Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40408
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35601
Mojojo33117

Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Another tax on man's behavior and freedom............when does the growth of government stop ?
When we actually do things to protect people from large corporations that environmentally rape and pillage what rightfully belongs to others would be a good start.

My grandparents owned a small trio of row houses. They and my uncles/aunts lived on the 2nd floor of all three, their shop was on the first floor of one, and they rented out the other two first floors to other small businesses. It was their life's savings after spending 60 years here having immigrated to the US in the 1880s. Citizens, tax payers, proud to be Americans. Their kids (my father included) were born here and became the first to get through college; two became Drs. One of the small businesses was bought by a large corp, who kept paying the rent on the lease. They also started dumping chemicals on the dirt floor in the basement. The corporation left several years later for bigger digs. It was then that by grandmother found out the toxic waste dumping had poisoned the entire block. She tried to go after the corp for cleanup, but the litigation dragged on until she couldn't afford the lawyers any more--the corp won. Her property was worthless. 60 years of hard work and doing what was "right", and she died destitute because of "man's behavior and freedom".

Look at the fights over trucking roads going through Chaco. Some people believe their "right" to a more economical path to haul their goods (at taxpayer expense) greatly outweighs other taxpayers' right to preserve a unique cultural national park.

A town I used to live in had almost 30% of the town turned uninhabitable because of industrial pollution. The EPA went after the company for fines and clean-up costs, but the company declared bankruptcy and paid nothing. But the fine upstanding executives, exercising their "behavior and freedom" walked away as millionaires.

Another place I lived was largely small family farms. A developer bought up a wide swath up-hill from many of the farms & the creek. They cut all the trees, put up house, and over the next two years the rains rolled down the hill unslowed by the vegitation that was no longer there. The fields were flooded--that was not a hughe problem directly--but also washed away most the topsoil. In the next few years essentially every farmer was wiped out. But the developer was just exercising their "freedom".

Freedom is good, but one person's freedom can easly become someone else's torment.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #17
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

The next big thing will be water rights.

The use, distribution, taxing and control by the government.

Yssup will only be allowed to shower once a month instead
of his regular every two weeks.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #18
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Another place I lived was largely small family farms. A developer bought up a wide swath up-hill from many of the farms & the creek. They cut all the trees, put up house, and over the next two years the rains rolled down the hill unslowed by the vegitation that was no longer there. The fields were flooded--that was not a hughe problem directly--but also washed away most the topsoil. In the next few years essentially every farmer was wiped out. But the developer was just exercising their "freedom".
That's what they call a "trickle down" economy, right?

Sadly, I believe we're already past the point where large corporations are stoppable by anyone other than each other. Very few single individuals have the capital to even come close to being able to survive litigation against them and that's assuming they aren't affiliated with large corporations themselves.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #19
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Already is a fight between states on keeping water levels high in lakes for recreation,or releasing water for river navigation.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #20
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
Sadly, I believe we're already past the point where large corporations are stoppable by anyone other than each other. Very few single individuals have the capital to even come close to being able to survive litigation against them and that's assuming they aren't affiliated with large corporations themselves.
Sadly, I believe you are correct.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
The next big thing will be water rights.
Thats been a political football out west here for decades.
Colorado River water rights has been a huge clusterfuck between the southwestern sates and Mexico forever.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
That's what they call a "trickle down" economy, right?

And the corporations are working together. I don't believe the "climate change" bullshit being spouted, but I don't see the need to pollute endlessly. I know of towns where oil refineries are, and the cancer rate is way above average. Yet the refineries deny any causation. That's bullshit, too.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

No, I don't, they can't keep up. They only operate at the speed of light.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #24
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
A few years ago the electric companies started offering smart meters for your homes electric needs. They would give you a small discount and you would give them to power to monitor your usage and to turn off your power if they thought you were using too much. It was completely voluntary. I refused it.
Today people are being arrested for refusing to have the meter installed in their private homes. The utility companies are being backed up local law enforcement acting under orders from the EPA.

California
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011...r-smart-meter/

Ohio
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/money/consum...power-shut-off

Nevada
https://fellowshipofminds.wordpress....-by-armed-men/
The articles don't say there were arrested for not allowing the smart meters. It says their power was cut off.

The meters have a cellular phone transceiver built in so that power company can read the meters remotely, rather than send workers around to do the work. It's not only a smart idea economically, it avoids the need for the meter readers to trespass on your property in the first place.

Isn't that an improvement over the current situation?

Two of the nitwits in those articles didn't want them installed because they thought the cellular transmitters in the meters would cause health problems. Paranoid fuckers are everywhere.

I don't see how the meters can enable the government to "track your movements", like one of the articles mentioned. If you usage is way down for a couple of days, you may be out of the house, but wherer? And you might just have cut back on appliance use without going anywhere.

And even the fear that the government will ration your electricity is overblown, since the government can do that NOW with analog meters, just much less efficiently.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women