Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default ACL

love it or hate it? leave it in zilker or move it to the cota race track out east of town? what are your feelings on ACL festival? has it inconvenienced you? have you gone? we all know the cash infusion to the local economy can't be denied and it is good for us in that sense, but what about quality of life with the extra traffic, noise and ruckus it causes? Is it worth it?
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_nami View Post
love it or hate it? leave it in zilker or move it to the cota race track out east of town? what are your feelings on ACL festival? has it inconvenienced you? have you gone? we all know the cash infusion to the local economy can't be denied and it is good for us in that sense, but what about quality of life with the extra traffic, noise and ruckus it causes? Is it worth it?
I have gone about every other year for the past 9 years, although I've missed the last 2. I would prefer it stay at Zilker. I've been to the rack track for 3 concerts already but think Zilker is much more crowd friendly for a concert. The reason I haven't gone recently is I enjoy classic rock and none of the bands in the last 2 years fit in that genre IMHO. The Cure? Depeche Mode? Muse? Kings of Leon okay. I would enjoy seeing them again. I enjoyed Stevie Wonder a few years ago but Lionel Richie does nothing for me.

Were single day tickets available this year? I'm sorry, but I can't handle 3 days of ACL. Physical not a problem Mental is. Can't face the crowds 3 straight days.

Even without attending ACL, I hit music venues in Austin about once a month, with Saxon Pub being my favorite spot.

But I hope the music never stops. That is what makes Austin Austin.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
3Jacklover
Gaining Momentum

Needs to stay at Zilker or Aud. Shores. C3 will learn from this year 140k
No way. I had 5 extra wristbands that I gave away.
Leaving C3 tent, Shuggie was way cool.
Heading to after party.
3Jacklover is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Fratelli
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

Were single day tickets available this year?
No single day tickets this year. Given that they still haven't sold out the second weekend, we'll see if that changes next year, or if there is a second weekend next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
But I hope the music never stops. That is what makes Austin Austin.
+1
Fratelli is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
TravelingTex
Valued Poster

Keep it at Zilker, but drop back to one weekend. In fact, as Fratelli says above, the second weekend is not even close to selling out, tickets are increasingly cheap/free, so there is literal fatigue setting in.

As for events in general, Austin averages 2.5 event permits/week, according to a recent Statesman article, and the city council is looking to expand that even more. Now, not all those events are big ones, but that's still a buncha tied-up traffic. City council is overlooking those of us who have to drive to everyday, non-glamorous jobs.

As for C3 Events, they're already swinging too much weight in this town. Consider that one of their conditions for donating to keep up Zilker is to close Auditorium Shores for a year. Let me say that again: Auditorium Shores, the free jogging/bicycling/dog park between S. 1st and S. Lamar, is closing in November for a year. After it opens, the dog park will be much smaller and moved to the west. C3 demands, C3 gets. What's the next demand they're going to put on the city?
TravelingTex is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
TravelingTex
Valued Poster

I went to ACL every year from the start, quit going a few years ago. This past weekend and next, I'm putting my money into the Austin Corn Lovers Fiesta (the "other" ACL F), with much cheaper prices (five bucks!), multiple bands, multiple venues (Longbranch, Hole in the Wall, Infest, etc.) There's also the "Ditch the Fest Fest," now in its 4th year, also with multiple bands and much cheaper prices (Scoot Inn, Cheer Up Charlies).

So I vote with my wallet to keep my music smaller and more local and cheaper.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
TravelingTex
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Jacklover View Post
C3 will learn from this year 140k
No way. ...
Was that 140K for both weekends? Because I thought they learned from the 3rd, when they first hit 100K, and that's why they intentionally capped registration under 100K after that. So did they go back up again? If so, the lesson didn't stay learned. They may be high on their own success (see my comment about C3 demands on city council.)
Old 10-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
sunspots
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I live near there.....like 4 or 5 acts I would bother to walk down there to see.. I think ACL is Lame and having a music thing in Austin and kicking Shiner bock out is ???????
Have not been in 3 years even with people giving me wrist bands
They have cops blocking off my neighborhood keeping the riff raff out
Im waiting for FUN FUN FUN fest........ more to my taste
sunspots is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
AfterDarkIFeel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

I hate it because everyone is like "Are you going to ACL?" or even worse, just assumes I am going. Then they're like "Why not???" as if I must somehow be defective because I don't like going to ACL. I don't fucking want to, that's why! Now fuck off...
AfterDarkIFeel is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
Guest020916-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingTex View Post
As for C3 Events, they're already swinging too much weight in this town. Consider that one of their conditions for donating to keep up Zilker is to close Auditorium Shores for a year. Let me say that again: Auditorium Shores, the free jogging/bicycling/dog park between S. 1st and S. Lamar, is closing in November for a year. After it opens, the dog park will be much smaller and moved to the west. C3 demands, C3 gets. What's the next demand they're going to put on the city?
Lots of hearsay on C3 involvement in park planning. Funding is obvious.
Ironic since the owners of C3 are dog owners & smart enough to know it would be bad PR.
Also, remember FFF is Transmissions event, not C3.

http://austinist.com/2013/10/09/peop...the_no_dog.php

http://austin.ynn.com/content/news/2...ut-out-canines

http://www.kvue.com/news/Anger-frust...227000591.html
Guest020916-1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #11
Guest020916-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDarkIFeel View Post
I hate it because everyone is like "Are you going to ACL?" or even worse, just assumes I am going. Then they're like "Why not???" as if I must somehow be defective because I don't like going to ACL. I don't fucking want to, that's why! Now fuck off...
Yes, you're defective.

Psst, no one cares if you go or don't go. You're not that significant.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm so old school I miss aquafest and woodshock
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #13
Austintatious Lilly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2800
My ECCIE Reviews
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_nami View Post
I'm so old school I miss aquafest and woodshock

*Sigh* The Good Old Days Of Aquafest!!!!!

Czech Night....The Raft Race...The Water Parade!!!!!

The Times They Are a-Changin'

Austintatious Lilly is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
AfterDarkIFeel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboating2 View Post
Yes, you're defective.

Psst, no one cares if you go or don't go. You're not that significant.
That's the thing... people apparently do care because this conversation takes place over and over again during ACL. At least this time, it's my fault though
AfterDarkIFeel is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #15
Guest020916-1
Account Disabled

Just messin' with ya @ AfterDark.

I hear ya but I see it as conversation starter since I'm into music. Met some interesting people in bars and pubs for the simple fact ACL discussion started.

How else can an old guy like myself talk to mid-20's hotties? Music festivals!
Or Meet 'n Greets :-P

Btw, both weekends sold out so C3 benefitted from following 2 weekend format like the other festivals. The insurance covered musicians not able to perform due to rain out & partial refunds. It was cool that the musicians played free shows around downtown sans Atoms for Peace.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women