Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70478
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47765
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37106
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-02-2023, 06:04 PM   #271
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
if you say so
Tomlin will be in the HOF. Everybody in da Burgh blames the SB loss on the Mendenhall fumble in the 4rth Qtr. But Ben threw a pic 6 in the first Qtr that put them behind the eight ball. That wasn’t Tomlins fault. It was a horrible decision and bad throw by Ben. Mendenhall was running pretty effectively during the game. He got trucked on the fumble. Shit happens.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HEINLjYTnTE

He got hit from both sides as soon as he took the handoff.

This play lost the game. They had to come from behind. But the Steelers were running the ball effectively.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8iqMXyOZZc

You can’t blame this SB lose on Tomlin. Or any other Coach. The players have to execute their responsibilities. The Steelers had 3 turnovers that night.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:14 PM   #272
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Yeah well, Cowher inherited 2 HOFers from Noll and 8 pro bowlers. Lombardi inherited 5 HOFers when he took over the Packers. He drafted 1, Herb Adderly. It’s a straw man’s argument. Ben didn’t become Ben until Tomlin. Cowher made him a Game Manager. I didn’t think Cowher was HOF Material. He Lost 4 AFC championship games. Mostly as favorites and at home. But he’s in. Tomlin is very similar. He’s a lock. Nolls a different story. He took over 40yrs of losing and zero talent. He built that dynasty. But even the Emperor Noll had some warts. He wanted Newhouse over Franco and didn’t win after the 70’s.
Jimmy Johnson did a similar thing in Dallas. He built the 90’s dynasty. He should be in the HOF. He did hand it over to Switzer. Who actually might be an idiot.

What did Don Shula win with Marino? He lost a SB as a huge favorite against the Jets. But he has the most wins. Belichek without Brady? Andy without Maholmes? Walsh without Montana? Joe Gibbs is probably the most underrated NFL coach. 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs. I’m not a Tomlin lover. But he’s not an idiot. His coaching career isn’t over yet. He might win another SB. He’ll go as far as Pickett will or can take him.

the Jets haven't been to a Superbowl since Superbowl III with the most overrated qb in the HOF ever. Joe Namath. the only reason Namath is in the HOF is that Superbowl win which came at a critical time for the AFC (Former AFL). the AFC lost the first two against the Packers and people were beginning to say the AFC couldn't compete.

the Jets and Miami are AFC teams they can't meet in the Superbowl at best the AFC title game.

Marino lost his one Superbowl appearance to some guy named Joe. Montana.

you can make a case that many coaches inherited enough talent to win a Superbowl like Cower and Tomlin. one coach you can't is Don Shula who inherited nothing in Miami. everything he accomplished in Miami, he built. he's the all time winning coach by wins, went 2-2 in Superbowl's with the only perfect season ever.

Tomlin is only 51 so he'll be coaching for some time to come unless he suddenly decides to quit/retire and i don't see that happening. he's1-1 in Superbowl's now, you add another W with a team he built (no Big Ben who he inherited from Cower who didn't want Big Ben, it was Dan Rooney who overrode both Cower and Colbert), and i'd say he's HOF worthy. 1 win is not enough.

interestingly, Rooney overrode Cower for Big Ben because they blew a chance to draft Marino in 1983 and took a nose tackle instead. that tackle, Gabriel Rivera only played in 6 games for the Steelers before causing an accident while driving drunk that left him paralyzed and ended his career.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:25 PM   #273
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
the Jets haven't been to a Superbowl since Superbowl III with the most overrated qb in the HOF ever. Joe Namath. the only reason Namath is in the HOF is that Superbowl win which came at a critical time for the AFC (Former AFL). the AFC lost the first two against the Packers and people were beginning to say the AFC couldn't compete.

the Jets and Miami are AFC teams they can't meet in the Superbowl at best the AFC title game.

Marino lost his one Superbowl appearance to some guy named Joe. Montana.

you can make a case that many coaches inherited enough talent to win a Superbowl like Cower and Tomlin. one coach you can't is Don Shula who inherited nothing in Miami. everything he accomplished in Miami, he built. he's the all time winning coach by wins, went 2-2 in Superbowl's with the only perfect season ever.

Tomlin is only 51 so he'll be coaching for some time to come unless he suddenly decides to quit/retire and i don't see that happening. he's1-1 in Superbowl's now, you add another W with a team he built (no Big Ben who he inherited from Cower who didn't want Big Ben, it was Dan Rooney who overrode both Cower and Colbert), and i'd say he's HOF worthy. 1 win is not enough.

interestingly, Rooney overrode Cower for Big Ben because they blew a chance to draft Marino in 1983 and took a nose tackle instead. that tackle, Gabriel Rivera only played in 6 games for the Steelers before causing an accident while driving drunk that left him paralyzed and ended his career.
Bro, I mentioned two coaches that didn’t inherent talent, Noll and Johnson. You brought up Tomlin Inheriting Cowhers talent. Coaches get what they get. So, an overrated Namath beat an 18pt favorite Shula coached team!!!! BAHAHAHAHA. And Trust me, I know who Marino and Montana are. I played basketball against Montana and the great Ringold basketball team in 1973. Joe could really hoop. I also know why Marino dropped in the draft.

https://observer-reporter.com/column...1d5de.amp.html

We scrimmaged General Braddock the next year. Those guys were really good too.

BTW, Noll drafted the guy from Texas Tech, Rivera, not Cowher. He thought he would be the next Joe Green. Plus Marino had some bad rumors going around in Pittsburgh. Which were untrue. It was guilt by association. That’s the reason why he dropped to the Dolphins. But you are right one thing, Cowher wanted Rivers, Cowher went to NCS like Rivers. But Rivers was gone. They had to pick Ben. They weren’t going to trade up for Rivers. Bro, you know I’m on your side, but you’re woefully misinformed here.
Old 04-02-2023, 06:53 PM   #274
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

The reason they never took Marino, and I know this because I was there, and I knew a couple of football members who lived on our floor, one, was Chris Doleman, but another guy was responsible for buying stuff for Marino, and keeping him out of the process, so he couldn't take a fall if caught,
(Staff edit)
Now, I also believe you were able to start finding it locally, and, again, I knew someone
(Staff edit)
His issues were well known to the team, the team owners, and of course, the Kneelers management, hence, we don't need no stinking badges in or around our star QB.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:57 PM   #275
bambino
Valued Poster

(Staff edit)

Well, i knew a guy that was very close to him. But it was the 80’s. It was everywhere. Mebbe Danny partied a Little Bit. Maybe. Most college kids do. Including me. But I wasn’t as handsome as Marino or the best QB in the country. But I do know a person close to the situation. I’ll put it this way, Marino couldn’t pull off his NFL career looking like Hunter Biden. Dan Marino has never looked or acted in the way Devo has described. I would say it’s complete bullshit. Marino grew up in a strict family. I think his dad would have stepped in. They lived a couple blocks away.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:03 PM   #276
Devo
Valued Poster

And this was not guilt by association, I was there.

Him and two other players had a 3 person suite in Lothrop hall, they were intended for medical students, and each had their OWN BATHROOM, which was awsome for the people living there.

So, FB players got whatever they wanted he had a car, from an Alumnist, most of the best football players did, him and his roomates had a free Keg of beer delivered once a week, we saw Oakland Distributors there, all had free stereos, toaster ovens, etc, in their rooms.

The best story ever though, was, our buddy attended a party hosted by Toney DOR SET, with all the other black players, and, afterwards, he said, that there was was this set of (Staff edit)
Now, this guy was from Philty, came from a Staff edit) and Pitt was his only way out, and he had never ever seen wealth like that, and, he was truly staggered at being invited and treated like that.

I also had an HS classmate on the team.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:07 PM   #277
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well, i knew a guy that was very close to him. But it was the 80’s. It was everywhere. Mebbe Danny partied a Little Bit. Maybe. I don’t know that as fact. But I do know a person close to the situation. I’ll put it this way, Marino couldn’t pull off his NFL career looking like Hunter Biden.
Did your buddy know "Layme Amy"?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:18 PM   #278
bambino
Valued Poster

(Staff edit)
Dorsett was coming back to the Pitt campus in the 80’s? Just to party in a dorm? Cmon man. He was an NFL superstar then. He played against the Steelers in the 78 Super Bowl. Your stories are becoming more unbelievable with every post.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:20 PM   #279
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Did your buddy know "Layme Amy"?
No, my buddy was the brother of a very close lady to Marino. Her name isn’t Amy. But mebbe she had a hooker handle!!!!!! I seriously doubt your stories. Marino is a good guy. A real Pittsburgh guy. Not what you portray. He just couldn’t function in the way he has according to your tales.,
Old 04-02-2023, 07:47 PM   #280
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Dorsett was coming back to the Pitt campus in the 80’s? Just to party in a dorm? Cmon man. He was an NFL superstar then. He played against the Steelers in the 78 Super Bowl. Your stories are becoming more unbelievable with every post.
Party wasn't at the dorm, the players were invited to HIS place, I can't remember, but I believe he still had a place in Pittsburgh.

As to the validity, I was there, (Staff edit)

I guess you wouldn't believe that the players (Staff edit)

Our buddy used to come to our room for two reasons, one, because Dolman was (Staff edit) and threw his roomate out, its why we started hanging out and grooving, so to speak.

Later, he came in to reheat leftovers that he brought from the training table, and we had the only toaster oven on our floor, so, we made him bring us food for us, steaks, always, and one time, these prawns about 8" inches long, he said, I could only get six of these shrimp, and they weighed almost a pound, we had a scale you know.....
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:52 PM   #281
Devo
Valued Poster

Layme Amy was a (Staff edit) girl who was trying to sleep with every guy on the football team, AFAIK, she did pretty good.

Now, I can understand your hesitancy to have your bubbles burst, but, if you were involved in a recreational game then, and this was complete chance, as were were as far away from a (Staff edit) as could be in PA, and the fact we made an unlikely friend of (Staff edit) probably only other close friends saw what he did personally.

I just can't say somethings publicly, even though the statute of limitations has long ran out, and I don't want to go to intimate of the details.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:10 PM   #282
bambino
Valued Poster

(Staff edit)

I could get roids in the late 70’s early 80’s. But I didn’t need them. I was 265 and solid, naturally. I worked out at Manions in Carnegie. Steve Coursen worked out there. He was raging. I played with and against NFL players. CFL too. I played against Joe Gilliam. Remember him? He could throw it as pure as anyone. But he had issues. He died a few years later. I had tryouts scheduled with a few CFL teams. I declined and got on with my life. I was 22. It seems like you were involved in a lot of illegal activity. I hope, for you, nobody from Marino’s family reads this bullshit. If they do, you’re in hot water.,
Old 04-03-2023, 11:42 AM   #283
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

I’m currently a running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Can’t tell you my name but it rhymes with Hajee Narris. Lol
Tomlin is such a great coach he played me in late exhibition and camp last year even though I had a lisfranc injury, so I was pretty much useless till second half of the season. That or I am actually an average NFL back and a terrible 1st round selection.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:20 AM   #284
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I’m currently a running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Can’t tell you my name but it rhymes with Hajee Narris. Lol
Tomlin is such a great coach he played me in late exhibition and camp last year even though I had a lisfranc injury, so I was pretty much useless till second half of the season. That or I am actually an average NFL back and a terrible 1st round selection.

Lisfranc injuries often keep players out for a whole season and sometimes end careers, so considering that Najee improved as the year went along, and didn't suffer any setbacks, there's no evidence that the future HOF coach was wrong in bringing Najee back on the timeline that he did. His recovery went as well as could be expected.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:00 AM   #285
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Lisfranc injuries often keep players out for a whole season and sometimes end careers, so considering that Najee improved as the year went along, and didn't suffer any setbacks, there's no evidence that the future HOF coach was wrong in bringing Najee back on the timeline that he did. His recovery went as well as could be expected.
I agree, Lisfranc injuries can be debilitating. That’s why you don’t play your bell cow in preseason who has one.
Regardless, I loved our off-season. Kahn is aggressive plus he has the advantage of not dealing with Ben’s $40 mill salary.

The NFL just leaked that we are playing at Vegas the 3rd week of the season. That will be a fun trip!!
Charley3 is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women