Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59981
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35414
Mojojo33117

Old 02-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22
Default Great Ironies of Liberalism

Harvard University, the liberal bastion of greatness in education, is highly selective in its admissions process. The reason they are great is they only let in great people. They would tell you it takes the best people to be the best.
So, how does it follow that liberals want to let the poor, tired huddled masses into the country - how will that help us become a great country?
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
So, how does it follow that liberals want to let the poor, tired huddled masses into the country - how will that help us become a great country?
Because they will vote for the liberals and the liberals think they know better .. ask them!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Fucking assholes America is a country of immigrants.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Read the title of the thread

Was thinking this could be good for there are so many ironies. The illogicality of the left is widespread and pervasive

Your substance was poor and belied the title
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Harvard University, the liberal bastion of greatness in education, is highly selective in its admissions process. The reason they are great is they only let in great people. They would tell you it takes the best people to be the best.
Let me field this watermelon of a pitch that you are too stupid to understand....even though you tossed it.

Because the poor, tired, huddled masses frequently include the "best people to be the best?"

I get that you are so fucking clueless that this basic concept is apparently beyond your understanding. But, that's on you....not Harvard....fucking dumbass.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:54 PM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:

Harvard is in the middle of a grade inflation scandal. The median grade is an A-. So either everyone is a genius or they are padding the grades.

Was going to throw them a bone by having GW Bush here but I actually like this picture.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...lation-mode-a/
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Same way all immigrants before them did....hard work. Our problem is the welfare state, not immigration.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Same way all immigrants before them did....hard work. Our problem is the welfare state, not immigration.
WTF you really surprised me with that comment

I would have fallen off my chair if you had added the word "legal" in front of immigration
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

well, conservatives were never immigrants to begin with .... T-Rex shit them out as digested Africans
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Yes, the welfare state is part of the problem, no doubt.
However, no one can make the case that any immigrant is good for America. The immigrants that came here and worked hard probably have readily identifiable characteristics we should use to guide future immigration. Additionally, no one denies some immigrants coming in are bad for the country. We should research them as well to define who to keep out.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #11
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Let me field this watermelon of a pitch that you are too stupid to understand....even though you tossed it.

Because the poor, tired, huddled masses frequently include the "best people to be the best?"

I get that you are so fucking clueless that this basic concept is apparently beyond your understanding. But, that's on you....not Harvard....fucking dumbass.
So why don't we use the Harvard type metric and only take the best 2% who apply?
Taking in the million new people each year strains the system. Just because some are great doesn't mean the average immigrant helps us. We should only take in people who can demonstratively help us, and not rely on dreamy generalizations about being a nation of immigrants. Up until the 1960's, it was work or starve, and we didn't have sentimental myths about who built the nation.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #12
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
However, no one can make the case that any immigrant is good for America.
Do you actually read what you post?

Where is your "Return the Americas to Their Pre-1492 State!" mantra.

No immigrants? Really? One of the most stupid comments on here ever posted by someone who admits he is a descendent of immigrants--and man is THAT an insult.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Do you actually read what you post?

Where is your "Return the Americas to Their Pre-1492 State!" mantra.

No immigrants? Really? One of the most stupid comments on here ever posted by someone who admits he is a descendent of immigrants--and man is THAT an insult.
So you think that any immigrant, no matter how poor, sick, criminal, etc is good for the country?
That's what I meant, "No one can make the case that just any immigrant (out of a million a year) who shows up is good for the country." I think we should limit it to the best 50,000 or so who apply, regardless of the race canard people throw up when it is really an economics issue.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

a Jew starting a thread about letting the "poor,tired huddled masses" into the country

talk about irony ? talk about JL, the stupid son of a bitch without a brain.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Quote:
So you think that any immigrant, no matter how poor, sick, criminal, etc is good for the country?
That's what I meant, "No one can make the case that just any immigrant (out of a million a year) who shows up is good for the country." I think we should limit it to the best 50,000 or so who apply, regardless of the race canard people throw up when it is really an economics issue.
Yes, I do think any immigrant is a good thing, but no one could make the case because you wouldn't be swayed anyhow.

The more genes in the pool the better the best are. Natural Selection is the best determining method, certainly better than any self-proclaimed experts.

The minute you stop growing and shift your focus to protecting what you have is the same minute you start to decay.

When did we stop trying to make more states? Why stop at fifty? I know we added territories, but why not Quebec or Chihuahua for the 51st state? Take some focus off the ineffective federal government bloated with misguided attempts to solve problems that belong to local municipalities.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women