Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162720
Yssup Rider60432
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48468
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41767
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36133
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2020, 10:49 AM   #16
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
To repeat -- in just 2 week the number of known cases in the U.S. went from 100 to 5,000. That's a 50x increase and EXPERTS on the subject expect a higher future increase if steps are not taken to slow down that increase. That is what is being done. The death rate from the flu is .01%. The death rate from the coronavirus is somewhere beween 1% and 2.5%.

The symptoms can be far worse than a dry cough and fever.

What are the symptoms this coronavirus causes?

The virus can cause pneumonia-like symptoms. Those who have fallen ill are reported to suffer coughs, fever and breathing difficulties. In severe cases there can be organ failure. As this is viral pneumonia, antibiotics are of no use. The antiviral drugs we have against flu will not work. Recovery depends on the strength of the immune system. Many of those who have died were already in poor health.

II have neither seen nor heard anything in the media that is promoting hysteria. The only hysteria I currently see is people running to the grocery stores and hoarding certain items.

I'm interested in knowing what information you and others see being spread that is promoting mass hysteria.
First of all you're just looking at numbers. In two weeks the number of cases jumped from 100 to 5000. Who are the individuals involved in those cases? To understand how a disease spreads we must look at the age groups, over all life style and their health in general prior to exposure. That's where some of the hysteria comes into play presenting numbers without any vital explanation how those numbers represent the overall population. People see a large jump in cases over a short period of time the average person will think it's inevitable that they're next.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #17
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
What are the symptoms this coronavirus causes?

The virus can cause pneumonia-like symptoms. Those who have fallen ill are reported to suffer coughs, fever and breathing difficulties. In severe cases there can be organ failure. As this is viral pneumonia, antibiotics are of no use. The antiviral drugs we have against flu will not work. Recovery depends on the strength of the immune system. Many of those who have died were already in poor health.

this is why a taiwanese doctor called it the Wuhan pneumonia coronavirius.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #18
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
First of all you're just looking at numbers. In two weeks the number of cases jumped from 100 to 5000. Who are the individuals involved in those cases? To understand how a disease spreads we must look at the age groups, over all life style and their health in general prior to exposure. That's where some of the hysteria comes into play presenting numbers without any vital explanation how those numbers represent the overall population. People see a large jump in cases over a short period of time the average person will think it's inevitable that they're next.
The cases have been well documented. Older people (over 60) and those with preexisting conditions that would make their immune systems more vulnerable, are the most susceptible to the coronavirus. But 3 or 4 members of the Brookly Nets basketball team, including Kevin Durant, tested positive with no symptoms shown. They, and all others who have the virus but show no symptoms, could unknowingly pass it on to others. The infection rate in the U.S. started scaling up just over 2 weeks ago. A lot is yet to be learned.

As I said, due to recent travel overseas, I am self-quarantining myself for 2 weeks. Safety first.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/03/...aphic-factors/
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:08 AM   #19
gnadfly
Account Disabled

You can answer these questions at your own volition:

You're over 70 right? You're in good shape also? Would you self quarantine if you were say 40 and in great shape? Are you really self quarantining or virtue signaling? I see these SQ people out buying stuff, posting shit on their IG account.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:24 PM   #20
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

ok, what's SQ?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:30 AM   #21
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
You can answer these questions at your own volition:

You're over 70 right? You're in good shape also? Would you self quarantine if you were say 40 and in great shape? Are you really self quarantining or virtue signaling? I see these SQ people out buying stuff, posting shit on their IG account.
I am over 70 and in good shape.

In all probability I would self-quarantine myself at any age. Got home on Monday and have been in the house since then except for visiting the post office to pick up mail, at which time I wore a mask. And I do get out bike-riding during which I don't get close to anyone.

Daughter-in-law has been food shopping for us. We have ordered food from a local supermarket but due to the order load, we won't get the order until next Monday.

Good news is I'm getting a lot of spring cleaning done inside and outside the house.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women