Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47605
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2024, 08:39 AM   #46
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default More Questions than Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Huh? What choice did he have? The South seceded, was that Lincoln's fault? He preserved the Union. Yeah, the cost was enormous, but if you apply the same logic then FDR was an awful President for navigating us through a global conflict in which 418,000 Americans died.

WD is obviously trolling us by ranking Lincoln last. Don't take the bait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Why should I do your work? Those posts are all in these hallowed icky forums.
But to humor myself ill repost what I believe.
Fdr created the welfare state. Also he created big govt. That big govt was from the new deal. Again creating dependents on govt. His mishandling of Japan's rising power. He failed in getting America's military ready and entered ww2 damn near too late!
Now for the traitor lincoln. He failed to keep the US together. He wanted that war with the south. He drove the south to secede. He was a complete failure at all levels and domestic and foreign. Lincoln was a true liberal to the core. Yes he was republican. But the parties switched beliefs beginning in the fifties thru early 80s. So he wasn't really what we call a republican today. His crimes against his own people are unarguable. He is the most over rated politician in our history. Historians fail to teach the truth about Lincoln. He personally gave the orders to his generals in 63 to start burning towns in the south and destroy crops and farms. Lincoln was an arsonist treasonous murderer.
That's just getting started on that evil Lincoln. Lincoln is the worst president ever. Trumpf is second worst then fdr. Polk Jefferson grant and Jackson round out my worst list.
Ohh and do a little reading about lincoln and his wife not sleeping together! And why!
I may know more about energy policy in the Carter administration than anybody here, but you two can run circles around me in presidential history.

Peace and prosperity are the two goals I’d like our leaders to pay the most attention to. By those criteria, Lincoln and FDR were abysmal failures. But how much of that was their fault? Would the Civil War and American participation in World War II have happened, with them or without them?

IF he’d had the power to do it, what if Lincoln hadn’t shoveled soldiers into Fort Sumter? What if he’d made a push to bring the south back into the union peacefully, say by buying off slaveowners and lowering tariffs on manufactured goods? Would he have been successful? Would northern politicians and the public have allowed it?

Or what if the south had been allowed to secede? How would have things panned out? Would slavery have disappeared from the South in fairly short order anyway? Or would it have dragged on for another 25 years, like it did in Cuba and Brazil? Would the South today be more of an agrarian society and poorer than it is today? Or without reconstruction would it be wealthier? How about race relations and the economic position of blacks versus whites in the South. Would that be better or worse?

I could pose similar questions about FDR, and would be genuinely interested in anything LustyLad in particular, given his background in economics, has to say about the plusses and minuses of the New Deal and the shift towards Keynesianism that occurred under FDR.

This is above my paygrade gentlemen. I have no problem denigrating Biden and Trump, for very different reasons, but have no idea how to rank Lincoln and FDR.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:06 PM   #47
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Grant funeral procession estimated to be 7 miles long.
2 term President.
On the $ 50 bill.

VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:15 PM   #48
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Grant funeral procession estimated to be 7 miles long.
2 term President.
On the $ 50 bill.

And your point is? Trump hasn't died yet, but more people showed up at his 2016 inauguration than any in history. Lots more than Obama's. And, when you add back all the stolen ballots, he got more votes than any presidential candidate in history in 2016. Then one-upped that in 2020!

Grant's presidency is ranked low by some historians. I have no idea why.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:17 PM   #49
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Two of Grant's pallbearers were Confederate generals.
Are you getting the point ?
Old 02-24-2024, 05:23 PM   #50
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

I imagine those generals thought he was a SOB during the Civil War, especially after Sherman began his march of destruction through Georgia and the Carolinas. But at war's end, he was magnanimous. He allowed Confederate soldiers to return to their homes, keeping their mounts. And officers were allowed to keep their sidearms. He ordered his men to give them food.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/p...lee-appomattox

I believe his reputation as a general was superior to his reputation as a president. But as I said before, I'm no expert on this.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:24 PM   #51
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Grant won by gerrymandering and vote suppression. His Presidency was mired in corruption and scandals. He was a known drunk. He did not transition well to civilian life and the Presidency. He was known to appoint friends to positions they weren't qualified for. But above all this grant was a war criminal.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:28 PM   #52
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Either they served with him at some point, knew him or had business dealings with him.
That war pitted brother v brother neighbor v neighbor. Moot point.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:30 PM   #53
VitaMan
Valued Poster

This is the second Civil War president you have besmirched.

Obviously you are a southerner, and not objective.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:33 PM   #54
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
And your point is? Trump hasn't died yet, but more people showed up at his 2016 inauguration than any in history. Lots more than Obama's. And, when you add back all the stolen ballots, he got more votes than any presidential candidate in history in 2016. Then one-upped that in 2020!

Grant's presidency is ranked low by some historians. I have no idea why.

How many will show up at Trump's funeral ? And who will be his pallbearers, if enough can be found.

Trump's biggest achievement as President is to be the 3rd heaviest.....and even that is probably a lie.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:38 PM   #55
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Trump flying to North Korea to kiss the enemies ass.
Not exactly Grant.
The reason he did it ? He thought he had a chance to get a Nobel Peace prize.

Old 02-24-2024, 05:45 PM   #56
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
This is the second Civil War president you have besmirched.

Obviously you are a southerner, and not objective.

I know my presidential history. My research has led to my opinion. Would you like to debate Polk or Jackson being terrible presidents? Or why adams was hated yet he was the most important founding father that got the declaration done? A northerner from massachusetts who I rank in my top 3 ! Teddy from New York is a northerner from NY is another top 3 of mine. And Reagan my favorite was from Illinois. A northern state as well. Hmmmmmmmnn
Old 02-24-2024, 06:00 PM   #57
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Declaring 2 Presidents to be war criminals and treasonous is a bit much. You can have your different rankings and opinion, that is fine. Some time researching the Civil War era and all its different elements may be of use to you.

The 7 mile funeral procession for Grant shows a far different story.
The Lincoln memorial shows a different story.

Treasonous.......?

Funeral processions are not given for traitors Memorials are not built for traitors.

Treasonous...?
Old 02-24-2024, 06:55 PM   #58
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Some time researching the Civil War era and all its different elements may be of use to you.
That's a little like someone asking you to research options, or Lusty Lad or Texas Contrarian to research economics before commenting. Winn Dixie knows as much about the Civi War as anyone here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Grant won by gerrymandering and vote suppression. His Presidency was mired in corruption and scandals. He was a known drunk. He did not transition well to civilian life and the Presidency. He was known to appoint friends to positions they weren't qualified for. But above all this grant was a war criminal.
Scandals of the Ulysses S. Grant Administration

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanda...administration

After taking a look at that link it's hard to rank Grant highly as a president. I understand that many though consider him one of the greatest generals of all time.

Winn Dixie, One of my grandparents was from Georgia and I bet one or both of her grandfathers and possibly her father served in the Civil War. She hated Sherman.

My question, did Grant order or tell his subordinates to order the killings of civilians or POW's? My impression is that Sherman and others intentionally wiped out farms and businesses and houses and the like, but not the civilians. But I don't know.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 07:13 PM   #59
winn dixie
Premium Access

No doubt grant was a decent general when sober.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:31 PM   #60
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Here are a couple of factoids you might not know about Ulysses Grant:

1. He is buried in Grant's tomb. (sorry, I couldn't resist.)

2. He was diagnosed with throat cancer late in life. He would have died penniless, but he dictated his memoirs to Mark Twain before he passed. The book was a huge best-seller, and the proceeds from it kept his wife and family out of penury.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...rant-1882227/#
lustylad is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women