigious heritage.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #43
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

During the War of 1812 the battle for New Orleans was fought in February of 1815. The treaty was signed in December of the preceding year, but because the news hadn't made to General Jackson and pretty much anyone else for that matter, the battle was fought and won. Should we give New Orleans and Louisianan back?

Marcus, the native comment is meant as a Native Texan. It's a matter of pride. I saw it tatted on some redneck not too long ago.

Someone mentioned Mexican Spanish vs. Castilian or "Spanish" Spanish. The difference is similar to British, Queen's English vs. American English. Same language a few different words and different pronunciation. Now, people in Northern Mexico do speak Spanglish. That is they use some of the Americanized words. Spanglish is one of the fastest growing languages on the planet.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #44
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner2157 View Post
First of all it wasn't just anglo/white immigrants that fought for Texas independence.

...snipped great summary of Juan Seguin.....

Albert Seguin C. Gonzales
3rd Great Grandson
true, there were lots of mexicans who detested santa ana and his dictatorial control over mexico.

i was just pointing out two of the many reasons why the "texicans" fought for independence.

also, hope you were quoting someone's article and that you didnt just out yourself.
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #45
guest010613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20
Cool Some Native Texan Input

As an 8th generation Texan (of Scottish and Irish descent) my family has used both pronunciations and spellings semi-interchangeably. As to taking this geographic region and turning it over to another country, thus losing the economic benefits of this area, "ain't no effing way!" The US simply will not do something that unbelievably stupid. Might come close, but that is not going to happen.

So I don't worry about it, I have learned a bit of Spanish, and I treat people as people, regardless of their origin or skin tone. I would prefer to have all of my neighbors contributing their fair share to our tax base, though.
guest010613 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women