Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59982
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 08-14-2021, 09:22 AM   #76
Next Best Thing
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyra View Post
ew, what? do you have a link, or should i just dig?
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6267861093001#sp=show-clips

REPUGNANT

I do not support PETA in any way, but Fauci and the democrat party cultists really have a lot of serious mental problems.

Those dogs are definitely being fucked out of doing things they want to do.
Next Best Thing is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:05 AM   #77
rooster
Sick up and fed....

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Who here among you has encountered the bullshit surcharge that restaurants are extorting out of unsuspecting customers when the customer behaves like a normal adult and pays with a credit card? I've gotten fucked on this a couple of times, didn't actually notice until someone pointed it out to me.

Started fucking the waitresses over it. I guess the most the restaurant owners can legally surcharge in NY is 4%, so 4% comes out of the tip every time they pull this shit on me.

I think it's important that the waitress be aware of why they're getting fucked, so I leave a note explaining that the business owner is selfishly devouring her tips.

Another thing we can blame on liberal, shutdown happy democrat douchebags I guess.

I'm also accepting zero blame for my behavior here, male lesbians, so please spare me the sob story about the suffering of the innocent waitress.

Thank you.
When you "spare" us from this garbage...we'll consider your request.

You have got to be kidding? You fuck over the person caught in the middle? And then leave a note to "educate" them? Thinking....what? That they are then gonna do what you should have done in the first place, i.e. complain to management?

Hows about.....you give her the FUCKING MONEY SHE EARNED...and then you ask for the manager and tell them you will not come back unless they reverse this policy?

But your whole beef is bullshit to begin with. The reason they do the surcharge is because of the vig that the Credit Card companies skim off the top. The food service industry is a low-margin business, historically. By adding this charge, they are being transparent in telling you that they cannot absorb this. They could have just raised their prices across the board by 4 percent....and you never woulda noticed! Cuz it's obvious you don't typically scrutinize your bill closely, so you don't seem all that concerned about prices overall.....

Act like a real adult instead of a self-righteous pig. If you don't like it, pay them in cash. And/or don't go back. But don't stiff the fucking wait staff. Jeezis.

Now SPARE US another simplistic two-sentence retort that proves nothing but your amazing indifference to rational, objective thought and your total intolerance of anything that doesn't support your "rugged individualism."

We also don't need your "explanations" about how the tip process is so fucked up to begin with. Many of us know that and aren't happy about it. But this waitress expected you to treat her fairly. And you fucked her, by your own admission. Not cool.

rooster is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:26 AM   #78
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubya110 View Post
Please identify the section in the provided text that supports your claim that researchers are skewing results in studies funded by federal grants. Your 0 for 2 thus far.
We both read the same article, nitpick it yourself. Here is the article for everyone to enjoy and come to their own conclusions.

For most of the past century, the United States was the pre-eminent nation in science and technology. The evidence for that is beyond dispute: Since 1901, American researchers have won more Nobel prizes in medicine, chemistry, and physics than any other nation. Given our history of discovery, innovation, and success, it is not surprising that across the political landscape Americans consider the funding of scientific research to be both a source of pride and a worthy investment.

Nevertheless, in his 1961 farewell address, President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned that the pursuit of government grants would have a corrupting influence on the scientific community. He feared that while American universities were “historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery,” the pursuit of taxpayer monies would become “a substitute for intellectual curiosity” and lead to “domination of the nation’s scholars by Federal employment…and the power of money.”

Eisenhower’s fears were well-founded and prescient.

My experiences at four research universities and as a National Institutes of Health (NIH) research fellow taught me that the relentless pursuit of taxpayer funding has eliminated curiosity, basic competence, and scientific integrity in many fields.

Yet, more importantly, training in “science” is now tantamount to grant-writing and learning how to obtain funding. Organized skepticism, critical thinking, and methodological rigor, if present at all, are afterthoughts. Thus, our nation’s institutions no longer perform their role as Eisenhower’s fountainhead of free ideas and discovery. Instead, American universities often produce corrupt, incompetent, or scientifically meaningless research that endangers the public, confounds public policy, and diminishes our nation’s preparedness to meet future challenges.

Nowhere is the intellectual and moral decline more evident than in public health research. From 1970 to 2010, as taxpayer funding for public health research increased 700 percent, the number of retractions of biomedical research articles increased more than 900 percent, with most due to misconduct. Fraud and retractions increased so precipitously from 2010 to 2015 that private foundations created the Center for Scientific Integrity and “Retraction Watch” to alert the public.

One reason non-government organizations lead the battle to improve science is that universities and federal funding agencies lack accountability and often ignore fraud and misconduct. There are numerous examples in which universities refused to hold their faculty accountable until elected officials intervened, and even when found guilty, faculty researchers continued to receive tens of millions of taxpayers’ dollars. Those facts are an open secret: When anonymously surveyed, over 14 percent of researchers report that their colleagues commit fraud and 72 percent report other questionable practices. The problem goes well beyond the known frauds.

The list of elite institutions at which high-profile faculty commit misconduct is growing rapidly.

In 2018, Duke University was the eighth-largest recipient of NIH funding with $475 million, and in 2019, Duke acquired over $570 million. Yet, in 2014, a whistleblower at Duke alleged that $200 million in grants were obtained using falsified data. Despite the retraction of nearly 50 papers, Duke refused to take responsibility and mounted a legal battle. The result was a $112.5 million penalty in which Duke did not have to admit culpability. That was Duke’s second major misconduct debacle in a decade. In each instance, Duke fought to keep the details confidential while continuing to receive hundreds of millions in public funds.

Harvard is the wealthiest university in the world and, despite being a private institution, received almost $600 million in public funds from the NIH and other agencies in 2018. In fact, some faculty received more NIH funding than many states, and these funds are sufficient to pay for tuition, room, board, and books of every undergrad at Harvard. Nevertheless, Harvard’s faculty has an ever-increasing number of retractions due to misconduct or incompetence. In one case, Harvard’s teaching hospital was forced to pay $10 million because its faculty had fraudulently obtained NIH funding. The penalty was only a fraction of the NIH funds acquired by the guilty faculty.

More recently, Cornell opened its third investigation of a researcher who received more than $4.6 million from the United States Department of Agriculture and $3.3 million from the NIH. As is typical, Cornell exonerated its faculty member in the initial investigation and only reinvestigated after intense media scrutiny.

Ubiquitous sexual harassment is also emblematic of the moral decline in academic science. The number of academics found responsible for sexual harassment has skyrocketed. Yet most universities simply “pass the harasser” so that faculty can transfer their grants to another institution. A 2019 headline in The Chronicle of Higher Education read: “‘Pass the Harasser’ Is Higher Ed’s Worst-Kept Secret.” The NIH has been slow to respond and “apologizes for lack of action on sexual harassers.”

Retractions, misconduct, and harassment are only part of the decline. Incompetence is another. An article in The Economist suggested, “[f]raud is very likely second to incompetence in generating erroneous results.”

The widespread inability of publicly funded researchers to generate valid, reproducible findings is a testament to the failure of universities to properly train scientists and instill intellectual and methodologic rigor. That failure means taxpayers are being misled by results that are non-reproducible or demonstrably false.

The widespread inability of publicly funded researchers to generate valid, reproducible findings is a testament to the failure of universities to properly train scientists.
A number of critics, including John Ioannidis of Stanford University, contend that academic research is often “conducted for no other reason than to give physicians and researchers qualifications for promotion or tenure.” In other words, taxpayers fund studies that are conducted for non-scientific reasons such as career advancement and “policy-based evidence-making.”

Incompetence in concert with a lack of accountability and political or personal agendas has grave consequences: The Economist stated that from 2000 to 2010, nearly 80,000 patients were involved in clinical trials based on research that was later retracted.

Beginning in 2013, my colleagues and I published a series of empirical refutations in top medical and scientific journals showing that no human could survive on the diets used by the U.S. government to create the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. To be precise, we demonstrated that the methods used by government and academic researchers produced data that were physiologically implausible and inadmissible as scientific evidence.

Yet, rather than address the consequences of our refutations, academic researchers simply ignored the evidence. That lack of scientific integrity leads to evermore faculty and students using demonstrably implausible dietary data every year. Given that taxpayers fund thousands of meaningless studies that generate erroneous and often ridiculous conclusions (e.g., eggs cause heart disease or coffee causes cancer), it is unsurprising that policy architects and the public are confused about “healthy eating.”

As Eisenhower feared, the pursuit of government grants corrupted our nation’s scholars and money has now become a substitute for intellectual integrity and curiosity. Nevertheless, reform is possible.

Currently, universities take 52 percent of each NIH grant as “indirect costs” to cover administrative expenses. That revenue incentivizes both a lack of accountability and misconduct while allowing the wealthiest 10 percent of universities to receive 90 percent of NIH funding. Ending the “indirect cost” legerdemain and instituting mandatory penalties against universities for faculty misconduct would effectively double research funding while disincentivizing fraud and harassment.

Second, the NIH should limit the number of projects an investigator can simultaneously control and institute a mandatory age limit for grant recipients. Currently, the NIH gives more money to investigators aged 56-75 than aged 24-40. Since innovation and discovery occur early in a scientist’s career, that policy would stop elderly but well-connected researchers from impeding progress.

Finally, disallow the use of taxpayer monies for publicity. Currently, investigators have free rein to “hype” their research with taxpayer funds. Misleading or exaggerated claims in press releases has contributed significantly to the public’s confusion on nutrition and many other health issues.

Edward Archer PhD, MS, currently serves as chief science officer for EvolvingFX. His research has been profiled in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Atlantic, ABC World News, and numerous online venues
Willie Wanker is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:28 AM   #79
Next Best Thing
Valued Poster

roo can be counted on ten times out of ten to bleat out the sheep democrat party line.

The business owner imposes a sneaky underhanded surcharge.

The only recourse is to either allow the scumbag to benefit, or to resist by reducing the discretionary component of the transaction.

The business owner is the antagonist.

Defraying cost by whatever means are left to the paying customer is a reasonable response in every scenario.

Explaining to the server what is taking place, and why, leaves no confusion as to who is taking money out of her pocket.

If scumbags are going to try to manipulate a concocted farcical situation to redistribute spending power, then normal people who know what's good for them will respond in kind.

This is all self-evident roo.

Stop watching so much CNN and MSNBC please.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:41 AM   #80
valkyra
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 521559
My ECCIE Reviews

this isn't fun anymore
valkyra is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #81
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
roo can be counted on ten times out of ten to bleat out the sheep democrat party line.

The business owner imposes a sneaky underhanded surcharge.

The only recourse is to either allow the scumbag to benefit, or to resist by reducing the discretionary component of the transaction.

The business owner is the antagonist.

Defraying cost by whatever means are left to the paying customer is a reasonable response in every scenario.

Explaining to the server what is taking place, and why, leaves no confusion as to who is taking money out of her pocket.

If scumbags are going to try to manipulate a concocted farcical situation to redistribute spending power, then normal people who know what's good for them will respond in kind.

This is all self-evident roo.

Stop watching so much CNN and MSNBC please.
I haven't heard of this. I'll admit I don't look over the check that much and probably should. I've been burned in the past being charged for things we didn't order. One restaurant used to pre-add the tip, and you had to change it if you wanted to pay a different percent. I probably double tipped a few times by accident until I caught on to that sneaky tactic.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:51 AM   #82
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
this isn't fun anymore
It gets warm in here. You can see why I needed a short break... back to the trenches 😂
Old 08-14-2021, 11:44 AM   #83
rooster
Sick up and fed....

Encounters: 12

Quote:

Yer slippin....you forgot to comment on my mental health.

The only thing that can really be counted on is a tired, simplistic response like this from you. And that you will continue to justify your every boorish comment and action.

The remaining puzzle....not to be resolved here, certainly....is why you and yours seem to enjoy behaving like this. You take pride and satisfaction in your myopic views of how you believe things should be, and you entertain no compromise or real discussion. You are the only ones who REALLY know how it is. Period. The rest of us are biased, misled fools who are incapable of changing the channel or opening up a different tab on our browsers.

You help nothing. You only pontificate and bitch.

You are Mike Lindell: "You're wrong!"

That's fine if you're just discussing whores. For RL, it only makes this all worse.

But I've certainly made it clear to everyone what I think of you. Why...it would even seem that I have a "present" waiting for me in my Inbox to let me know that there are certainly "others" who have noticed my criticisms. There is no reason to post more. Maybe this last post in this turd of a thread will even push that situation over the edge.... I truly care little.

Other than.....you never responded to my challenge about your sig line....

You are jonballs to me, i.e. you no longer justify any of my time. Not a comparison to be proud of....

Valkyra is right about two things: she has an awesome dog and that this isn't fun.

Y'all have at it....
rooster is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:24 PM   #84
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
this isn't fun anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Wanker View Post
It gets warm in here. You can see why I needed a short break... back to the trenches 😂
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 02:01 PM   #85
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post

The only thing that can really be counted on is a tired, simplistic response like this from you. And that you will continue to justify your every boorish comment and action.

The remaining puzzle....not to be resolved here, certainly....is why you and yours seem to enjoy behaving like this. You take pride and satisfaction in your myopic views of how you believe things should be, and you entertain no compromise or real discussion. You are the only ones who REALLY know how it is. Period. The rest of us are biased, misled fools who are incapable of changing the channel or opening up a different tab on our browsers.

That's fine if you're just discussing whores. For RL, it only makes this all worse.

But I've certainly made it clear to everyone what I think of you. Why...it would even seem that I have a "present" waiting for me in my Inbox to let me know that there are certainly "others" who have noticed my criticisms. There is no reason to post more. Maybe this last post in this turd of a thread will even push that situation over the edge.... I truly care little.

You are jonballs to me, i.e. you no longer justify any of my time. Not a comparison to be proud of....

Valkyra is right about two things: she has an awesome dog and that this isn't fun.

Y'all have at it....
This is interesting. This started out by you making what I believed to be a light hearted Tucker tease. I joked back with you for a few posts and everything seemed cool.
Then out of nowhere you replied to my post to GW to dress me down and call me a dope. But, it's guys like me that aren't tolerant and think we know everything? Our disagreements don't have to sink that low, but when you make it personal, then this is where we end up.
We disagree on a lot of stuff, but I've always tried to be cordial with you regardless. There are other members that have no problem throwing around personal insults at go (see GW's replies to me ), I expect that, but wasn't expecting it from you.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:54 PM   #86
Clit Eastwood
Premium Access

Encounters: 42

Quote:
I have not.

I do as I please and when forced to I simply lie and say I have the obedience shot.

Usually the only obstacle is a sign on the front of a business establishment or restaurant asking people who haven't submitted to the obedience shot to wear an obedience mask. It's like going by the honor system which piece of shit democrat sheep can't use on me needless to say.

I wonder how many he-shes or actual females are allowing themselves to be led around by the nose by these amateur tactics.

MORON!
Clit Eastwood is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #87
Guest072323
Valued Poster

Encounters: 123

Quote:

Paulie,

If I am wrong,
You are

Quote:

Paulie,

Thanks!
You're Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher View Post
How many will be fucked out of living because of this real coronavirus?

If the CDC issued a mandate/warning saying "DO NOT point a loaded gun at your right eye and pull the trigger" a lot of members of this board would do it simply because they were told/advised not to.

I could name names but it's not too difficult to figure out who would say "fuck that warning".
Even you don't believe that horseshit

It's also easy to see who the clowns are that will do anything their party tells them to do.... on the left side of the room....
Guest072323 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:25 PM   #88
Next Best Thing
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post

Y'all have at it....
roo you shoot off your yap about never responding again all the time - it's a go-to move similar to your bleating like a sheep and using words like "we" and "us" like a 14 year old girl trying to convince herself that she's normal enough to have friends.

Everybody over the age of 30 knows how credit cards work.

Being put in a category with JB is a very high compliment in the context of participation on this board.

One of the reasons you can't make a logical argument against reducing tips and placing the blame squarely on business owners who are trying to game the coronavirus hysteria is because there is no logical argument against it.

So you resort to a moral argument. On a whore board.

It doesn't necessarily make me happy that the waitress suffers although sometimes it does.

It always makes me happy when I know I'm triggering self-loathing liberals.

Thread is a great example.

roo may be able to resist responding to this one, mostly because he made the high-school chick style declaration that he was storming off.

Definitely temporary.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:27 PM   #89
Next Best Thing
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clit Eastwood View Post
MORON!
What a gratuitous, hurtful, unnecessary personal attack.

Been banned for less.

You should take it back.

Won't hold it against you.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:32 PM   #90
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

And the party rages on 😂 😎

AMPReviews.net