Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453055
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47804
pyramider46370
bambino40462
CryptKicker37109
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-05-2018, 07:29 AM   #31
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

However, it takes a fair modicum of skill, wouldn't you agree?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #32
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
However, it takes a fair modicum of skill, wouldn't you agree?
... says the guy who invented the word "slunt".
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #33
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
You might want to take that up with people out in the world who identify as Republicans. They long ago accepted the “deplorable” moniker as their own, they took pride in it, and rallied around it as a source of camaraderie. It was a brilliant piece of appropriation to do so during the campaign, but It’s too late to call it an insult now. You can’t have it both ways.
First, your sweeping generalization is just plain wrong. Millions of people who identify as Republicans, and millions who don't, were offended by hidebeest's insulting reference. The fact that some also turned it into a joke and a source of pride to have been scorned by that insufferably elitist bitch doesn't mean it wasn't an insult or they didn't regard it as such.

Secondly, you are telling us the guidelines are not objective rules that can be readily understood by anyone. What constitutes an insult worthy of being deemed an infraction hinges on how the target of the insult reacts. Sorry, but that doesn't enhance anyone's understanding of the rules. It just encourages the victim-signalling drama queens in this forum to perfect their phony LeBron James flopping acts until posters they dislike foul out. Wear out that rtm button, floppers!

There is no consistency in a subjective standard like the one you just described. You imply it's up to the individual poster to tell you if something is offensive. Yet when Ellen tells you she is offended by attacks on "Trump supporters" that everyone knows are thinly veiled attacks on her, you call it "a personal issue" and advise her to buck up and "work through it".

This whole conversation should probably be moved to its own thread. I have more to say later.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #34
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
it would have been a better idea to create another political forum for tamer discourse. this forum could be named "wild wild west politics" and the other new forum "civil politics".

just sayin....

But can we really HAVE civil political discussions these days?
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #35
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
Yes. And we definitely need to have many.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #36
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Millions of people who identify as Republicans, and millions who don't, were offended by hidebeest's insulting reference.
Emphasized for you...again, you don’t get to have to both ways...but I’ll throw you a bone.

You, and you alone are going to be allowed an opinion that may shape this forum going forward. Do you personally want Staff to issue infractions for Insulting Remarks any time someone is called a “deplorable”, from this moment on?

Think carefully...I await your answer.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #37
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Emphasized for you...again, you don’t get to have to both ways...but I’ll throw you a bone.

You, and you alone are going to be allowed an opinion that may shape this forum going forward. Do you personally want Staff to issue infractions for Insulting Remarks any time someone is called a “deplorable”, from this moment on?

I'm good with "deplorable" hell its like a badge of honor
You can throw Redneck Hillbilly in there if you want just allow us to return the favor! You know giving someone a infraction for saying someone isn't very smart is pretty lame
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #38
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
... Do you personally want Staff to issue infractions for Insulting Remarks any time someone is called a “deplorable”, from this moment on?

Should one struggling to conform to "the rules" assume by "someone" you mean a specific member posting in the forum?

That would seem, at least, consistent with a prior "ruling" or "advisory opinion" you gave about derogatory ("insulting") remarks directed generally vs. specifically.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #39
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Somebody can call me a Deplorable all they want. It's a monikor of honor. They can even call me a old white honky. That's what I am, Heck, since I am 2d generation German American, they can call me a square head.

The one thing I won't stand for is "redneck". I don't qualify.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #40
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:

I don't need to think about it, you already know my answer. I don't want you to issue any infractions for using the word "deplorable", even if it's applied to me as a direct epithet. And because, like you, I don't believe anyone should get to have it both ways, I don't want you issuing points for using terms such as "libtard" or "dim-retard" either. People should buck up and learn to laugh at that stuff. Seems like deplorables do that a helluva lot better than libtards do. Sticks and stones and all that... water off a duck's back... little kids know how to deal with insults nowadays a lot better than the flaky adults who obsess over every perceived politically incorrect online slight.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:11 PM   #41
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Fine. I will disregard your previous statements, and continue with my original enforcement, for my original reasons...thanks for your input.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #42
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Fine. I will disregard your previous statements, and continue with my original enforcement, for my original reasons...thanks for your input.
You make my point. Right now everything is pushing you in one direction - issue more infractions. You invited me to push you further in that direction. Ain't gonna happen. The overt insults are gone. Take a bow for that. The remaining claims of personal attacks are mostly bogus. So where does the pendulum stop? You need pushback in the other direction.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:03 PM   #43
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Yes. And we definitely need to have many.

apparently yes, if they want to go there. there are some who feel that is boring and not fun.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:38 PM   #44
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You need pushback in the other direction.
As always, members are free to post however they want to...right up until they can’t. The board welcomes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
apparently yes, if they want to go there. there are some who feel that is boring and not fun.
Of course “fun” is a relative term...that’s what makes the Interwebs what it is. For those members who are no longer having fun here, there’s always 4chan/b/...if you think you can handle it...

Here endeth the lesson...thanks for the discourse...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women