Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47675
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35579
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 03-20-2020, 06:31 AM   #391
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Oh how the lunatic Dems are now for closed borders. And I guess some moronic people have never heard of the "Spanish Flu." Thank God Trump is in the White House. That is all.
Trump denied the potential negative impact of the coronavirus in this country from January until early in March. That caused a delay of several weeks during which this country could have better prepared itself for the impending impact of the coronavirus.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ts-coronavirus

"In the course of a few weeks, President Donald Trump veered from confidently assuring Americans his administration had the coronavirus outbreak “very well under control” to declaring a national emergency and tweeting all-caps caution about the pandemic that has upended every facet of American life.

Trump meandered from denial to grudging acceptance, and he seeded conflicting, inaccurate and eyebrow-raising commentary on a country desperate for unvarnished, even shock-to-the-system, guidance.

Throughout the global coronavirus crisis, Trump’s statements have been colored by baseless optimism. Sometimes, his commentary has been flatly wrong. Frequently, it’s been amplified by aides and allies with the help of conservative media."

https://apnews.com/00d26ad5b6caa82716b52d01a0f8f8b7

FINALLY, in mid-March, probably knowing that a lack of action on his part could do irreperable harm to his reelection, Trump took actions that ANY person occupying the Oval Office in the White House would have done. Many cities and states had already imposed rules that Trump finally supported.

And how do the people in this country view Trump's response to the pandemic? Support for what he finally did but negative overall.

Analysis: Coronavirus erodes Trump's re-election prospects

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...195848748.html

Poll: Trump earns mixed grades on coronavirus response

Voters overwhelmingly support President Donald Trump’s declaration of a national emergency over the coronavirus outbreak — but are significantly less impressed by Trump’s overall handling of the crisis, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

Trump's approval rating dips amid coronavirus crisis

President Trump's approval rating has seen a 5 percentage point decline from its recent all-time high amid the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, a new Gallup poll has found.

Trump's favorite polling company, Rasmussen, which is pro-Republican, saw Trump's approval rating go from +5 to -7 in the space of about 1 week.

The coronavirus is an act of God, but it is an act that will, in all likelihood, end Trump's time in office come November if conditions do not drastically change.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:35 AM   #392
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Watch his pressers and briefings you absolute and total tool. He is handling it like a frick'n BOSS. Also, try to imagine Creepy Joe or Comrade Bernie in the hot seat. Then you can get right on back to licking Xipineg's nut sack.
I have been very impressed with Trump during his press conferences. He is FINALLY listening to those who are knowledgeable on the coronavirus instead of denying its probable negative impact on this country since January.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:15 AM   #393
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Half begun is only half done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I have been very impressed with Trump...

I see him as being an actual leader that is willing to pull in our best experts and driving them towards needs assessments and multi-faceted solutions. I am impressed on how wide a net he is casting across government entities, the business communities, governors, etc., etc. That's what I would expect from a CEO type.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:30 AM   #394
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I see him as being an actual leader that is willing to pull in our best experts and driving them towards needs assessments and multi-faceted solutions. I am impressed on how wide a net he is casting across government entities, the business communities, governors, etc., etc. That's what I would expect from a CEO type.
Unfortunately this is the FIRST time during his presidency that he has done so. Up until now he has been a maverick and rarely listened to the input from others on his staff before making decisions. Tariffs are a perfect example. And those on his staff that disagreed with him were fired.

Had Trump continued denying the probable negative impact of the coronavirus his reelection chances would have been nil. He woke up and listened.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #395
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Your parents aren't so proud of you - huh?

Quote:
... Tariffs are a perfect example. And those on his staff that disagreed with him were fired.
Try this at home: Tell your CEO that they are full of chite and you disagree thoroughly with their orders and/or go out in public (social media, etc) and lambast them about it and report back to us on your results. Don't worry, you'll after plenty of free time on your hands afterwards. As to tariffs - He was spot on!

Quote:
...Had Trump continued denying the probable negative impact of the coronavirus his reelection chances would have been nil. He woke up and listened.
So your theory seems to be that he doesn't give a rat's pah-toot about America and American citizens at all. Is that your theory? So if 1,000,000 Americans die, it is OK by him so long as he gets reelected. Does it ever bother you that you think that way?
Old 03-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #396
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

What he does care about is his over-sized ego and his political future. Don't be swayed too much by his actions now. He obviously fucked up on this thing from the start. He realized that between the devastation from the virus medically that is yet to come and the financial devastation that is already here his re-election prospects were done.
His approach has been 2-fold.
One has been a very transparent attempt to frame it as a "Chinese Virus". This makes it something that has been done to us by a foreign agent so to speak. Something he can blame. This somewhat absolves him of responsibility. An illegal immigrant virus.
The second has led to him for the first time,to listen some and accept some guidance from government experts,scientists,doctors,etc . Agencies and such that in a way largely constitute the dreaded "Deep State" that he and his acolytes disparage so often.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:14 AM   #397
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Try this at home: Tell your CEO that they are full of chite and you disagree thoroughly with their orders and/or go out in public (social media, etc) and lambast them about it and report back to us on your results. Don't worry, you'll after plenty of free time on your hands afterwards. As to tariffs - He was spot on!

So your theory seems to be that he doesn't give a rat's pah-toot about America and American citizens at all. Is that your theory? So if 1,000,000 Americans die, it is OK by him so long as he gets reelected. Does it ever bother you that you think that way?
There is a HUGE difference between disagreeing with someone and telling them they are "full of chite" in public. The majority of the people "fired" by Trump simply disagreed with him or his policies. Do you think several of Obama's inner circle did not disagree with him at times? The turnover in Trump's cabinet and advisors is unprecedented in the history of the POTUS. Now he has nothing but yes-men reporting to him.

You will find close to zero support for tariffs by anyone in the economic community. Trump keep lying to the American people when he says how much money the U.S. is making from the tariffs. The people of this country are the ones paying the tariffs when they buy the imported goods with tariffs on them.

With Trump, he comes first and everyone else is a distant second. He is a pompous narcissist who can't take it when polls are against him. Certainly he cares about lives lost but he was very late in recognizing, and admitting, that the coronavirus was in fact a health crisis. And yes, a lot of his actions are based on his drive to be reelected. Plain and simple.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #398
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Fake Pres Chump and his failure to listen to intel advice and ramp up our testing capability together with a medical plan and supply build-up in order to dampen the impact of covid19 is devastating.The effect on our economy and our medical care is going to be much deeper and longer.He should have and could have acted sooner."He didn't think the virus was here.Another Hunch I suppose".Unemployment is going up like a rocket.
If he would have initiated early,aggressive,widespread free testing we could have restricted the + cases according to those seriously ill,mildly ill,and those with no symptoms.This would have avoided the resultant Lockdown situations now.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #399
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Stop thinking about elephants only causes one to think about elephants

Quote:
Trump denied the potential negative impact of the coronavirus in this country from January until early in March. ...
Psychological linguists much? Here is a random observation regarding how to manage fear through simple language techniques from some random linguistics person's perspective:
some thoughts about 'Do not fear'.
The human brain cannot process negatives. So in order to work out what 'Do not fear' means, the brain has to first imagine fear, and then an absence of it. In other words, the statement 'Do not fear' creates fear.
It is better to turn the statement into a positive such as 'Have Courage' or 'Be Brave'.
Avoid spreading fear and focus on being positive. Us Americans are a resourceful and dynamic breed. We are at war and we will win. Period, end of story. Now, let's get to it.

Side note: Seriously?!? Copy-pasta from Aljazeera?!? That's a desperation move if ever I saw one. Have Courage and Be Brave - Comrade.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:34 AM   #400
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Draft Dodging Donnie !!
He heard something about a war and this morning he went to his Podiatrist to have his flat feet and heel spurs checked.
Is this war-time Pres the same guy who mocked Sen. McCain for serving in the military and being a POW for years.
Chump said he liked guys that didn't get captured.
One good way to not get captured is to Dodge your service and not go.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #401
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

I would like to know other's opinions ;
One thing I dislike and don't respect ;
People that " Blame " others,circumstances,etc. for their own shortcomings and failures. Did anybody force Chump to sit on his ass and do nothing except minimize things ? Did Xi do that ? Did Obama do that ? I mean this is a guy that obviously does not observe any separation of powers.If he had so wanted he could have taken money from somewhere and got some early testing going and some medical supplies.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:42 PM   #402
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Psychological linguists much? Here is a random observation regarding how to manage fear through simple language techniques from some random linguistics person's perspective:
some thoughts about 'Do not fear'.
The human brain cannot process negatives. So in order to work out what 'Do not fear' means, the brain has to first imagine fear, and then an absence of it. In other words, the statement 'Do not fear' creates fear.
It is better to turn the statement into a positive such as 'Have Courage' or 'Be Brave'.
Avoid spreading fear and focus on being positive. Us Americans are a resourceful and dynamic breed. We are at war and we will win. Period, end of story. Now, let's get to it.

Side note: Seriously?!? Copy-pasta from Aljazeera?!? That's a desperation move if ever I saw one. Have Courage and Be Brave - Comrade.
As I said before and you are obviously too obtuse to comprehend
-- Trump cast doubt on the seriousness of the coronavirus from January until about 2 weeks ago. I will be very happy to support my statement with as many sources as you like:

Trump made 33 false claims about the coronavirus crisis in the first two weeks of March

President Donald Trump began March with a barrage of false claims about the coronavirus pandemic -- understating the extent of the crisis, overstating the availability of tests, inaccurately blaming his predecessor and wrongly insisting that the crisis was unforeseen.

Trump made 50 false claims from March 2 through March 8, then 21 false claims from March 9 through March 15. Of those 71 false claims, 33 were related to the coronavirus. That is on top of some additional misleading claims from Trump about the coronavirus (we only count the false claims here), plus some false and misleading claims from members of his administration.

Trump is now averaging about 57 false claims per week since we started counting at CNN on July 8, 2019. From that date through March 15, he has made 2,062 false claims in all.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/polit...rch/index.html

A Complete List of Trump’s Attempts to Play Down Coronavirus

He could have taken action. He didn’t.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/o...ronavirus.html

Trump’s 7 worst statements on the coronavirus outbreak

The president has misled the public on the number of testing kits, the virus’s death rate, and a possible vaccine.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ts-coronavirus

Fact-Check: 5 Times President Trump's Statements On Coronavirus Were Off The Mark

President Trump has made a lot of promises about actions that his administration is taking to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Not all of them have been exactly on the mark — and some have yet to pay off as advertised.

https://laist.com/2020/03/22/trump-c...fact-check.php

So you think it's better to make "positive lies" than to tell the truth?
Old 03-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #403
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Try a different deck

Quote:
... I will be very happy to support my statement with as many sources as you like...
Do the math.

An unlimited number of left wing, whack-job, sources of fake news = no news at all.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:40 PM   #404
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default 74 things arm chair quarterbacks should know

Quote:
Trump denied the potential negative impact of the coronavirus in this country from January until early in March...
Instead of your ridiculous bullchite and arm chair quarter backing. Check with your pole dancer fact checkers about The Washington Examiner. They published a list of 74 things done so far:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...olster-economy

To avoid your typical Monday morning quarter backing, put forth your 74 point list starting for tomorrow. Buckle up buttercup, next few days are really gonna suck. Hope you got you crystal ball shined up.

Pro-tip: Trump could have declared martial law back in January, when he found out how egregiously China was lieing to the world, but is resisting, because he favors a market based solution (local, state, business, government partnerships etc) over a tyrannical government solution.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #405
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Do the math.

An unlimited number of left wing, whack-job, sources of fake news = no news at all.
Rather funny. All news sources that disagree with your POV are
"left wing, whack-job, sources of fake news". And then you have the balls to quote the Washington Examiner. lol.

"Overall, we rate the Washington Examiner Right Biased based on editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-examiner/
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women