Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > Coed Discussions - San Antonio
Coed Discussions - San Antonio Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40410
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35604
Mojojo33117

Old 10-04-2017, 09:38 PM   #1
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52
Default What's up with the new 6 min posting rule?

I just noticed that once you post, you can't post again for 6 minutes. Why did did eccie implement this? Just curious. Not sure i like it, but again, may not be a bad thing either.

Thoughts from mods? Community?
Dr Grey is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I have been told it is due to site maintenance and upgrades! Should last a few weeks.......
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:38 AM   #3
Guest110417
Account Disabled

Encounters: 46
Thumbs down I hope so.

It kinda sucks. I'm just sayin'.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS
Guest110417 is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Some of us who are less addicted did not even notice this rule.

Let's call it the RogueOnly1 Rule.
FootLong is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #5
mirandalee
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 64619
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Been gone awhile but thanks for the info
mirandalee is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #6
Champagne Brown
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2799
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Welcome back!^^^
Champagne Brown is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Alana kay
Top Elite Latina MILF

User ID: 230664
My ECCIE Reviews

I thought it was supposed to slow down posting of some...if they would have to wait 6min to post maybe they would change their mind about it? I know I would probably not wait that long
Alana kay is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Yes, there is maintenance going on but it may also be in place to discourage the human and robotic spammers.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLong View Post
Some of us who are less addicted did not even notice this rule.

Let's call it the RogueOnly1 Rule.
Addicted? I haven't posted a review in 5 months. But whatever.

I do apologize to the gents who put up some good reads lately. But I'm not going to wait 6 min to comment.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:56 PM   #10
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Wow. Conspiracy much? I didn’t say anything about reviews btw.
FootLong is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #11
NavyManSA2004
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Not a fan of it; don't have a lot of time to browse the reviews/posts - but this 6 minute lapse will mean many people will no longer provide pertinent info/feedback. If that's the desired result, then guess they're successful.
NavyManSA2004 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #12
Guest101618
Account Disabled

Encounters: 59
Talking

From an administrative point of view, 6 minutes (360 seconds) is a very high value for the flood prevention limiting option. Typically that value is recommended to be 30 seconds. It is possible this is being used to limit the write load on the sql server back-end during a maintenance period, but the vast majority of sql calls are going to be reads anyway so I can't imagine it makes that much of a difference.

It is a highly effective way to limit the contributions of thread trolls who live online and have nothing better to do than harass and run up post counts. The downside is the hammer is damned big and tends to squash more than the intended target. If you are only trying to limit posting from automated zombies then the 30 second default setting is adequate. But trying to affect behavior of bad actors will also affect the behavior of the good ones as well. Less participation, less information, less community. Which leaves advertising, providers and reviews with fewer responses to operate as a check on bad reviews.

Guest101618 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #13
Alana kay
Top Elite Latina MILF

User ID: 230664
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover14 View Post
From an administrative point of view, 6 minutes (360 seconds) is a very high value for the flood prevention limiting option. Typically that value is recommended to be 30 seconds. It is possible this is being used to limit the write load on the sql server back-end during a maintenance period, but the vast majority of sql calls are going to be reads anyway so I can't imagine it makes that much of a difference.

It is a highly effective way to limit the contributions of thread trolls who live online and have nothing better to do than harass and run up post counts. The downside is the hammer is damned big and tends to squash more than the intended target. If you are only trying to limit posting from automated zombies then the 30 second default setting is adequate. But trying to affect behavior of bad actors will also affect the behavior of the good ones as well. Less participation, less information, less community. Which leaves advertising, providers and reviews with fewer responses to operate as a check on bad reviews.

Is it just me or was that a sexy way to say exactly what I was thinking...way to go
Alana kay is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #14
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLong View Post
Wow. Conspiracy much? I didn’t say anything about reviews btw.
No conspiracy. We know who's more attuned to the site than others. And its not me. Can tell you that right now.

I usually only get on here to post reviews, follow up on them. Then read others and comment on a few reviews to support the ladies and gents. You know, be apart of the community.

Less interest in hobby lately has had me wondering about the 6 min rule as I decided to comment and got hit with it lol. The only reason I used to be on here a bit was I used to post 2 to 3 reviews a month.

But people will do some damned things around here. Rumors and such. Perhaps why I'm on a dns list of a lady (won't even say why) and girls tell me guys tell them not to see me when i go to visit them. I make a simple observation here, and called an addict (perhaps jokingly, but others don't know any better). But, Smh. I hope the 6 min rule sticks to be honest.

And FL. Don't take anything personal man. You know me better than that.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #15
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana kay View Post
I thought it was supposed to slow down posting of some...if they would have to wait 6min to post maybe they would change their mind about it? I know I would probably not wait that long
I used to like to comment on reviews to thank the guy for writing, but also give the ladies recognition for inspiring a good review. Was part of the hobby experience. But yeah, I read and move on now. And as of last couple months, really haven't been reading anything but provider ads to see who is in town.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women