Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70422
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 12-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #451
IMGTH58
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
I am not the one ignorant of basic facts. You should ask him

I did ask you.
IMGTH58 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:26 AM   #452
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGTH58 View Post
I did ask you.
Again, ask the people on this thread who are ignorant of facts about your hysterically false and silly conspiracy theories
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #453
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Thinks Trump saved millions of lives yet calls someone else deranged. Thanks for the laugh. That was hilarious.

BTW, Pfizer is the first company to have the vaccine ready for US citizens to take, and they didn't accept any warp speed money.
FACT CHECK: Yes, President Trump through his direction of Operation Warp Speed will save millions of lives, developing multiple vaccines in record time, faster than all the experts said was possible

FACT CHECK: July 22: Through Operation Warp Speed HHS announced an agreement to provide up to $1.95 billion in funds to Pfizer for the large-scale manufacturing and nationwide distribution of 100 million doses of their vaccine candidate.

I know facts are hard for liberals with TDS to grasp but you can't run from these
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:30 AM   #454
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
I think there will be big revelations on Friday. You heard it first here.
I wish you'd stuck around until Friday to tell us the great suprise.

I musta missed it!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #455
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Thinks Trump saved millions of lives yet calls someone else deranged. Thanks for the laugh. That was hilarious.
So you think saving millions of lives is funny? Or is your laughter just another symptom of derangement?

Shall we do the math? According to Dr. Fauci and other experts, an average vaccine takes 5 years to develop, test for safety/efficacy (Phases I, II, and III clinical trials), and receive final FDA approval for distribution to the public. Thanks to Warp Speed, trumpy did it in 10 months.

So let's take the current US covid death toll (roughly 2,000/day) and estimate the number of lives saved. By stopping this chinese plague 4 years early, trumpy will save 4 × 365 × 2,000 = 2.92 million Americans!

And that doesn't even include all the lives saved in other countries that will also benefit from our "medical miracle"!

Can you say "Thank you, President Trump!" Try it! It's the best therapy yet approved for your raging TDS sickness!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #456
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
FACT CHECK: Yes, President Trump through his direction of Operation Warp Speed will save millions of lives, developing multiple vaccines in record time, faster than all the experts said was possible

FACT CHECK: July 22: Through Operation Warp Speed HHS announced an agreement to provide up to $1.95 billion in funds to Pfizer for the large-scale manufacturing and nationwide distribution of 100 million doses of their vaccine candidate.

I know facts are hard for liberals with TDS to grasp but you can't run from these
The fact is Trump had nothing to do with the speed of the vaccine.

Trump will be judged on the speed and efficiency of the roll out of the shots.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #457
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I wish you'd stuck around until Friday to tell us the great suprise.

I musta missed it!
^^^ What the fuck is wtf doing in the Pittsburgh sandbox???
Old 12-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #458
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
So you think saving millions of lives is funny? Or is your laughter just another symptom of derangement?

Shall we do the math? According to Dr. Fauci and other experts, an average vaccine takes 5 years to develop, test for safety/efficacy, and receive final FDA approval for distribution to the public. Thanks to Warp Speed, trumpy did it in 10 months.

So let's take the current US covid death toll (roughly 2,000/day) and estimate the number of lives saved. By stopping this chinese plague 4 years early, trumpy will save 4 × 365 × 2,000 = 2.92 million Americans!

And that doesn't even include all the lives saved in other countries that will also benefit from our "medical miracle"!

Can you say "Thank you, President Trump!" Try it! It's the best therapy yet approved for your raging TDS sickness!
Trump did not speed up the development of the vaccine by 5 years.

Come on man!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #459
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
The fact is Trump had nothing to do with the speed of the vaccine.
Riiiight... and FDR had nothing to do with our winning WW2!

And JFK had nothing to to do with our landing Americans on the moon within a decade!

And Obama had nothing to do with killing bin Laden!

(Note - all 3 of the above examples are Democrats.)

And... and... and your low IQ has nothing to do with your susceptibility to TDS!
Old 12-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #460
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Trump did not speed up the development of the vaccine by 5 years.

Come on man!
I said by 4 years, not 5.

Old 12-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #461
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannana View Post
Trump isn't responsible for the Obama economy he inherited, nor is he responsible for the fed's having the pedal down the entire time. He signed a tax break, which was mildly stimulative for a year and will run YUUUUUGE deficits as a result. Most, if any useful deregulation he tried was either fucked up having been done by MAGA idiots who don't know how government works or to prop up industries that the market already tanked (coal, mostly).
Damn, how did I overlook this jumble of nonsense? Tannana has already shown he knows nothing about many topics - fascism, finance, and wealth creation among others. Now it's time to add economics to the long list of topics tannana knows nothing about.

1. The Federal Reserve did NOT have "the pedal down the entire time" Trump has been in office. Its main (unorthodox) stimulative tool is quantitative easing or QE, under which it purchases massive quantities of government and mortgage-backed debt. The Fed first launched QE in late 2008. It ended the program in 2014. Under Trump, the Fed did not engage in any meaningful QE until early 2020, when the covid crisis put millions of Americans out of work.

2. The 2017 tax cut did not result in YUUUUGE deficits. Only an ignoramus who doesn't follow the economic data and relies instead on false dim-retard talking points would say that. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the tax cut was projected to add $1.5 trillion to the federal deficit OVER TEN YEARS. In other words, a measly $150 billion a year. That's equivalent to 3% of the federal budget and 0.7% of GDP. Not even close to YUUUUGE. While the deficit has exploded in 2020, this is entirely due to the impact of the covid shutdown on the economy and has nothing to do with the 2017 tax cut.

3. How does deregulation "prop up" anything? Deregulation just gets the government out of the way. Obama was actively working to put an entire sector of the economy - coal - out of business via burdensome and impossible regulations. While campaigning in 2016, Hillary openly promised to intensify this policy. I don't have a problem if an industry declines due to free market forces and/or new technology. However, I have a BIG problem when clueless ideologically driven bureaucrats from the DC swamp come in and try to accelerate the process. Let the market pick the winners and losers, not the fucking government.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #462
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface78 View Post
In 8 months we have had almost 5 Vietnams!
5!
During WW-2 we lost 400,000 Americans in ALL theaters and that was in 4 years of hard fighting!
You do the math!
Hahaha... seriously, dawg? You want to compare US deaths in Vietnam and WW2 to covid casualties? And you think that proves anything? Here's a WSJ columnist who thinks not.

Remember - It's apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

Media Banality Is a Covid Comorbidity

Deaths have nothing to do with Vietnam or jumbo jet crashes but with nature’s viral genetic lottery.

By Holman W. Jenkins, Jr.
Nov. 20, 2020 5:05 pm ET

National Public Radio host: “We have said the words grim milestone so many times over the past eight months on this program, and yet here we are once more. The number this time—250,000.... Each digit in that number, a life now gone, their loved ones now grieving. The collective loss is hard to measure.”

NPR reporter: “You know, Rachel, each of these terrible new milestones is so big they can start to feel incomprehensible. So I’ve been struggling to find a way to put such a terrible tragedy into some kind of context. It’s hard. But 250,000 deaths is about five times the number of U.S. troops killed in combat in Vietnam. It’s nearly five times the number of Americans who died in combat in World War I.”

These words (and I’ve spared you the full version) were spoken with the dramatic intonation that NPR apparently now requires of its on-air performers, indicating not informational content but somebody’s idea of the appropriate emotional response to be extorted from listeners. And yet the question that started this discussion could have been answered in another way more befitting a news organization: 250,000 is 9% more than the estimated U.S. death toll from the 1957 flu, adjusted for population; it’s 34% larger than the 1968 flu’s death toll; it’s about one-fifth the 1918 pandemic’s.

At least our reporter didn’t tell us that laying the victims end to end would reach from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh.

Covid-19 has nothing to do with the Vietnam War. It is nothing like World War I. It’s not even like heart disease, which kills an estimated 655,000 Americans a year and will likely continue doing so for the foreseeable future.

Covid-19 is a completely different phenomenon of its own. Why not say so?

It begins with natural selection. Unknown millions of virus types exist in the world; the number of individual viruses is believed to be 10 times the number of biological cells. A liter of seawater contains about 10 billion viruses. Viruses are a major driver, perhaps the key driver, of genetic ferment in the biosphere. Some 20% to 40% of all bacterial cells in the ocean die from viral infection each day.

We wouldn’t be here without this giant, complicated mixmaster. It’s a tragedy for humanity when a new deadly virus comes into the world, leaving a noticeable imprint on the mortality tables, accounting for 9% of all U.S. deaths this year. Unlike car accidents and opioid overdoses, Covid deaths are likely to be much reduced next year. Human immune systems will adapt. Vaccines will be deployed. We get invaluable help, which our ancestors never received, from science to endure this new threat from nature as we continue the activities necessary for human survival and advancement.

A rule of thumb for journalists: When you find yourself trying to peddle emotion, stop. When you catch yourself selecting facts and claims and metaphors for their sentimental wallop rather than intellectual merit, rethink. The public needs information and context, not help milking its tear ducts.

In reality Covid deaths going from 249,999 to 250,000 is a largely meaningless milestone and the hoariest kind of fake news. When deaths hit 200,000, listeners could already figure out how many more would make 250,000. Many also knew, unmentioned in NPR’s sermon which likened the daily death toll to several jumbo jet crashes, that most of these deaths are from Covid plus other conditions that afflict the old and chronically ill. Still, the 250,000 milestone was the most reported factoid everywhere on Thursday and Friday, so another hint for journalists: If you find yourself straining for ways to sensationalize a claim that listeners have already heard 50 times, maybe just drop it and move on.

In our interesting times, sadly, what is most noticeable is the shrill, hoarse wind of banality that blows from our multibillion-dollar media industry. A contrast last week was a concise insight from a hospital executive buried in a long New Yorker article: “The only way you can eradicate the virus with today’s tools is if you’re a totalitarian government or on an island.”

And I have my doubts about totalitarian governments. In Western Europe, where neither condition applies, deaths last week were running 75% higher than in the U.S. on a population-adjusted basis. New infections were also registering a sharp downturn as citizens responded to this feedback. As in the past, we’re likely to find individual choices to curb transmission preceded the partial lockdown measures now being implemented. Free societies do not have the advantage in every instance, but their strength is free flow of information and individual responsibility even when that information flows with less value-added from the media than it should.

Appeared in the November 21, 2020, print edition.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/media-b...ty-11605909942
Old 12-18-2020, 03:29 PM   #463
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
The fact is, 50 lawsuits were thrown out because they're baseless. There is no evidence. That's why they've been thrown out.
Really? Did you read all 50 opinions (assuming there actually were that many)? Did they all say - dismissed due to lack of evidence?

Lawsuits are denied for all kinds of different reasons. The one that was filed by Texas and joined by 17 other states was denied by SCOTUS last week due to lack of standing. Why don't you try looking these things up before you make such dumb sweeping generalizations?

There was clearly evidence of voter fraud in many states. Whether it was "widespread" or not depends on one's definition of widespread.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:08 PM   #464
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post

Shall we do the math? According to Dr. Fauci and other experts, an average vaccine takes 5 years to develop, test for safety/efficacy (Phases I, II, and III clinical trials), and receive final FDA approval for distribution to the public. Thanks to Warp Speed, trumpy did it in 10 months.

I think it's funny that you and the rest of the cult of ignorance thinks that the Orange Turd had anything to do with saving millions of lives. I also think it's funny when the members of the cult call more reasonable people deranged.

BTW, how do you save people from a hoax virus that was gonna go away after the election? Or that was gonna go away in a few weeks back in the spring? LOL
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #465
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
I think there will be big revelations on Friday. You heard it first here.
Well, that was a Y2K kind of moment. You were so sure you even posted about it twice.

Cult of Ignorance grasping at straws.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women