Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452976
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47676
pyramider46370
bambino40406
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35596
Mojojo33117

Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Lightbulb The US has been voted as the most significant threat to world peace in a survey across 68 different countries.

Link to RT news article

The US has been voted as the most significant threat to world peace in a survey across 68 different countries. Anti-American sentiment was not only recorded in antagonistic countries, but also in many allied NATO partners like Turkey and Greece.

A global survey conducted by the Worldwide Independent Network and Gallup at the end of 2013 revealed strong animosity towards the US’s role as the world’s policeman. Citizens across over 60 nations were asked: “Which country do you think is the greatest threat to peace in the world today?”

The US topped the list, with 24 percent of people believing America to be the biggest danger to peace. Pakistan came second, with 8 percent of the vote and was closely followed by China with 6 percent. Afghanistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea came in joint fourth place with 5 percent of the vote.

The threat from the US was rated most highly in the Middle East and North Africa, those areas most recently affected by American military intervention. Moreover, the survey showed that even Americans regard their country as a potential threat with 13 percent of them voting the US could disrupt global status quo.

Latin America expressed mixed feelings towards its northerly neighbor, with Peru, Brazil and Argentina all flagging the US as the most dangerous country.

After its numerous threats of a strike on Iran, many countries voted Israel was the biggest threat to prosperity. Morocco, Lebanon and Iraq all chose Israel as the number one danger to world peace.

In the survey participants were also asked: “If there were no barriers to living in any country of the world, which country would you like to live in?” Despite being the perceived largest threat to world peace, the US still topped the tables by a narrow margin of 9 percent.

In general 2013 saw a drop in approval ratings for the Obama Administration. A poll conducted by the AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research revealed that 50 percent of those asked thought that the political system in the US needed a “complete overhaul.”

In addition, 70 percent of Americans believe the government lacks the ability to make progress on the important problems and issues facing the country in 2014.”

The survey comes two months after the first government shutdown in 17 years in the US which cost the country an estimated $10 billion.

The American government’s credibility was dealt a blow earlier this year when President Obama made a call to strike Syria following a suspected chemical weapons attack by the Syrian government on civilians. The American public and the international community both opposed the action.
Stan.Dupp is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67
Default USA -- the greatest threat to world peace

For those of you who don't believe the US is tough enough on its enemies, bends over for the smaller countries, licks the boots of dictators and Muslim theocracies, maybe you ought to take a look outside of our own little bubble.

According to a new survey conducted by BBC News, the US is considered the biggest thread to peace in the world today. Three times moreso than Pakistan, four times moreso than China and nearly five times moreso than Iran and North Korea.

BTW -- this survey was conducted by the WIN/Gallup International! I know some of you fellas have heard of them.

Here's the summary of this section of the poll:
"More bad, but not entirely surprising, news for the US. The world's sometimes eager, sometimes reluctant policeman is the subject of widespread animosity. Predictable in some areas (the Middle East and North Africa) but less so in others. Eastern Europe's 32% figure may be heavily influenced by Russia and Ukraine, but across most of Western Europe there are also lots of figures in the high teens.

"In the Americas themselves, decades of US meddling have left an awkward legacy. Its neighbours, Mexico (37%) and Canada (17%), clearly have issues. Even 13% of Americans see their own country as a danger. Pakistan's unenviable position as a (distant) second in the global threat stakes probably has a regional explanation - 15% of the world's population lives in its neighbour and arch-rival, India."
Before you start shitting all over the BBC, here's the link to the full survey on the WIN-Gallup International site.

http://www.wingia.com/en/survey/end_of_year_survey/

Sample size was more than 66,000 in 65 countries worldwide.

Thoughts?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I thought The Obama would bow his way into the worlds heart and bestow peace unto all men women and children. The world must be watching Best Korea Tv
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
BJerk
BANNED

I think it is sad we have to mess around in everyone else's affairs. Live and let live!!
BJerk is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

[QUOTE=gnadfly;1054784881]I thought

That was your problem....
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

This is no surprise.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I thought The Obama would bow his way into the worlds heart and bestow peace unto all men women and children. The world must be watching Best Korea Tv
Haven't you been saying that he was kissing every countries ass? Muslim countries especially!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
Yssup Rider
BANNED

This is so confusing for these dim bulbs.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly
I thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post

Damn, you beat me to it!

Truth be known, we have been waiting for a very long time for Turdfly to actually have a coherent thought.

Thus far, it has not occurred.

Perhaps next year!

(Or the year after)
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Well, fuck 'em.

Who has been there countless times to bail shit for brains country's out when they needed it?

This is a very good piece, kinda related, especially the one about the aircraft carrier.

http://www.shofarbetzion.com/01/youc...rdapindrop.htm
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #11
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Haven't you been saying that he was kissing every countries ass? Muslim countries especially!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Damn, you beat me to it!
Oh looky! The Austin Reacharound Crew is racing to see who can finish first! Priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Well, fuck 'em.

Who has been there countless times to bail shit for brains country's out when they needed it?
Exactly, Jackie S. I'd rather be feared like Assup strolling down the gerbil aisle of the local pet store.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Exactly, Jackie S. I'd rather be feared like Assup strolling down the gerbil aisle of the local pet store.
So Obama is doing a good job scaring the shit out of other countries?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Oh looky! The Austin Reacharound Crew is racing to see who can finish first! Priceless!

What a fool! Everybody knows the gerbils are kept on a shelf near the cash register..
Old 01-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #14
gnadfly
Account Disabled

And they say that Obamacare isn't working!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Wasn't Obama going to improve our standing in the world?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women