Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59974
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47586
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Nicolet
Account Disabled

User ID: 22480
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Personal property

At what point can a person retrieve their personal property in the legal process?
Nicolet is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Guest120113
Account Disabled

User ID: 161355
My ECCIE Reviews

More info? Is the property in a vehicle impounded... at a jail... in a home under asset seizure?

In TX... seized property forfiture happens AFTER a court hearing. Not sure the specifics in your situation though.
Guest120113 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Nicolet
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

A laptop, a tower which hasn't worked in years, and 3 cell phones. Nothing major, but of major importance to me. They have had my items for 3 months now so I'm pretty sure they fined toothed it by now.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
dickus
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Is the criminal proceeding in which the seizure occurred completed? If not, they may be able to keep the "evidence" until the criminal matter is finally disposed of.

Not a lawyer, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once.
dickus is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Nicolet
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

LMAO!!!!! At least I can still laugh!
No, it is no where near completion. The first court date was Dec 17th and got pushed to Feb 19th.
I'm no lawyer either, but I figured that would be the SOP.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
Guest120113
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

If the property is part of the investigation you won't get it returned even after case is concluded. Your legal counsel is the best course of action in inquiries about it. Good luck with the whole thing.... I wish the best for ya. Legal issues and courtrooms suck. So I hear from a friend... ;-)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
Poet Laureate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lovelace View Post
If the property is part of the investigation you won't get it returned even after case is concluded.
Not so. Once the proceedings are concluded the property can be returned to its owner. But they won't chase you down to give it back; you have to be proactive, because they auction off unclaimed property once a relatively short time has passed after adjudication. At each juncture you should ask whether or when your property can be claimed, and especially after any hearing or granted motion that includes the word 'Final'.
-
Just remember that it takes awhile for the system to catch up with itself. You likely won't be able to claim your property the day or even the week after the case is closed; it might take just a bit longer for the property room to get the word that it's okay to release the items.
Poet Laureate is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
Guest120113
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Default Entitlement and reality differ in justice systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Laureate View Post
Not so. Once the proceedings are concluded the property can be returned to its owner. But they won't chase you down to give it back; you have to be proactive, because they auction off unclaimed property once a relatively short time has passed after adjudication. At each juncture you should ask whether or when your property can be claimed, and especially after any hearing or granted motion that includes the word 'Final'.
-
Just remember that it takes awhile for the system to catch up with itself. You likely won't be able to claim your property the day or even the week after the case is closed; it might take just a bit longer for the property room to get the word that it's okay to release the items.
In THEORY yes you are entitled to the property after case cessation. In REALITY you will have a difficult process to endure to reclaim it. frankly, it will be a major pain in your ass. As slow as the justice system moves you're actual final disposition/outcome of the case will take a long time... a year or more.Talk to your attorney. I had a friend who lost all her money, her car, and personal belongings in a seizure and recieved a summons for a hearing regarding the property from a process server while in the pokey. Needless to say she couldnt get oiut of jail to attend so.... pooof. property gone like the wind. BOOOOOOO
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
straightshooter30
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Call the DA / Prosecuting Atty

Not a lawyer, but my experience here in New England, not TX, is that they keep evidence until after the case is disposed and after the timeline for you to file an appeal has passed. If you want an answer without 'running the lawyer's meter', you could call the prosecuting attorney / DA. Just be extremely careful to not give them any information that they can use against you. Just the fact you want it back may cause them to think there is something there for them to find... Good luck!
straightshooter30 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women