Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47751
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2022, 02:16 PM   #16
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You got something to substantiate those claims?

And which municipal governments are you aware of that based on party affiliation? I'm not talking about the party affiliation of the mayor, but actual partisan election process. (I think there are only a couple of those - the yuge majority of American cities elect their governments in nonpartisan elections.)

Typical RWW talking point. Apparently if you pound it and pound it, eventually people will believe it.

Cmon YR-- cities may elect their governments in nonpartisan elections-- but we all still know party affiliations. I have a 9 member Council here in Cincinnati. One Republican-- the rest ran as independents but all identify as Democrats. Nonpartisan elections for city officials just means that the parties don't officially endorse candidates-- the candidates themselves still lean one way or the other.

Here-- its essentially a golf scramble. 25-40 people run for 9 seats... top vote getters win. I really wish we'd at least go to a system with 5 or 6 districts and 2 to 3 at large seats. Right now-- about half the city isn't represented at all on council.

While your statement may be technically true-- I know you're not that daft.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:16 PM   #17
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
I'd do away with bail as its very arbitrary.

Then make it less arbitrary, not do away with it. Eric Adams just said and the country seems to agree with him, that what New York has done is INSANE and I agree.

Finally the media decided to point out the elephant in the room ( having nothing to do with the Republican party ) that LITERALLY the same people are committing the majority of crimes and it is because they continue to be released on bail and if they ever do show up in court, are released to go right back to what they were doing, hurting people and hurting businesses.

So, new rule number 1. Violent criminals shall be treated different than non violent criminals. Who could argue with that? Well, anybody who has a different definition than I, as to what violence means I guess.

Right now, New York and other similar jurisdictions have decided that merely wielding a gun in a robbery is not violent because nobody was shot or if they were they didn't die.

That is insane and is at the heart of the debate IMHO.

If you bring a gun or a knife for that matter, to a crime, you are displaying intent to commit harm, period. That makes it a violent crime by merely possessing a weapon, any weapon that can cause deadly harm in the commission of a crime, any crime.

What the fuck is so hard to understand and accept about that?

Of those like the guy in New York who has has committed over 100 crimes himself and 10 persons all together committed almost 500 non violent crimes, we most decide "how much is enough of this" since the criminals have displayed "intent" not to stop. We can see after 2 or 3 times, that this person has no intention of stopping and yet we what, hope they will someday?

This is where a 3 strikes law should come into play. I'd prefer to 2 but I'm a compromising kinda guy, so I'll accept 3. The law should say IMHO, that when you display "intent" not to stop what you are doing, committing a non-violent criminal act, you to will then have to be removed from society for a lengthy period of time.

Why, as a reasonably sane people do we allow ourselves to put up with people intent on making the whole worse? Why, because we are compassionate? To who, the criminal or the victims? I choose victims in any and all cases.

Right now, Gov. Abbott is showing the hypocrites for what they are, "not in my backyard" Liberals. New York says they are proud of being a Sanctuary city but when presented with the results of such a pronouncement, that illegal migrants will want to go to such a place, those hypocrites fold like a cheap suit and say, "not in my back yard".

We can choose to elect people who care more about the criminals or more about the victims. It isn't a hard choice for me, not even close. Democrats have become a party of those that care more about the criminals, like Soros and company and Republicans care more about the victems.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:30 PM   #18
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

when I say do a way with bail, i'm not talking about releasing them. i'm talking about keeping the suspects in jail until court date.

a lot of these criminals (violent and non-violent) are bail jumpers and are flight risk. I don't know how many are such. given what i've seen the crime spike across the country, i suspect its a fair bit.

I'd like to see some statistic on that score.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women