Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70445
biomed160801
Yssup Rider60165
gman4452959
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47655
pyramider46370
bambino40393
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35527
Mojojo33117

Old 10-26-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
Marshall2.0
Valued Poster

Default Michiganders want global warming.

Michiganders want global warming.
By Erwin Haas
Controlling our climate is a big deal for some constituencies. Despite claims of “global warming”, “climate change” or whatever this week’s terminology is, increased CO2 from burning fossil fuels has served as a crop fertilizer, diminishes plants’ need for water, and has caused entire regions like the Sahel in North Africa to green up.

But look at this from a perspective of a guy in Michigan. The place where I'm sitting right now was at the bottom of 300 feet of ice 12,000 years ago. Thankfully, it all melted due to an unaccountable but very welcome global warming. Some “scientists” assert that the globe warmed up by 16 degrees F since the last (of many) ice ages. We have mixed opinions on whether this welcome warming is continuing. The 3 degrees (maybe) due to man-made industrial pollution is small compared to the 16 degrees ascribed to the latest ice-age cycle -- think of an unimpressive wave on a vast tide of the ocean sloshing around as the globe turns. And we have no idea whether the ice-age warming is continuing to wax or whether it is waning. We could be staring at another ice age for all that climate “scientists” know.

We in Michigan live in a harsh climate, a relatively short growing season and freeze/thaw cycles that bust up our roads, make cars careen out of control with every freeze and, as I'm reminded of daily in my FB and email feeds, inspire retirees who can afford it to migrate to Florida in the fall.

Portside politicians want to deny us the sun-splashed environs that every Michigander fantasizes about. I’d guess that most of us would be happy if only our winters were milder and snow free, say like those in North Carolina or Georgia. Yet the same doctrinaire politicians and environmental fanatics decree that we not build cheap and cost-effective gas-fired electric power plants and factories here lest we melt ice somewhere else. They want to deny us the tools so that we can prosper in our own state.

Why should we in the north worry about slight warming? The leftist politicians and “scientists” who promise us near-term doom have not accurately predicted our climate in the last 40 years (one of our sons is an engineer working at Goddard on weather satellites and knows a bit about Microwave Sensing Units, polar orbits, and the rest) and ignore the ice age because it clouds their narrative. They predict the future by inventing it. Why let them ruin our lives?

And why should we vote for people who concoct a future to augment their political power over productive elements here in Michigan, all the while irresponsibly condemning us to their globalist-inspired poverty?
Marshall2.0 is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Cite the source, Marshall..

And/or quit spamming this forum.

Apparently you’re desperately trying to divert discussion away from the issues of the day, foreign and domestic,
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #3
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Breaking News --- Yssup is not a mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

Apparently you’re desperately trying to divert discussion away from the issues of the day, foreign and domestic,
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Climate change activism is for rich people that have no jobs and don't have to worry about how they are going to put food on the family table or how are they going to be able to make the rent next month. Trump knows this.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #5
Marshall2.0
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

You are harassing me...isn't that against the rules. If someone things this stalker is harassing me, please report him.

I thought this was a safe space away from his micro-aggressions, let alone his macro-aggressions.

Marshall2.0 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women