Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 03-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #136
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 284979

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Will the costs shrink to the point Obama promised? Will families save $2,500 per year? A bad plan is a bad plan, even if it gets cheaper.
Too bad the GOP would not let Obama pass a national health care plan for all, like they do in France! In other words, health care should be a right, not a privilege.
SeekingTruth is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #137
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingTruth View Post
Too bad the GOP would not let Obama pass a national health care plan for all, like they do in France! In other words, health care should be a right, not a privilege.
It should be a right. Owning a gun is a fucking right, but not insurance. It boggles the mind.
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:27 PM   #138
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction View Post
It should be a right. Owning a gun is a fucking right, but not insurance. It boggles the mind.
You think the government should provide everyone with a gun, like they should provide health care to everyone? Interesting.

I personally believe that there are more market oriented approaches that would make health care more accessible to everyone. But that would probably require the big insurance companies to compete and innovate. With Obamacare, it's more like a take it or leave product, and the insurance companies it on their ass and collect the money. Was this because the Republicans thwarted single payer? Hell no. This was run by the insurance companies. Each party played their role. This was NEVER about health care! This was ALWAYS and ONLY about control.

I know a market based approached would be very difficult, and one area where I depart from my Libertarian brethren and sisteren is on this. I'd support a single payer system if, and only if, no government bean counters have any say in health care decisions. Health care decisions, even end of life decisions, would have to based on the patient's wishes after consultation with their health care professionals. If government is going to have a say, count me out.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:52 AM   #139
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I personally believe that there are more market oriented approaches that would make health care more accessible to everyone. But that would probably require the big insurance companies to compete and innovate.
Before Obaminable was elected to office in Illinois, the Insurance Commission in Texas had available listings of health insurance carriers and their "approved' plans for Texas Residents offering a multitude of varying coverages, deductibles, copays, and premiums, which included group coverages that were available to organizations as well as employers. The insurance was affordable. In addition Texas made available coverage for children and adults in families with limited income, if any.

All this horseshit about one's inability to get health care coverage is just that horseshit. What it is really about is people want free health care so they can piss their money off on other shit .... that is more "fun"! Some of it is unmentionable on this site. I've listened to them and seen their "expenditures"! "He" has a $50,000 truck with payments and "she" drives a $40,000 car with payments (both with mandatory auto insurance), but no health insurance for them or the kids ... while struggling to pay a $2,500-$3,000 house payment with the associated utilities for a large house..... and the kids are in private schools. It's all about priorities.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:03 AM   #140
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

All this horseshit about one's inability to get health care coverage is just that horseshit. What it is really about is people want free health care so they can piss their money off on other shit .... that is more "fun"! Some of it is unmentionable on this site. I've listened to them and seen their "expenditures"! "He" has a $50,000 truck with payments and "she" drives a $40,000 car with payments (both with mandatory auto insurance), but no health insurance for them or the kids ... while struggling to pay a $2,500-$3,000 house payment with the associated utilities for a large house..... and the kids are in private schools. It's all about priorities.
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY:

All Idiotville Nursing Home Staff should report to the Patriarchal Suite immediately.

LLIdiot is refusing to take his Meds again this morning!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:45 AM   #141
gnadfly
Account Disabled

With WTF banned it's good to see BigKotex and the rest of the Austin Reacharound Crew picking up the mantle of moronic buffoonery. Great job BigKotex!
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:56 AM   #142
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingTruth View Post
The Dems had a supermajority and could have passed anything they wanted. Please stop with the idiocy.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #143
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
[B]..BigKotex and the rest of the Austin Reacharound Crew picking up the mantle of moronic buffoonery. Great job BigKotex!
Aren't they entertaining? Like most of Austin. All bloat and hot air.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #144
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
Before Obaminable was elected to office in Illinois, the Insurance Commission in Texas had available listings of health insurance carriers and their "approved' plans for Texas Residents offering a multitude of varying coverages, deductibles, copays, and premiums, which included group coverages that were available to organizations as well as employers. The insurance was affordable. In addition Texas made available coverage for children and adults in families with limited income, if any.

120 million people have pre-existing conditions. Those people now have access to health care.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #145
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction View Post
120 million people have pre-existing conditions. Those people now have access to health care.
They did before. They just had to pay for it, or their parents had to pay for it.

How come the number of involuntarily "uninsured" was touted to be around 20 million, ..

... but there are 120 million with "pre-existing conditions" ...

Sounds like 100 million had insurance coverage with pre-existing conditions.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #146
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I've had pre-existing conditions since I was a kid. I have always had health insurance.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #147
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:

It was so everyone would have insurance and the ones you listed could not go to the ER or Hospital and get free treatment that the rest of us insured paid higher premiums to cover them.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #148
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
They did before. They just had to pay for it, or their parents had to pay for it.

How come the number of involuntarily "uninsured" was touted to be around 20 million, ..

... but there are 120 million with "pre-existing conditions" ...

Sounds like 100 million had insurance coverage with pre-existing conditions.
Incorrect. The costs were exorbitant, not to mention they limited coverage. 42 million people did not have insurance in 2013, according to the census. You're assuming those who are uninsured are also part of the ones with pre-existing conditions, when that isn't necessarily the case. Pre-existing condition is a term to describe an illness. Of course if you developed the problem while you HAD insurance, they would pay, as the following states, but otherwise, you were screwed.

Hopefully this explains it:

"When Obama said as many as half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition, he was describing the number of people who have heart disease, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, mental illness or any of a number of other maladies. It was a statement about the prevalence of those illnesses across the population.

If you already have insurance and develop one of these problems, generally, your insurance company will pay for treatment.

But if you show up in the individual insurance market wanting to buy coverage, and you already have one of these diseases, generally speaking, you would be out of luck. In the view of the insurance company, you would have a pre-existing condition and they would not pay to treat it. Or they might charge you a much higher premium."
Old 03-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #149
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I've had pre-existing conditions since I was a kid. I have always had health insurance.
Me too, or I was "self-insured," which was the same as.

When they started out this "grand experiment" it was touted to make sure the estimated 50 million "uninsured" could get "insurance," and that number was whittled down after some reality check to around 15 million actually, once the illegal aliens and those who didn't want coverage were extracted from the over-inflated numbers. That was the PURPOSE of the ACA, and that's how it was sold.

Now all of a sudden people want to morph it into a National Health Cover Plan.

"Incorrect" ... No. Not at all. The answer was, and is. Get a job. Take advantage of the GROUP COVERAGE that COVERS PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS, keep the job, pay the premiums, and ENJOY THE COVERAGE.

iF one lost their GROUP COVERAGE because of the ACA and the employer's not wanting to suffer the increasing premiums to cover the freeloaders, then send a postcard to the White House. Don't hold you breath for a reply....on the other hand .... that might reduce the burden on everyone else. "One less egg to fry." But the SCOTUS might save your ass and shit can the whole deal.

For all of you with short-term, discretionary memory loss, here's the quote:

"The Affordable Care Act marks a crucial turning point for our health care system and will help make affordable, high-quality care accessible to millions of Americans. Under the Affordable Care Act, millions of Americans will be able to purchase better coverage in the new competitive private health insurance exchanges where individuals and small businesses will be able to choose coverage from a range of insurance options – the same options members of Congress will have. The law also helps cover millions of Americans who have been priced out of the market. Taken together, the provisions in the law will expand coverage to 32 million Americans."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010...ca-s-uninsured

120 million? YOUR MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE DOESN'T LIE THAT MUCH.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:52 PM   #150
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Aren't they entertaining? Like most of Austin. All bloat and hot air.
LLIdiot is still acknowledging my posts, even though he has previously claimed I am not "worth the time."

He has become the Master of "Double-Speak."
Guest040616 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women