Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47609
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
nolatribalwarfare
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13
Default There goes next Saints season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...-year-bounties
nolatribalwarfare is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

In my opinion the NFL went way over board on this one. Should their be suspensions? Yes, without question. They were told for three years to stop this practice as well as lying to the commissioners office for three years. BUT, as a former football player there isn't enough gold in Fort Knox that would have made me hit any harder. The NFL players always bring it as hard as they can in order not to loose their jobs. The complicating matter is the lawsuit against the NFL. If it weren't for the suit I believe would have been some suspensions, but nothing like this.
Guest052115-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
nolatribalwarfare
Valued Poster

Quote:
The complicating matter is the lawsuit against the NFL. If it weren't for the suit I believe would have been some suspensions, but nothing like this.
The NFL is positioning themselves for an upcoming lawsuit. If you listen to Goodell press conference he reiterated "The safety of the players" point all throughout it.
Quote:
They were told for three years to stop this practice as well as lying to the commissioners office for three years.
The lying definitely didn't help. Remember Martha Stewart was put in jail for lying. Not insider trading.
Quote:
BUT, as a former football player there isn't enough gold in Fort Knox that would have made me hit any harder.
I played football in junior high as well as high school. I was more afraid of not hitting hard enough than to hard.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
eholiday
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 64

Isn't the Super Bowl in NOLA next year? Sounds like someone wanted to make sure the home team didn't make it to their own party.
eholiday is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
harley3535
~Harley~

User ID: 59266
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I wouldnt be surprised if they dont come back later and try to take the super bowl win away from them.... Aren't they claiming that most of this b/s happened in the year that the Saints won???
harley3535 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Blackngold44
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

The whole thing is bullshit if thats the case then every team he Greg Willams coached for should be suspended to. I also think that they overboard with the punishments
Blackngold44 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
runkle
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

runkle is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
heidilynnla
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9583
My ECCIE Reviews

I am crushed! It was going to be a great year. Perhaps I am naive, but do you think Coach Payton really condoned this?
heidilynnla is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
bigworm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Show me some video evidence that the Saints were playing the game different than anybody else. The game is all about trying to make big playes and in just about all work places people are rewarded for reaching goals. Show me where there was intent to hurt. Smack talk is all over the NFL. How many times do you think Ray Lewis looked into the QB's eyes and said I'm going to rip your head off.
bigworm is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #10
Guest080212
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

When you are a totalitarian dictatorship you don't need any evidence.
Guest080212 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
nolatribalwarfare
Valued Poster

I don't think Payton condoned this, but he certainly knew about it. IMHO Payton comes from the old school. What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.The NFL knew something about it when we won the Superbowl but they didn't have any hard evidence. So they closed the investigation. The NFL did what any investigator would do. Find a disgruntled little dickhead that is pissed off for getting cut. He snitches. Investigation reopens. Find a whole bunch of electronic communications. People lie. People get fined and suspended. The fines and suspension was way to harsh. The real sufferers are the fans. But Goodell is setting the NFL for their greatest defense from all of the future law suits. I can hear it now "Look at the penalties we enforced on the dreaded Saints when they was trying to injure you."
Old 03-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
BarryPipes
Gaining Momentum

Default It Ain't Over!!!!

"Nothing's over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

- Bluto (John Belushi)
Animal House
BarryPipes is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryPipes View Post
"Nothing's over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

- Bluto (John Belushi)
Animal House
Bluto... Classic!!

Yeah... we really fucked the little Kraut Bastards when we A-Bombed their ass!

Would be cool to thumb our nose @ Goodell and make it to the Superbowl, anyway!

GEAUX SAINTS !!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
Guest051920
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

I have been a fan since the days of paper bags but this was justified.We were asked to stop yet continued after the league and Team Owner gave a warning.We also have Coaches with knowledge and one whom ran the program. Safety is this commissioners agenda and you went against it after warning.This is illegal per NFL rules if it was the players that did it away from a team site the league may have been lenient.Players around the league have been complaining we were a dirty team you knew it was a matter of time before the league investigates again.I hate to see what happened and the effect it will have on our team.

Reading the ESPN report was eye opening.You sensed some tension between Coach Payton and Williams and the report confirms it.Williams is probably done as a Coach.He is tainted.Those bounties did not work for the 2010 and 2011 season.They were terrible and often injured.
Guest051920 is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
ilovedatass
Valued Poster

Encounters: 77

Most teams pay the same bounties. They probably don't write it down, hand the bonuses out on the field on TV ,or sing songs about Favre on the ground. Lol
ilovedatass is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women