Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47580
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 04-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
scorpioseventy7
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32
Default 2011 NFL Football

With the NFL draft right around the corner, I just wanted to know what's your Favorite NFL team, who you are hoping for them to pick in the first round, and why. And name one player you hope to pick up in free-agency.

I'm a native of Dallas, TX so my team is the Dallas Cowboys of course. I'm hoping that the Cowboys can get their hands on #22 Mark Ingram from Bama, I truly believe he is Emmit Smith incarnated. He's an excellent choice for the Cowboys, a true win/win because if he's good, then that's great and we finally have a star runningback again. If he sucks, then we can sellout Cowboys stadium at least in his first season and still trade high for in 2012.

I hope the cowboys tighten up the secondary with non other than #21 Nnamdi Asomugha from the Raiders list of free-agents. He is the only player in the league that can narrow the opposing teams offence to half the field.

scorpioseventy7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
gnadfly
Account Disabled

You're delusional. What made Emmit Smith so good is he ran behind the greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL. If you don't believe me, google "greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL." Everybody's list has the early to mid 90's Cowboy line in the top, uh, one. OK, most have them listed as #1, everyone has them in the top 5.

What was one of the Cowboy's big need area this past season? Offensive line. Is a young version of Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc available? Draft them. But Jerry won't because he's fallen in love with the "Triplet" philosophy.

On the other hand, a thread similar to your came up after the 2010 regular season and I suggested the Texans get Nnamdi Asomugha also. So you aren't totally delusional.

By the way, I was born and raised in Oak Cliff.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

What is hilarious about it all is that while you liken Ingram to Emmitt (which is not off base by any means actually in their size/speed/style) I have no doubt that JJ is thinking the same thing...... so you may have ANOTHER RB to add to your already plenty full stable..... Much less a 1st round draft pick..... and while Dez Bryant may be the greatest thing since sliced cheese, trading up to get him was a bit on the ridiculous side when you already have so much money invested in WR......... But that is just my (and many many others) opinion......

Being I am a Houstonian, my dislike for the Cowboys is great, so seeing them make moves like that makes me happy and I look forward to them shitting the bed this draft season too........

Nnamdi is most likely going to Green Bay to be with his friend/mentor Charles Woodson (who they plan to move to saftey when he does) and I would be SHOCKED if he went elsewhere........

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
scorpioseventy7
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
You're delusional. What made Emmit Smith so good is he ran behind the greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL. If you don't believe me, google "greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL." Everybody's list has the early to mid 90's Cowboy line in the top, uh, one. OK, most have them listed as #1, everyone has them in the top 5.

What was one of the Cowboy's big need area this past season? Offensive line. Is a young version of Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc available? Draft them. But Jerry won't because he's fallen in love with the "Triplet" philosophy.

On the other hand, a thread similar to your came up after the 2010 regular season and I suggested the Texans get Nnamdi Asomugha also. So you aren't totally delusional.

By the way, I was born and raised in Oak Cliff.
Thanks for commenting on the thread gnadfly, nice wordplay for you username bty. I've had this debate about Emmit Smith vs Barry Sanders, 90's Cowboys O-line being one of the greatest ect. Although my post wasn't about how great Emmit Smith was. However, since it seems you'd rather talk about Mr. Smith instead of the OP then I suppose I have no choice but to school you on a few facts. When a freshman in high school (without the assistance of Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc) Mr. Smith rushed 8,804 yards, which was the second most yardage in American high school football history at the time. As a sophomore, Mr. Smith rushed for 2,424 rushing yards and 26 touchdowns and led his HS Football Team to its first state football championship with a 47-14 victory over St. Petersburg in the Class 3-A final.

Mr. Smith twice broke the 2,000-yard rushing mark in a single season 1986. Mr. Smith rushed for over 100 yards 28 games in a row, and in 45 of the 49 games he started and was named USA Today and Parade magazine high school player of the year.

Now on to college. The first 2 and a half games of his college career, Emmit did not start. However, he did earning the starting spot midway through the second game of the season and kept it until he got injured in game 6. Mr. Smith's very first start Mr. Smith rushed for 224 yards breaking Florida's 40-year old all-time single game rushing record. In all, Smith owned 58 school records at the conclusion of his Florida career despite playing on Florida teams with virtually no passing game and no Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc. making him the focal point of opposing defenses. Prior to Emmitt's arrival, the Gators had had just one winning season in its previous 18. But as a freshman, Mr. Smith rushed for 1,525 yards and 19 touchdowns in 1983, he led the team to the divisional playoffs. Mr. Smith was named a first-team SEC selection for the third year and SEC Player of the Year, was a unanimous first-team All-American, and finished seventh in the Heisman Trophy balloting all with out the help of Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc. and the famous 90's Cowboy O-line.

After Super Bowl XXVII, Mr. Smith sat out 2 games and let a one Derrick Lassic who was the 1993 Sugar Bowl MVP run behind Mr. Erik Williams, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc. and the famous 90's Cowboy O-line and got CREAMED. The 3rd game Mr. Smith returned to the Cowboys line-up and led the Cowboys to a second straight super bowl. Mr. Smith was named the Super Bowl MVP, with 30 carries for 132 yards and 2 touchdowns, while also catching 4 passes for 26 yards.

On October 27, 2002, he surpassed Walter Payton's All-Time Leading Rushing Record of 16,726 yards to become the NFL's All-Time Leading Rusher. The rest as they say is history.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
scorpioseventy7
Account Disabled

Go Cowboys, ya dig?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
Reese Foster
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioseventy7 View Post
Go Cowboys, ya dig?

Any fan of the Cowboys...is a friend of mine
Reese Foster is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
bigmofo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

The RAIDERS we BACK
bigmofo is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
Satin
Valued Poster

Damn Scorpio you almost making me respect and like Emmit..lol.

Good meeting you Friday playa...I just hope we have a draft....& a season. Greedy bastards....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
scorpioseventy7
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
Damn Scorpio you almost making me respect and like Emmit..lol.

Good meeting you Friday playa...I just hope we have a draft....& a season. Greedy bastards....
Cheers satin, the feeling is mutual plaaaya.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #10
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Yeah it was great meeting you also Scorpio.

But I would also say that Barry Sanders was the greatest "PURE" running back of all time. His offensive line was crap. He never had a descent wide receiver or quarterback.

Some say "Jim Brown" was the greatest, including Barry Sander's own father.

My favorite to watch however was...

DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #11
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

It won't bother me if the strike last for years.
I'm glad to see you made it home ok DarthMaul. Looked like you weren't feeling any pain last week
The cigar was fantastic btw
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #12
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2u View Post
It won't bother me if the strike last for years
bbkid is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #13
Guest120614-1
Account Disabled

Nuff Said!!!
Guest120614-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
Satin
Valued Poster

Damn tbone...some of us would die without football.

Bbkid....I see you feel the same way about football that I feel about baseball..lol. The only sport I could care less about ...

DM, I feel exactly the same way you do on the whole running back deal. Good post bro...."Sweetness" was the man....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #15
Guest072614-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 68

14 posts and no mention of the Houston team. That organization has some serious work to do.

As far as the draft, they need any help they can get on defense. Trading anything they can to get up and take Von Miller would be the dream scenario. I'd also take a flyer on Julio Jones or A.J. Green if one of 'em falls to them. A receiver may be the best player available when they pick.

In free agency: Nnamdi Asomugha... but that's probably another dream.
Guest072614-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women