Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70445
biomed160801
Yssup Rider60165
gman4452959
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47655
pyramider46370
bambino40393
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35527
Mojojo33117

Old 04-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default What I think Obama has done right. (seriously)

A couple of days ago someone at work asked me if I thought that Obama had done anything right. I rattled off a couple of things but told him I would have to think it over. So here it is;

Obama finally decided not to close Gitmo.

Obama supported the war in Afghanistan by finally sending requested troops. Well, part of the requested troops.

Obama has not abandoned Iraq which would have made the sacrifices a waste of money and blood.

Obama appointed Hillary Clinton Secretary of State rather than Susan Rice, Bill Richardson, or any of the others on the short list.

Obama supports nuclear power...with words. Now if he will support with regulation.

Well, that is the best I can do. It is a short list that you can add to. Remember this is a list of things that you think he got RIGHT.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

JG, so you are commending President Obama for not doing the things he was elected to do? Like closing Gitmo and getting us out of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Sorry, I don't go with the notion that more blood must be spilled in order to justify the blood previously spilled. Those heroes who have died or been injured over there remain heroes. Adding more to the list in defense of countries who will turn on us at their first opportunity is reprehensible.

When I see a flag-draped coffin being unloaded from a plane, and think about what our mission in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Libya is, well, I just want to cry. What a stupid, fucking waste.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Sensei
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I respectfully disagree, if the job is not complete their sacrifice IS a waste. No one except maybe those in that crazy Kansas Cult like to see those coffins or the returning troops with broken bodies. But when a mission is given it is best to complete it. I know if I had not returned alive I would be pissed to find out we had Quit.

Now, for what he has done right...well I am still waiting for something that HE has initiated. I think those points above were pushed on him and he went along kicking and screaming.
Sensei is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
john_galt
Valued Poster

Very astute, those things were forced upon Obama including nominating Hillary Clinton. It comes down to that every time he acted like George W. Bush it was the right decision. As for the promises he made on the campaign trail...I'm not so stupid to believe he meant any of that stuff or that he could actually pull it off when he saw reality. Besides I never voted for him so I didn't elect him to do anything.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Done right

By phasing out Don't Ask Don't Tell he made it possible for the John Galt's of the world to serve openly instead of being bent over at the bulkhead in the night.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

I always find the conundrum amusing of liberals who support gay rights (if only halfheartedly in the interest of votes), who don't hesitate to use homophobic slurs and imagery when it suits them.

If you are going to be 'progressive', politically correct, and inclusive as the new Democratic Party line claims these days, then DO it, and grow out of the juvenile need to use homophobic slurs to make your point.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
deacon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

right on sins.
deacon is online now   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #8
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Galt

I am just happy that he can practice openly and no longer has to hide.

No more repressed behavior and pent up aggression.

It is a good thing.

You might be guilty of malicious accusery and prudish snobbery but only you know for sure.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
john_galt
Valued Poster

As you all can see Catnip is a hypocritical self hating gay man. Have pity on him but don't judge him.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

If our government had a policy of actually winning in Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya, it would be different. But we don't. It is reprehensible. I don't know what our objective is in any of those places, but victory is not the objective. Bush, Cheney, Obama, Biden all ought to face war crimes trials. If we are not going to win, and win decisively and quickly, then we have no business sending our troops in harm's way.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #11
boytoy
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

The only thing I've seen that I thought he did right was relinquishing decisions on the Somalian pirate hostage situation to the admiral on site. A few minutes, a few well timed simultaneous trigger pulls - problem resolved. Every time W played golf, the media questioned his commitment to his job. Obama played more golf in his first year than W did in eight years - didn't hear much media comment.
boytoy is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

The one thing that I have seen as a positive is the appearance that he has followed Bill Clintons example and move his public ideology from the far left more towards the center, much like Clinton did with success.

I will say this, as bad as his numbers look right now, the republicans have not put forth anyone whom has the charisma to beat him.
dirty dog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women