Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160810
Yssup Rider60170
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35542
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
yored89
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 225526
My ECCIE Reviews
Default college question

Hello everyone my name is Roxy and for one of my college classes I am doing a paper on Munchhausen syndrome by proxy. I was hoping to potentially ask a doctor or nurse a few questions in regards to this condition . If there are any doctors or nurses that can help me please p.m. me! I know it is a rather odd request but it would look good on my paper to have the standpoint of a professional, or the standpoint of someone who has witnessed or treated this condition . If there are any psychologist who may possibly have an input on the mental standpoint of this condition, that she would be very beneficial and much appreciated . Anyone who wishes to comment on the matter with appropriate personal opinions of this issue please feel free to comment as well (:

Thank you very much!
yored89 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
yored89
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Just wanted to say my paper is finished! Thanks.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yored89 View Post
dont you just hate college papers, I am working on my historiographical paper, man is it a butt kicker.
Grizzly is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
Stiffy008
BANNED

Encounters: 3

Historiographical: A paper about methodology and development of " history" (as a discipline), or to a body of historical work on a specialized topic.
Sounds kind of fun.
Write a paper about a medical issue, you can only use journals, and you have to cite 10 difference references.
Stiffy008 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Learn to go to the Library!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffy008 View Post
Historiographical: A paper about methodology and development of " history" (as a discipline), or to a body of historical work on a specialized topic.
Sounds kind of fun.
Write a paper about a medical issue, you can only use journals, and you have to cite 10 difference references.
The point of assigning papers in college is to be sure that the student knows how to do research. It is much easier today with the net to help get you started. But a good professor will insist on seeing library work: that means that you have to use the journals (see above) and hand written note cards. It is obvious when one tries to use unsupported information. Use the journals and do your reading. With the use of computers, the young people today expect the information to be handed to them. You have to question your source. If the professor does not do this, he is not worth his pay. If the college tolerates the computer laziness, you have wasted your money.

Writing a paper is easier with the computer as a place to begin, but if you copy what others have written it is not your work, and an F grade should be expected.

Basic research looks at as many confirmed sources as possible and compares the work.

Sorry, but if you are looking for answers on this board, you are looking in the wrong place.

Good luck,

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
royamcr
Valued Poster

I have Munchenpussy disorder.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #7
Luckyb4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yored89 View Post
Well done! Time for a drink! haha
Luckyb4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #8
yored89
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

I was not looking for answers ii was looking for opinions, experiences, ideas! Like a good student should!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:59 AM   #9
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
The point of assigning papers in college is to be sure that the student knows how to do research. It is much easier today with the net to help get you started. But a good professor will insist on seeing library work: that means that you have to use the journals (see above) and hand written note cards. It is obvious when one tries to use unsupported information. Use the journals and do your reading. With the use of computers, the young people today expect the information to be handed to them. You have to question your source. If the professor does not do this, he is not worth his pay. If the college tolerates the computer laziness, you have wasted your money.

Writing a paper is easier with the computer as a place to begin, but if you copy what others have written it is not your work, and an F grade should be expected.

Basic research looks at as many confirmed sources as possible and compares the work.

Sorry, but if you are looking for answers on this board, you are looking in the wrong place.

Good luck,

JR
While I agree with your view, I don't agree with lecturing her because I'm sure she knows everything you've said,
Do you think she needs to be told to
-do her own work?
-find your own answers?

-oh, apparently you do think she doesnt know what you posted,

I found the best way to help her was by not answering her plea for help. IE tough love

People giving her answers is the same reason I don't get in the slow lane, even though I need to get off the highway,.

I dont get over from the fast lane because I know I'll find someone to let me over. so I just bypass all the people in the exit lane, slowly getting off the highway, and get over at the last second.
I can always find a sucker.
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #10
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
............. I just bypass all the people in the exit lane, slowly getting off the highway, and get over at the last second.
I can always find a sucker.

Dear Big Cock,

When I see that happen, I call those people self centered pricks.

JR
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Dear Big Cock,

When I see that happen, those people are self centered pricks.

JR
FTFY.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #12
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Dear Big Cock,

When I see that happen, I call those people self centered pricks.

JR
I don't disagree, but who is at fault? the guy doing the merging or the guy who lets him in?
answer is the enabler, guy letting him cut in, if he wouldnt let him in , the guy who stop doing it

Opposite note, when leaving a crowded parking lot(walmart/sams club on a busy day or after WOF closes) I make sure to take turns, it just makes the whole process go faster...
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default Be polite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
I don't disagree, but who is at fault? the guy doing the merging or the guy who lets him in?
answer is the enabler, guy letting him cut in, if he wouldnt let him in , the guy who stop doing it

Opposite note, when leaving a crowded parking lot(walmart/sams club on a busy day or after WOF closes) I make sure to take turns, it just makes the whole process go faster...

I agree. The problem, as I understand it, is that we are all trained from childhood to be polite to everyone. It works for society. However, there are always a few who take advantage of this politeness for their own gain. We all recognize what has happened to us when the guy cuts in to a line. We remember the command from grade school to: wait your turn.

Because we are polite, the rude people get away with this behavior most of the time; until someone stands up to them.

As an aside, remember this observation: "An armed society is a polite society." I don't know about you, but it is nice to always be very polite when one carries. It has a surprisingly quieting effect upon most people, especially when they don't know that you carry - but they can see how calm you are. Only a bully will transgress the calm request to resolve the situation. Even when one has to present a weapon; it is much more effective when done politely, calmly and professionally. The seriousness of the message is seen immediately.

JR
Old 02-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #14
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
I agree. The problem, as I understand it, is that we are all trained from childhood to be polite to everyone. It works for society. However, there are always a few who take advantage of this politeness for their own gain. We all recognize what has happened to us when the guy cuts in to a line. We remember the command from grade school to: wait your turn.

Because we are polite, the rude people get away with this behavior most of the time; until someone stands up to them.

As an aside, remember this observation: "An armed society is a polite society." I don't know about you, but it is nice to always be very polite when one carries. It has a surprisingly quieting effect upon most people, especially when they don't know that you carry - but they can see how calm you are. Only a bully will transgress the calm request to resolve the situation. Even when one has to present a weapon; it is much more effective when done politely, calmly and professionally. The seriousness of the message is seen immediately.

JR
Well said.

I invariably hold doors open for people. I'll often wait if someone is within 10-15 feet of the door. More often for women, but I'm pretty gender blind in this circumstance.

If I'm holding the door open for a woman who is close to the door, and a male tries to step in front of her to go through, I'll either shoulder him out of the way, or close the door on him.

If I can wait for her to walk through the door, so can you.

The people who try to cut in, in either case, are socially retarded. (Read: Self-centered pricks.) Perhaps someday they'll grow up, but I have little hope for the ones over 25.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #15
yored89
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Y'all make me giggle (:

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women