Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161126
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40460
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-29-2016, 05:08 AM   #16
RocketSurgeon

Encounters: 55
My ECCIE Reviews

If you still need help, PM me.
RocketSurgeon is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #17
nver2old56
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Barrett View Post
She failed to mention that she just blew a head gasket resulting in a valve job, complaining that they did an oil chance without authorization, So either she pissed them off and they put worn plugs back in it or they were like new. Kinda like the head bolts they didn't replace.

As someone who taught drivability you guys are speaking "alien" to her. The complete loss of power and correcting it's self by doing a wiggle test means that the wiring
harness may have been damaged or has a loose connection due to breakage when serviced.
The 2 things that can cause this is the wiring controlling the coil packs either loose or damaged when they did the valve job or the fly by wire throttle body (TBA) actuator was left loose or it has bit the dust (see pic) as GM has had lots of issues with these and most shops replace the TB to cure it.
Codes for misfire or TBA would be helpful. Wouldn't be the first time a shop fixed something and either broke something or left it loose.
Get all codes in system written down, verify that the wiring and connectors look good(unplug and reconnect), CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY WITH PROPER CLEANER AND TOWEL, clear the codes, and take it for a ride.
there are 2 actuators one on gas petal and one on TBA. TBA unit is about $250 for GM part, $175 for aftermarket or Amazon has a deal, http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-217-31.../dp/B001C6JUE8

+1
nver2old56 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #18
Wyopoke
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Sorry fellas I meant to say probably "not" plugs. Dang autocorrect...
Wyopoke is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:30 AM   #19
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Barrett View Post
She failed to mention that she just blew a head gasket resulting in a valve job, complaining that they did an oil chance without authorization, So either she pissed them off and they put worn plugs back in it or they were like new. Kinda like the head bolts they didn't replace.

As someone who taught drivability you guys are speaking "alien" to her. The complete loss of power and correcting it's self by doing a wiggle test means that the wiring harness may have been damaged or has a loose connection due to breakage when serviced.
The 2 things that can cause this is the wiring controlling the coil packs either loose or damaged when they did the valve job or the fly by wire throttle body (TBA) actuator was left loose or it has bit the dust (see pic) as GM has had lots of issues with these and most shops replace the TB to cure it.
Codes for misfire or TBA would be helpful. Wouldn't be the first time a shop fixed something and either broke something or left it loose.
Get all codes in system written down, verify that the wiring and connectors look good(unplug and reconnect), CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY WITH PROPER CLEANER AND TOWEL, clear the codes, and take it for a ride.
there are 2 actuators one on gas petal and one on TBA. TBA unit is about $250 for GM part, $175 for aftermarket or Amazon has a deal, http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-217-31.../dp/B001C6JUE8

+1

Also of note if under your drivers seat has ever had water there -as in left the window down and it rained etc etc there are connections that are sometimes the cause of what you say your vehicle seemed to be doing .

But i agree 100 % with the Gent above about sticky and gummed up .

How many miles are on it ?

If you sweet talk your GM service manager i have heard of these being taken care of!

My 2011 tahoe in 2014 had 44,000 on it and did same thing.

I searched and searched till i found a women service manager at a gm dealership and i took her to lunch and hubba hubba truck was out of warranty at 36000.

I lied about the last part and the warranty is 56 000 on that part i do believe .

But listen to the guy i quoted he obviously knows his shit cuz thats exactly what it will be .

One thing for sure to never use is On Star and there BS diagnostic reports .

In Gm cars since 1997

Just think they should of called your cell the minute it happened and told you the codes exactly and already had a tow hook on the way !!!
normalguy21 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:40 PM   #20
Cooper Barrett
Valued Poster

That is the 4WD control module on the SUV but I don't think she has 4WD, the Astro's and S10's had security Modules under drivers seat and when wet would take out a battery in nothing flat in the form of a electrical draw.

P. S. Thank you for the complement from one gearhead to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickahhughs View Post
+1

Also of note if under your drivers seat has ever had water there -as in left the window down and it rained etc etc there are connections that are sometimes the cause of what you say your vehicle seemed to be doing .

But i agree 100 % with the Gent above about sticky and gummed up .

How many miles are on it ?

If you sweet talk your GM service manager i have heard of these being taken care of!

My 2011 tahoe in 2014 had 44,000 on it and did same thing.

I searched and searched till i found a women service manager at a gm dealership and i took her to lunch and hubba hubba truck was out of warranty at 36000.

I lied about the last part and the warranty is 56 000 on that part i do believe .

But listen to the guy i quoted he obviously knows his shit cuz thats exactly what it will be .

One thing for sure to never use is On Star and there BS diagnostic reports .

In Gm cars since 1997

Just think they should of called your cell the minute it happened and told you the codes exactly and already had a tow hook on the way !!!
Cooper Barrett is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women