Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 03-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #16
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

I lost someone close to me a few years back. The passage of time has helped a lot. So has remembering the good things about the person.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #17
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...
Default How to deal with overwhelming grief??

My condolences on your loss! There's really not much more to be said at this point.

As far as coming to terms with his passing...and the grief that you feel...you've already gotten loads of wonderful advice. I really don't have anything more to add other than...

Take the proper time to experience the grief & to mourn your loss. I think many times we just want the pain to go away as quickly as possible...only to find that trying to "force it" to abate only drags out the process in ways we don't realize at the time.

My father passed many, many years ago. Although I don't think I did so on purpose, I failed to process his death & mourn my loss at the time. Within weeks of his passing, there were other life-altering problems to address. In responding to those, I shoved my grief to the side...figuring there would be time to deal with it later. Only...I didn't. Not for a very long time.

When my mother died last summer, I handled it very differently & that has helped tremendously. I still miss them both...every day. They were great people! But, I think I'm much more at peace with it all this go around.

We all find our own time & place to deal with the deaths of those we were very close too. I wish you success & peace in finding yours.
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Isabella so sorry to hear about your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grad Girl Next Door View Post
Personally I don't believe time heals all wounds (no offense to Rabbit).

I recommend "Stumbling on Happiness", research shows that in fact time does heal.

http://mindful.org/in-body-and-mind/...g-on-happiness

Good luck Isabella!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #19
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine not having my parents around, but one day that will become a reality. I wish I could offer you more than just words.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #20
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

Everyone deals with grief in there own way, and while you never totally get over the loss, it does get better. For me, thinking back to things the person did that made me laugh or smile seems to help. Hang in there.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #21
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

There really is no way to deal with it. It continues to exist. . . as you must. With time you remember what you had more than you think about what's been taken from you. But you will never truly "lose" him, you will simply keep him closer within you.

My heart felt condolences.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
andras1
Registered Member

I am sorry for your loss.Time helps.Remember all the nice moments you had with him.He will always be with you next to you.He can't be replaced.He will be there to guide you and help you.Just close your eyes and you will know he is there.Just smile when you can ,when you remember him.
andras1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
onehitwonder
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 27124

When my husband died I wanted to lay down right next to him. Like I had done every night for the past 25 years. I had no idea how I was going to breathe, much less do anything else without him. Everyone told me " Oh he's in a better place now" Really? And what better place than with me and our children, is there? I had to constantly remind myself that people did'nt really know what to say in times of grief and they were just trying to help. It does get easier to function as time goes by. But it never IMO goes away...the pain....the empty place in your heart.....I only thinck of him '1' million times a day now.....

You are blessed to have had a 'good' father. Honor him any way you can. Be it dedicating something to him like Marshall suggested or just being the kind of person he raised you to be..... peace be with you.........
onehitwonder is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #24
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaIsabella View Post
Hey all, my dad passed a few days ago after loosing his battle with prostate cancer and I am just overwhelmed with grief. He was really one of my best friends in the world and the closest person to be in my family.

really don't know what to do or who to turn to, I have never dealt with this kind of loss before. If there is anyone who can offer some suggestions on how to better deal with this situation, please let me know, thanks.
I lost an uncle to that very same cancer on August 23rd 2009. I honor his memory by remembering the good times. I am fortunate to still have my parents around and they mean the world to me. The only way you get over it is you keep their memories alive, remember the good times, cherish them and do the best you can as they wanted you to.

You think about life and how precious it is, and you want to savor each moment.

Bella, I have found an inner peace when it comes to accepting what happens in life by reading THIS BOOK written by Neal Peart of Rush.

to quote him "Follow your front tire"
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women