Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70475
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #136
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
How many break ups a year are there in this country vs how many restraining orders. I know of nobody that has ever gotten or had one order against them.

Maybe I'm in the minority.
No, you're living under a rock then, because you don't know anyone that's gotten divorced. Either that or the people you know don't go around telling everyone they have a TRO. It's STANDARD.

Besides, the figure of 2 - 3 million has such a vast, statistical gap I'm not sure I believe it. However, let's say you're married to it. If three million people get a TRO issued against them a year that means that Three million people are applying for them. That's six million a year times infinity less the death rate in America. That means that in ten years sixty million TRO participants in America. That's a lot of people epically since there only two hundred forty million people in the country and a large percentage of that number are children under eighteen.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #137
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default maybe I live in a white suburban sheltered world

If a 100 million people are married in this country or dsting and I just picked what I think is a logical number. 2 to 3 million is 4 to 6 % a year. Now we can argue the meaning of significant but under my rock that does not seem to high. L8ke I said earlier, I would like to see hard numbers and not oyr guesstimates.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #138
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Perhaps you missed the part where it says no proof of physical abuse is necessary or required, Doofus. Take your presumptions and talk to Letterman, Doofus.
Again, how does this refute the idea, hankerin', that Zimmerman got a restraining order to simply try to make it look like "she started it"?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #139
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
If a 100 million people are married in this country or dsting and I just picked what I think is a logical number. 2 to 3 million is 4 to 6 % a year. Now we can argue the meaning of significant but under my rock that does not seem to high. L8ke I said earlier, I would like to see hard numbers and not oyr guesstimates.
The number of 2 - 3 million was YOUR number not mine. I told you I doubted the integrity of them because of the 33.33 % swing in the "hard" numbers. Whether you like it or not, three million TRO's - by YOUR numbers - means that over a paltry ten years albeit it not allowing for deaths is THIRTY MILLION PEOPLE alive in the United States that have had a TRO issued against them. That's a staggering number epically when you remove the under eighteen crowd. Whether you or the other GZ haters like it or not, using your number, that's the dealio.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #140
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Again, how does this refute the idea, hankerin', that Zimmerman got a restraining order to simply try to make it look like "she started it"?
I'm always intrigued at how liberals are so self-centered and self-important and intellectually superior to the rest of the world that they can determine right out of the thin air they blow out their asses why people are doing things and have done things!

Doove .. you're the poster child for speculative and interpretative mind reading by liberals.

They not only know what the rest of us want and need, they know what we're thinking! Just ask them!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #141
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
The number of 2 - 3 million was YOUR number not mine. I told you I doubted the integrity of them because of the 33.33 % swing in the "hard" numbers. Whether you like it or not, three million TRO's - by YOUR numbers - means that over a paltry ten years albeit it not allowing for deaths is THIRTY MILLION PEOPLE alive in the United States that have had a TRO issued against them. That's a staggering number epically when you remove the under eighteen crowd. Whether you or the other GZ haters like it or not, using your number, that's the dealio.
+100

OH, he had two strikes and not balls. He is still arguing about that second strike he took!

His intimate knowledge of the administration of justice is anemic, if not a complete void.

What's that lyric ... "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em"
Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #142
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Doove .. you're the poster child for speculative and interpretative mind reading by liberals.
But when Zimmerman does it, and proceeds to need to shoot someone because of it, you praise him as a hero. I just can't catch a break with you, i suppose.

Are you so ignorant as to not realize this whole argument is nothing but pure speculation by everyone involved? Wait, don't answer that.

Two people know what happened that night, and one of 'em is dead. The rest of us are relying on a limited set of facts to speculate on whether or not the end result of what took place was justified or not.

You really do need to pick better insults.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #143
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
No, you're living under a rock then, because you don't know anyone that's gotten divorced. Either that or the people you know don't go around telling everyone they have a TRO. It's STANDARD.
And you're being (surprise, surprise) entirely disingenuous.

How about you explain to us, Olivia, the difference between an automatic restraining order (that you're referring to) and a domestic violence restraining order (that's relevant in this discussion).
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #144
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
But when Zimmerman does it, and proceeds to need to shoot someone because of it, you praise him as a hero.

You really do need to pick better insults.
I wish you would give me a link where I called him a "hero" for killing Martin. Should I save you some time? Or are you just going to admit you are full of shit and are making up shit about me? As to "better insults" ....

I don't pick them. Your posts are sufficient insults to yourself. Example: The one above.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #145
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
And you're being (surprise, surprise) entirely disingenuous.

How about you explain to us, Olivia, the difference between an automatic restraining order (that you're referring to) and a domestic violence restraining order (that's relevant in this discussion).
I might be of some help there, if you would explain what you mean by .....

"an automatic restraining order" http://nj.aaml.org/sites/nj.aaml.org...Has%20Come.Doc

"a domestic violence restraining order"
Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #146
CJ7
Valued Poster

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #147
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1053...&postcount=115

Keep picking your feet in Poughkeepsie, Doofus. It's all you have talent for.

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #148
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post

The horse's-ass keeps making noise .... trying to look intellectual. Like:

"How about you explain to us, Olivia, the difference between an automatic restraining order (that you're referring to) and a domestic violence restraining order (that's relevant in this discussion)."

I even gave him a link to a New York (Buffalo you know?) article posted talking about auto- TROs .... and in New York (Buffalo you know?) its called an "order of protection" when involving intimate type relationships ... not a "domestic violence temporary restraining order" as he has stated ... and the TRO is based on an "ex parte" presentation to the judge, which means that the other side was not present to oppose what was alleged.

A mutual order is often the result of either mutual combat OR mutual agreement to avoid a he said/she said pissing contest in the public forum ...

I think the "proof of the pudding" is in the CHL issued to Zimmerman. I'd have to look at Florida, but I think most, if not all states, pull the CHL (or prohibit its issue) if the applicant/holder has a domestic violence finding in his history ... and that doesn't mean a conviction .. it can mean the issuance of a "protective order" (civil action) based on a finding by the Court that domestic violence was committed, and is likely to be committed in the future.

Here's what Texas says quoted: "is not currently restricted under a court protective order or subject to a restraining order affecting the spousal relationship, other than a restraining order solely affecting property interests.."

Florida: not sure if from actual statutory wording, but on "qualification" information poste by gov.... :

"If you have been issued an injunction that is currently in force that restrains you from committing acts of domestic violence or acts of repeat violence, you will be disqualified from eligibility until that injunction is no longer in force."

Federal law prohibiting possession of weapon and ammunition:
18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(32). The (protective*) order must also contain a finding that the person presents a credible threat to the victim and must restrain him or her from certain specified conduct. 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(8). Most state laws require these elements for the issuance of a protective order. []
*Added by LL for clarification"

18 U.S. § 922
"(8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that—
(A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and
(B)
(i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or
(ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or
(9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence."
Old 07-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #149
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
The horse's-ass keeps making noise .... trying to look intellectual. Like:

"How about you explain to us, Olivia, the difference between an automatic restraining order (that you're referring to) and a domestic violence restraining order (that's relevant in this discussion)."

I even gave him a link to a New York (Buffalo you know?) article posted talking about auto- TROs .... and in New York (Buffalo you know?) its called an "order of protection" when involving intimate type relationships ... not a "domestic violence temporary restraining order" as he has stated ... and the TRO is based on an "ex parte" presentation to the judge, which means that the other side was not present to oppose what was alleged.
Seems you have no idea of the context of the conversation, so you pretty much just wasted your time.

But you did sound awfully smart - which, i suspect, was your real point.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #150
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Or are you just going to admit you are full of shit and are making up shit about me?
Oh i'm sorry....did i confuse you with Whirly?

Quote:
As to "better insults" ....

I don't pick them. Your posts are sufficient insults to yourself. Example: The one above.
There ya go with the "i know you are but what am i" insults again.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women