Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162682
Yssup Rider60417
gman4453229
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41747
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36089
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #31
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
If memory serves, I believe his views changed after 9/11.....
Seems like you are the only one with a memory.
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #32
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M. View Post
Seems like you are the only one with a memory.
That’s a scary thought Reese....Although I do miss his “Miller Time” segments on “The Factor” though.....
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #33
Italia DiBella
Sensual Artist 🦋

User ID: 14732
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Kobe was not liked on the court by a lot of players because of his tenacity and win at all costs attitude. Win at all costs meant ball hogging and antagonizing and shaming some great players like D12, Shaq and even accusing Karl Malone of trying to seduce his wife.
He could be extremely abrasive and even abusive especially to newer players. A particular incident was when he singled out, verbally abused and humiliated Jeremy Lin during one of his famous practice "hissy fits".

...But he ran the Lakers and Jerry West let him make personnel decision because he was that good.

Off the court Kobe settled for 2.5 million dollars and offered a half ass apology in order to get the girl to not testify. He basically said he could see how she might have seen the encounter differently than he did.

In 2011 he was fined $100k for using an anti gay slur against a referee. He apologized, saying that it came out in frustration in the heat of doing his job(I'm paraphrasing). He was pretty much forgiven.
In 2013 he sued his parents for trying to clean some of his crap out of their garage. I'm sure there is more to that story than we'll ever know but still. Making them issue a public apology? Come on...
He had some good qualities also.

By all accounts we was a good father and was involved in his kids basketball teams but I wonder how he was with those kids when practice or game time came.

KVBFF was maybe his most lasting legacy along with some other charitable work and being an ambassador for Make a Wish for instance.
He was neither all good nor all bad. He was just another guy who happened to be great as basketball.

A few weeks ago Don Imus died and a member here wished him an eternity in Hell. Where was your outrage then? I don't recall seeing any of the three of you denouncing that post.
Were Imus and Kobe so different?

Imus was a shock jock, It was his job to push the boundaries on the Radio.
He made a lot of Racist, Sexist and Homophobic comments the most famous of which was about the Rutgers Women's basketball team. For which he publicly apologized. Many of his remarks he saw as a parody of the lyrics used by rappers and a way to point out the hypocrisy. Still he apologized publicly and privately to Rutgers but it wasn't enough. He lost his job, millions of $$$$ and was even shamed by POTUS. Basically his apology was not accepted.

Did his on air persona reflect his private beliefs? Probably no more than Howard Stern, Bill Maher, Steven Colbert or Dennis Miller. They're all entertainers, just like Kobe, they all pander to their audiences and it's all about the money. Imus saw his irreverence as satire. Others saw it simply as him being a bad person.

Off the air.
Imus was a Marine and a recovering drug addict and alcoholic. His early life was not privileged.
Imus raised millions for Disabled vets and kids with illnesses including a Dude Ranch of sorts which gave the kids an escape and a sense of accomplishment.

From the New York Times:
On March 29, 2018, “Imus in the Morning” ended its long run in an agreement between the host and his syndicator, Cumulus Media. In his closing remarks, Mr. Imus tearfully expressed regret for his racist statements in 2007, offered appreciations for his colleagues and thanked listeners for tuning in and for their contributions to the charitable causes he had promoted over the years.

Imus was neither all good nor all bad. He was a regular guy who was great at using radio to stir controversy and emotions while bringing social issues to the masses. Much of what he said was abrasive but in the end it brought attention to what he was saying and that might have been a good thing.

lol
Go to your safe place,
Dear
I do not have "outrageous" moments.
You may have me confused with someone else.

Yes, I do share my thoughts for this IS coed.
I'm not one to have cyberbullying type fights.

Sorry you feel the need to address me this way.
To my knowledge, we've never met.
Why the "cattiness" towards me.

I wish you well
Have a happy Thursday and rest of the week.
Italia DiBella is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #34
PhantomofTheOpera
Valued Poster

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Actually, Italia, when I first read this thread, I did not take BM’s reply to be necessarily directed at you individually, but your post was part of a group to which he was responding. There is a big difference in that distinction as there is no cyberbullying going on as you seemed to think in your reply, but there is a difference of opinions in this thread. Also, I do not know what you meant about outrageous moments as the only time I see the word outrageous is in your post. I did read BM's post about where was your, i.e. you individually, outrage at the comment regarding Don Imus and that schmuck who wished him to rot in hell in a different thread.

Are you well because it appears to me you are the one that is confused since in your post you wrote the forum is CoEd when, in fact, it is The Sandbox, and have ascribed an off-tangent idea to what appeared to be a good discussion? It appears to me you have mistakenly taken a valid reply as something other than how it was intended… but that is my impartial opinion.
PhantomofTheOpera is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #35
Italia DiBella
Sensual Artist 🦋

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

^^^^Actually,
why are you making this out to be more than my words intended?

Actually, he did quote me in comment#12.
What I quoted was #12 and the rest didn't show.

Yes, I'm well thanks for asking.

Just because I get sandbox and official coed mixed up doesn't mean I'm confused.
How shady lol
Meoowwww

I meant coed as anyone can comment.

Stop trying to pick my comment apart, I meant no harm towards BM either, I was more taken back at how he figured I had an "Outrage" just for posting the two words "very rude"

It's not my job to post R.I.P. on folks I never heard of or didn't see due to hardly logging on this site.

One more thing, since you decided to play his wing man.

Regarding your last few PMessages to me

Hugs to you and BM
No harm, no faul

Excuse me for commenting on an open discussion in the "Sandbox"

PS
have we met?
If so, under what name/handle?
Old 02-06-2020, 03:39 PM   #36
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
That’s a scary thought Reese....Although I do miss his “Miller Time” segments on “The Factor” though.....
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #37
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Epic clip Reese....you gotta love the Pelosi comment....he had quite a few....

Back on topic....sorry ker, not trying to derail your thread....Kobe was no doubt an exceptional athlete. Did he have some personal issues and character flaws? Of course he did...We all do....I’m just glad mine didn’t make national news and tabloid headlines. What sucks the most is his kid was with him...gotta be tough on the whole family....
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #38
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italia DiBella View Post
^^^^Actually,
why are you making this out to be more than my words intended?

Actually, he did quote me in comment#12.
What I quoted was #12 and the rest didn't show.

Yes, I'm well thanks for asking.

Just because I get sandbox and official coed mixed up doesn't mean I'm confused.
How shady lol
Meoowwww

I meant coed as anyone can comment.

Stop trying to pick my comment apart, I meant no harm towards BM either, I was more taken back at how he figured I had an "Outrage" just for posting the two words "very rude"

It's not my job to post R.I.P. on folks I never heard of or didn't see due to hardly logging on this site.

One more thing, since you decided to play his wing man.

Regarding your last few PMessages to me

Hugs to you and BM
No harm, no faul

Excuse me for commenting on an open discussion in the "Sandbox"

PS
have we met?
If so, under what name/handle?

I have only one handle across platforms with a distinct but similar enough difference on OH2 but no, We have never met. I didn't realize we had to meet in order to respond to each other's posts...Oh, wait...
The comment was not intended as an attack on you individually, my dear, you just happened to be one who commented here and didn't there so I used your post along with two others as an example. Kerwil, whom I have never met took no offense to it and posted a denunciation of the other thread's contents.

Up to this point I have always viewed you and Kerwil in a similar light. Good stewards of this community.
I hope you will take my words in the spirit they were intended and not read too much into them as you have suggested to Phantom.

I guess you can see it however you'd like, that's your prerogative.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:08 PM   #39
Italia DiBella
Sensual Artist 🦋

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Smile

^^^
Yes Sir
Thank you for responding

Sorry if I caused my wording to seem feisty or mean spirited.
Totally not my intentions ever in my posting style.
I apologize

"When I said go to a safe place"
That was my attempt to hope you read in a positive light

The cyberbullying comment I made...
I was also letting you know I was not coming at you to have a cat fight.
(I should have just said I come in peace)

Yes Dear you or anyone can comment to me even though we have not met.

I'm private yet like communicating with all members.

I asked if we've met...
I asked thinking you were someone from back in the day that I knew.

Well hope all's well and may we all have wonderful exciting shenanigans this weekend & in the future.

Hugs
&
Happy Friday to all
Old 02-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #40
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italia DiBella View Post
^^^
Yes Sir
Thank you for responding

Sorry if I caused my wording to seem feisty or mean spirited.
Totally not my intentions ever in my posting style.
I apologize

"When I said go to a safe place"
That was my attempt to hope you read in a positive light

The cyberbullying comment I made...
I was also letting you know I was not coming at you to have a cat fight.
(I should have just said I come in peace)

Yes Dear you or anyone can comment to me even though we have not met.

I'm private yet like communicating with all members.

I asked if we've met...
I asked thinking you were someone from back in the day that I knew.

Well hope all's well and may we all have wonderful exciting shenanigans this weekend & in the future.

Hugs
&
Happy Friday to all

Thanks for clearing that up sweetheart. That response was as classy as every other response I've ever seen you post.
Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting you at any point in my hobbying career.

I sure wish I had!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:18 PM   #41
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 61

Seriously, how long does it take to put a body in the ground? The public memorial is on the 24th? I get the symbolism. 2.24 Kobe & his daughter's jersey #s. I hope the private eulogy is sooner. It just seems to be strung out for too long
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:41 PM   #42
Italia DiBella
Sensual Artist 🦋

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Thanks for clearing that up sweetheart. That response was as classy as every other response I've ever seen you post.
Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting you at any point in my hobbying career.

I sure wish I had!

And a royal curtsy lunge to you, my lord

(lol,I know that was goofy but I just finished watching the series The Tudors on Netflix )

May our stars align in the near future.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women