Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
almondbutter
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1
Default Hobbyist political affiliation

I wonder what political party most hobbyists lean towards? I myself am a registered republican, but lean more towards the middle of the spectrum as far as issues go. After getting into the hobby I have started to become more liberal on certain issues. Anyone here a registered republican?
almondbutter is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Most are registered hate mongers.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Well, you have Eva's position, the idiot position.

Progressives (forget the old democrat label) want to control people and have been going about it for over a hundred years. Over that time they have denied women the right to vote because "scientifically, women could not handle it), they denied black people the right to vote (same reasoning), they practiced eugenics on wards of the state, they started programs that forced people to act or eat a certain way in order to be helped, they started programs to eliminate the undesirables from society, one abortion at a time, and they passed laws taking private money (through confiscatory taxes) to use for more programs that take away freedoms in the pretense of helping. Like I said, they want to control people for "their own good".

The republicans are a lighter form of the former democrats. They beleive that certain government programs administered against the will of the people will be fine over time as the people adjust to the new paradigm. They do believe in a little more personal freedom as long as it doesn't get in the way of their new programs.

Conservatives believe in shackling government. We understand that government, like any bureaucracy, is alive and wants to grow. As it grows, personal freedoms have to make way for a new program. Conservatives believe in the most personal freedom except for lilbertarians (but they have their own problems trying sync their beliefs into one agenda). As for the moral question and hobbying, liberals, conservatives, democrats, and republicans all have people in their ranks that oppose some kind of sin.. They just define that sin differently. Actions to correct that sin are usually local in nature.

I myself am a conservative, a constitutionalist conservative, and the situation being what it is I am currently a registered republican. I have petitioned my local representatives to change the prostitution laws which I don't think our closet libs have ever done.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Well, you have Eva's position, the idiot position.

Progressives (forget the old democrat label) want to control people and have been going about it for over a hundred years. Over that time they have denied women the right to vote because "scientifically, women could not handle it), they denied black people the right to vote (same reasoning), they practiced eugenics on wards of the state, they started programs that forced people to act or eat a certain way in order to be helped, they started programs to eliminate the undesirables from society, one abortion at a time, and they passed laws taking private money (through confiscatory taxes) to use for more programs that take away freedoms in the pretense of helping. Like I said, they want to control people for "their own good".

The republicans are a lighter form of the former democrats. They beleive that certain government programs administered against the will of the people will be fine over time as the people adjust to the new paradigm. They do believe in a little more personal freedom as long as it doesn't get in the way of their new programs.

Conservatives believe in shackling government. We understand that government, like any bureaucracy, is alive and wants to grow. As it grows, personal freedoms have to make way for a new program. Conservatives believe in the most personal freedom except for lilbertarians (but they have their own problems trying sync their beliefs into one agenda). As for the moral question and hobbying, liberals, conservatives, democrats, and republicans all have people in their ranks that oppose some kind of sin.. They just define that sin differently. Actions to correct that sin are usually local in nature.

I myself am a conservative, a constitutionalist conservative, and the situation being what it is I am currently a registered republican. I have petitioned my local representatives to change the prostitution laws which I don't think our closet libs have ever done.

Here is your first hate monger JD speaking up.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Like I said...
Old 02-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Like you confirmed.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondbutter View Post
I wonder what political party most hobbyists lean towards? I myself am a registered republican, but lean more towards the middle of the spectrum as far as issues go. After getting into the hobby I have started to become more liberal on certain issues. Anyone here a registered republican?
First of all, welcome. Brave of you to step into the shark tank within your first two posts!

I am a 40+ year registered independent. I have voted both Dem and Rep at times, probably more Rep than Dem. Certainly more Rep than Dem in presidential votes. I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, which means it is difficult to find a candidate I agree with across the board. I am definitely much closer to the middle than most on here, though often in a different way than COG.

Sadly, you will find that JD's reply is rather too common: ignore the question and pontificate instead. Both sides do that here.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Does anyone notice that Old T uses the "I" word a lot. So you can choose between pontification or narcissism. The question was answered which is the important part.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #9
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Does anyone notice that Old T uses the "I" word a lot. So you can choose between pontification or narcissism. The question was answered which is the important part.
The OP asks what party affiliation people have.

Yes, you did answer the question, and then you ranted on about how anyone who has a different affiliation than yours is just wrong.

I on the other hand, focus on the question asked, and to address MY political affiliation I found it convenient to use the pronoun "I". Do you find that odd? Do you think it would read better in 3rd person? Or should I have answered for someone other than myself?

You are REALLY digging for something to say this time, aren't you?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Notice how JD was unable to answer the question without a rambling assessment of all parties? It was a wonder he didn't throw in another Happy Birthday to Palin again.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #11
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

Shut up everybody... JD barely born has a school board meeting to attend.
http://news.yahoo.com/watch-republic...222200149.html

Haha.
UB9IB6 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I'm not in the middle, and it don't pretend to be. I'm not independent, either. I am firmly, 100% on the side of freedom and personal responsibility. Most of the time I side with the Libertarians. But I'm not struggling to decide whether to support the Democrats or Republicans. They are two sides of the same coin. If you take care to look behind the hoopla, behind the smoke and mirrors, on the essential issues of liberty, the Democrats and Republicans stand united against it.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #13
almondbutter
Gaining Momentum

To sum it all up, Ron Paul seems to represent my political beliefs as far as they go. It's too bad he probably won't be running in 2016.
almondbutter is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #14
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

My statements were preemptive strikes against you stupidity and to inform the asker that democrat and republican don't have the same meaning anymore. Just trying to inform someone.. and you take exception to that? I wonder why that bothers you so much.

Though slightly off topic here is the link where Crist of Florida used to be a republican, became an independent, and is now a democrat. To some, party affliliation matters for nothing except getting elected.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #15
roaringfork
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I'm not in the middle, and it don't pretend to be. I'm not independent, either. I am firmly, 100% on the side of freedom and personal responsibility. Most of the time I side with the Libertarians. But I'm not struggling to decide whether to support the Democrats or Republicans. They are two sides of the same coin. If you take care to look behind the hoopla, behind the smoke and mirrors, on the essential issues of liberty, the Democrats and Republicans stand united against it.
That kind of says it for me. An even better summary of my position might be found in the words I've imagined I'd say to the cop if I ever got busted while hobbying: "Officer, I think I'd really enjoy doing what you do for a living, if only it weren't for the fact that I'd have to spend most of my work day telling myself that there's no such thing as a stupid law."

(As a socio-political aside, I'll confess that one of my greatest amusements consists in watching the ladies try to decide among themselves whether this hobby is exploitive or empowering.)
roaringfork is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women