Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161081
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453048
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47789
pyramider46370
bambino40452
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Sickpuppy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35
Default What the hell is wrong with “Mexican”?

I don’t get it; the citizens of most countries are proud of their heritage and just add letters to their country’s name to denote their country of origin. For example: Canadian, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Norwegian, Cuban, Guatemalan, Nicaraguan, Ecuadorian, Brazilian and Argentinean, etc. Even US born citizens adopt the state name, such as Texan, Californian, New Yorker, Floridian, etc. But people born in Mexico have made it politically incorrect to refer to them as Mexicans. Instead, why must we use Hispanic or Latino so they’re not identified with any particular country? Some Mexicans might call themselves Mexican-Americans, but I’ve seldom heard them use the term Hispanic-American or Latino-American. So, if you were born in Mexico what the hell is wrong with calling yourself a Mexican and being proud of your heritage? Or is it just that the rest of us are not allowed to refer to you as a Mexican because it might imply something else?
Sickpuppy is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
TravelingGentleman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

There are Mexicans. The phrase Latino is there for your convenience.

Latin America comprises Mexico and points south. Both Mexicans and Brazilians, and Argentinians, and Peruvians speak Spanish....or Portugese (before the haters step in). You don't want to call a Brazilian a Mexican. Just like YOU as an American wouldn't want to be called a Canadian because you're from North America.

Given that you're specifically from Texas...you probably wouldn't even appreciate being called a Californian. Or a Yankee.

Get it?
TravelingGentleman is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
yerassman2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 50

Well I am bored and going through the posts in the sandbox. 40 years ago in a suburb of Houston, I called a guy a Mexican in a bar and the fight was on. I managed to fend him off but he was irate that I called him what he is???
yerassman2 is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
xJTxSOA
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

Mexican is correct. Idk why anyone would get offended. I'm not Latino cause Latin America is all of South America and I'm not Hispanic cause my family isn't from Spain. I'm Mexican. I have a badass ass shirt with Zapata in the front and a long ass paragraph in the back explaining the differences of the people.
xJTxSOA is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #5
darkmoonmaster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Mexican is a nationality not an ethnicity nor a race. The correct term is latino or hispanic.

This is like calling blacks Nigerians when they don't have that nationality.

And yes, black is a race but not Nigerians. etccc.
darkmoonmaster is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #6
jwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

I know Mexicans and their good with being called Mexican.
jwood is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #7
darkmoonmaster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Yes but is not correct at least they hold a Mexican nationality like living in mexico. No all the hispanics are Mexicans they are 21 countries that speak Spanish. So yes, you might end in a bar fight for sterotyping latinos as Mexicans.
darkmoonmaster is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #8
jwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

The OP said people from Mexico, not from the other 20 countries that speak Spainish. People from Mexico are Mexicans.
jwood is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #9
xJTxSOA
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

I hate being called Latino or Hispanic.
xJTxSOA is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #10
sexy.princess
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 242539
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I actually prefer to be called Latina. My culture is from central america, and I was born here in Houston. I do get pissed off if someone calls me Mexican because I'm not. If someone sees I'm Spanish speaking, I appreciate when referred to as latina. It's not like they can pin point what country my culture is from by just looking at me.

It's the same with Asians. Many people refer to them as Chinese when it is not appropriate. People of that whole continent have similar characteristics, but are not all Chinese.

I think general areas are better than naming by specific countries, unless you know the person is from there or has roots there.
sexy.princess is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:19 PM   #11
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

I'm Mexican, but I don't speak Spanish. Neither did my Mayan ancestors. Just don't call this second 3rd generation Texan a wetback like one fellow did. I put him in his place faster than he could say tortilla.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #12
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

They all think their ancestors came from Spain .
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #13
babysatin
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 230966
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm from Albuquerque New Mexico (which is a state in the USA. Lol you would be surprised at the amount of people that don't know the difference) there when someone says they are Hispanic it means they were born in the usa but their parents or grandparents were not. So a Hispanic person could have, Mexican, Guatemalan, or Colombian parents or grandparents. Latino or Latina is a word for the race of people or people descended from "Latin American countries". So at least where I'm from people that were actually born IN Mexico have no problem being called Mexicans in fact they are proud of it. A Hispanic person may take offense at being called a Mexican because they are American. My mother was born in Mexico lol she thinks she as Mexican is superior to the Hispanic people because she is from the "old" country. Of course that's just my take and I really think most everybody is to hung up on race in general.
babysatin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women