Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47751
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #406
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
+1

Absolutely! In fact, any gun owner who does not secure their gun securely should be held accountable for any crime committed with that gun, regardless of whether it is lent, lost or stolen.

If you own a gun, secure the goddam thing so children, crazies and criminals don't get their hands on it. You have the right to bear arms. You don't have the right to be careless.
The problem is in your own words. A gun has to "secure" their weapons (lets not leave out knives, bows, slingshots) or be held accountable. What is your definition of "secure"? I expect mine is different. To me to secure my weapons would be to teach the young people in my family to respect and understand weapons. They are not toys and what you see in a video game is just make believe. I could leave a loaded pistol hanging on the front door at all times and I KNOW that it won't be used for a crime, a drive by shooting, or some stupid act. I could lock my weapons in a gun safe making it very difficult to deploy in the case of emergency and easy from someone to take the entire safe when I'm away for a long period of time.

Where does it say that you don't have a right to be careless (that is what you said right?). Think about free speech or religion. Don't you think some people are very careless with those rights (think Michael Moore or Fred Phelps)? People get hurt because of that but I don't hear you complaining about a more common crime (according to you it would be a crime right?).
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #407
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

As for the other posting, some people in this world have decided that their children are more important that some political cause. They put people with guns around their children to protect them against other people with guns. Isreal comes to mind and so does Rosie O'Donnell.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #408
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default That has got to be one fucked up Hat rack you got going on there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
As for the other posting, some people in this world have decided that their children are more important that some political cause. They put people with guns around their children to protect them against other people with guns. Isreal comes to mind and so does Rosie O'Donnell.
God Damn JD...Israel and Rosie O'Donnell come to your mind when discussing protecting children!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #409
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

It is now July 2nd. The 2015 cars are beginning to show up in ads.

I think it's almost time to award the 2015 Dipshit of the Year award.

The past two posts by JDIdiot pretty much lock it up for him. (Of course he won't remember this tomorrow when he wakes up with that badass hangover.)
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #410
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
The problem is in your own words. A gun has to "secure" their weapons (lets not leave out knives, bows, slingshots) or be held accountable. What is your definition of "secure"? I expect mine is different. To me to secure my weapons would be to teach the young people in my family to respect and understand weapons. They are not toys and what you see in a video game is just make believe. I could leave a loaded pistol hanging on the front door at all times and I KNOW that it won't be used for a crime, a drive by shooting, or some stupid act. I could lock my weapons in a gun safe making it very difficult to deploy in the case of emergency and easy from someone to take the entire safe when I'm away for a long period of time.

Where does it say that you don't have a right to be careless (that is what you said right?). Think about free speech or religion. Don't you think some people are very careless with those rights (think Michael Moore or Fred Phelps)? People get hurt because of that but I don't hear you complaining about a more common crime (according to you it would be a crime right?).
First, to compare a handgun to a bow and arrow, a knife, and a slingshot borders on the absurd. To most children a gun is mystical. The other weapons are not. A gun is very easy to shoot and kill by accident. The others are not. Accidents happen. In 2010, 62 children age 1-14 were shot and killed by accident. 72 between the ages of 15-19. If you or anyone else wants to believe that your children won't be in those statistics, feel free to do so.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/FI...EATH_RATES.pdf

My son-in-law has several hunting rifles and a handgun. The rifles are stored in a very secure safe. The handgun sits outside in his truck. Smart man IMHO.

Question for you. I have lived in the Austin, Tx. area for 22 years. I read the newspaper on a daily basis and watch the local news every night. I have NEVER read or heard of a random home invasion here where the homeowner(s) were killed. Something like that makes the news. I have read of drug-related home invasions -- not random. I've also read of other non-random home invasions, meaning the criminals knew the homeowners. So the question is, how many home invasions have you had in the area in which you live?

BTW, your last paragraph also borders on the absurd. Comparing handgun carelessness to being careless with freedom of speech or religion? Come on.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #411
Yssup Rider
BANNED

speedy, you can pretty much be assured that everything JDIdiot posts is on the wrong side of the border of absurd.

I am pretty sure he's a day drinker.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #412
Guest042416
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCap View Post
Cut the police force, and stop relying on civil servants to enforce decency (which would include not killing). It is the responsibility of the community as a whole.

I do not think it is possible, but to address this problem I would look more into how the mass media, madison avenue and wall street create a culture of greed and envy and force feed it to us through our TVs, computers and phones. We greedily suck that poison tit, don't get me wrong, but I believe the source of the problem is there, and not in some gun law.

Video games. I'm not sure all these kids really understand there's no game tomorrow, how long life is.

For my part, the more armed guards I see the angrier I will be.

Other solutions would include a devastating plague, a massive volcanic event or earthquake, or a really inefficient war with U.S. Civil War casualty percentages.
yes the community.

But when youre a member of the community that drinks and drives well what good are you.

so you commenting on this is hysterical
you drunken fool
Guest042416 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #413
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwstw View Post
yes the community.

But when youre a member of the community that drinks and drives well what good are you.

so you commenting on this is hysterical
you drunken fool
I see this pathetic little bag of shit is going to follow me here and babble.

He's an inane fool that rarely if ever contributes a coherent thought.

I'm not sure I do either, but I've been told I do. In any case, he is right; I have been behind the wheel of an automobile inebriated. Not only did I do it, I was apprehended. Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I'd wager that in this community, of adult men that frequent ladies for hire, if we were to discount the posts of everyone who once operated a motor vehicle at .08 or greater BAC, we'd have substantially less to work with.

In any case, while he points fingers, he has indicated a propensity towards the same behavior in his own posts. He is bitter because he was caught faking reviews.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #414
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
First, to compare a handgun to a bow and arrow, a knife, and a slingshot borders on the absurd. To most children a gun is mystical. The other weapons are not. A gun is very easy to shoot and kill by accident. The others are not. Accidents happen. In 2010, 62 children age 1-14 were shot and killed by accident. 72 between the ages of 15-19. If you or anyone else wants to believe that your children won't be in those statistics, feel free to do so.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/FI...EATH_RATES.pdf

My son-in-law has several hunting rifles and a handgun. The rifles are stored in a very secure safe. The handgun sits outside in his truck. Smart man IMHO.

Question for you. I have lived in the Austin, Tx. area for 22 years. I read the newspaper on a daily basis and watch the local news every night. I have NEVER read or heard of a random home invasion here where the homeowner(s) were killed. Something like that makes the news. I have read of drug-related home invasions -- not random. I've also read of other non-random home invasions, meaning the criminals knew the homeowners. So the question is, how many home invasions have you had in the area in which you live?

BTW, your last paragraph also borders on the absurd. Comparing handgun carelessness to being careless with freedom of speech or religion? Come on.

You have not heard about the criminals following home the Korean owner of a liquor store? Home invading them in the middle of the night?

You need to quit reading that news paper and get some real news...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #415
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCap View Post
I see this pathetic little bag of shit is going to follow me here and babble.

He's an inane fool that rarely if ever contributes a coherent thought.

I'm not sure I do either, but I've been told I do. In any case, he is right; I have been behind the wheel of an automobile inebriated. Not only did I do it, I was apprehended. Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I'd wager that in this community, of adult men that frequent ladies for hire, if we were to discount the posts of everyone who once operated a motor vehicle at .08 or greater BAC, we'd have substantially less to work with.

In any case, while he points fingers, he has indicated a propensity towards the same behavior in his own posts. He is bitter because he was caught faking reviews.
Fuck Him... he's a bitch
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #416
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
You have not heard about the criminals following home the Korean owner of a liquor store? Home invading them in the middle of the night?

Please provide any statistics refuting Speedy's opinion that he's never seen a home invasion. More directly, refute his statement in terms if Korean liquor store owners being followed and then victimized with armed home invasions in ?Austin.

You're a complete ignoramus, aren't you, Slobbrin?

How does it feel to miss every point, ignoramus? Does it make you feel powerful, ignoramus? Smart, ignoramus? Or do you know the difference, ignoramus?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #417
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Iam just curious. How many of you who have posted on this thread have ever been a victim of a crime where a firearm or a knife was involved?

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #418
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:

What the fuck are you talking about? You are sounding as stupid as LittleEva. The term "secure" is not that hard to define. Hang a gun in your closet. Go ahead. If a child gets ahold of it, or a thief, you did not secure your gun.

This is not complicated, JD. If you want to keep your gun handy, keep your eyes on it. If it falls into the wrong hands because you were too lazy to keep track of it, you are an accomplice to whatever happens. You want to argue in favor of the right to be careless, I'd love hear it! Somehow, I don't think that is a right envisioned by natural law philosophers. Seriously, that's too stupid for even LittleEva.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #419
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post

If you want to respond to the question posed to JD, please do so. Yes, home invasions do happen. Never said otherwise. But RANDOM home invasions are rare. So are you aware of any random home invasions while the homeowners were there IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...vasion/266613/

http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dalene/cha.../103.myth0.pdf

http://propagandaprofessor.net/2012/02/

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/20...lp-you-in-the/

To reiterate, I am not on my soapbox to convince anyone to get rid of their guns from their homes. That is a personal choice and although I see no need to protect myself or my home with a gun, others should freely make their own choices.

As an ironic addendum. Last week Cedar Park hosted a large gun show. A man and his son-in-law were in their car after purchasing a gun. The son-in-law was loading the gun when it went off, killing the father-in-law. Accidents certainly do happen. But I'm sure it could never happen to any of the gun owners on this forum.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #420
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
What the fuck are you talking about? You are sounding as stupid as I am The term "secure" is not that hard to define. Hang a gun in your closet. Go ahead. If a child gets ahold of it, or a thief, you did not secure your gun.

This is not complicated, JD. If you want to keep your gun handy, keep your eyes on it. If it falls into the wrong hands because you were too lazy to keep track of it, you are an accomplice to whatever happens. You want to argue in favor of the right to be careless, I'd love hear it! Somehow, I don't think that is a right envisioned by natural law philosophers. Seriously, that's too stupid for even me .
FIFY
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women