Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47596
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
BIG C
Ambassador

Default Need Help Removing Virus

Apparently I visited one of those fucking sites that got Malware, Spyware, SpamBots and all other kinds of shit and now my 'puter is infected with it and my current virus definitions didn't work on removing them.....Anyone know where I can download a "FREE anti-virus program that can get rid of this shit (yeah, I'm a cheap bastard).....ARGH ! ! ! ! !
BIG C is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
docdavid49
Lifetime Premium Access

Big C... depends on which one it is. You can download super-antispyware (free for us cheap bastards, but without the real time protection) and try it. You can also download malware bytes for free and try it.. Do NOT try them both at the same time.

I picked up one called Internet Security 2010 back in January on a torrent site and did not catch it in time.. had to reformat my hard drive and start all over. Hope you have better luck than that.

I was using AVG Free and it did not catch it. Switched to Avast Free and so far it seems to be working OK (Have not been back to the site where I think I picked it up except on my Linux laptop...

Good Luck

PS If it is IS2010 there are various sites that have the links and instructions on how to get rid of it. Like I said, I was too slow.
docdavid49 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Be VERY careful looking for a program to download.

There are lots of phony antimalware programs out there that are actually malware in themselves. When you google looking for a valid antimalware program, there will be a lot of "lookalike" programs with slightly different names or even the same name. There are malware programs that buy google ads that trigger when you search for a legitimate program.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
tkdbf
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Do you have everything you need backed up? If you do, the best thing to do is wipe it out and start from scratch. Once you get a virus, malware, spyware, etc. it's more of a pain trying to completely wipe it out than just starting over with a clean hard drive.
tkdbf is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Nasty2ude
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Big C, I know you don't want to spend the $, but I would recommend System Mechanic Pro. It guards against viruses and malware and has good assortment of other tools, as well. It cost around $40.00, but well worth the price. I havn't had a problem w/viruses or malware since I installed. I have been using close to a year now. You can try it free for thirty days. You can download from the site www.iolo.com or purchase at places like Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. I should also mention, that you renew it every year, but they offer discounts if you renew early.
Nasty2ude is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Best way to get rid of the spyware is to physically remove the drive and connect to another computer that has malware bytes installed and up to date. Then do a full scan of the hard drive. This method has worked for me many times. Vey easy if your HD is sata.
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Hard drives are cheap these days.

One good thing to do is periodically clone your hard disk to another hard disk. Then if you really get your boot disk seriously screwed up, you can load the clone disk and you're at least back to the level of setup that you had before the crash.

Whatever you do, be sure to have a restore disk to reload your computer if you have to. Some computers don't come with a system restore disk to reload windows these days, but you can run a utility that creates restore disks for you. Be sure not to lose track of the disks.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
Sensei
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Download this on a clean computer and burn to cd, I have used it many times: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Rescue-Disk.shtml. It can
Sensei is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #9
BIG C
Ambassador

Thanks everyone.....One of my friends knows a whiz kid who came around and fixed things for me (or so it seems).....He was able to remove the bad program (I think it was one of those fake anti-malware that is actually malware) and he ran a valid one that cleaned and removed the bad files....Took several hours to fix things (which is why a thread went haywire today while I was offline).....They really need to pass a law okaying it for us to just shoot people who create these friggen viruses.....
BIG C is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #10
cajunmac
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 26

Go here: http://www.eset.com/online-scanner
Can also try this: http://www.superantispyware.com

I do this for a living.
cajunmac is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
Blazer57
Gaining Momentum

Big C I feel you. I have removed these for several of my friends and it's tuff sometimes. But I find that Norton Antivirus will almost allways keep them off. But it's 40.00 a year.
Blazer57 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #12
BIG C
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer57 View Post
Big C I feel you. I have removed these for several of my friends and it's tuff sometimes. But I find that Norton Antivirus will almost allways keep them off. But it's 40.00 a year.
Unfortunately Norton was absolutely useless against this one.....I deleted it from my harddrive and the fucking thing reinstalled itself and continued to infect files on my 'puter.....When my friend sent over the 17 year old vunderkind, it took him all of about 3 minutes to isolate and destroy the virus, then he ran a malware scan on my 'puter that found the infected files and removed them.....That took about 3 hours to do, but it worked and I'm up n running without all that crap.....

BTW, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but the Malware got on my 'puter when I tried to watch that Erin Andrews Peephole video (had seen it once before but was showing it to a friend that said he hadn't seen it).....So my advice would be to NOT try to watch that video unless you want to have your 'puter infected with that shit.....
BIG C is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #13
frikinout75
Account Disabled

Download malware bytes onto a storage card from some other computer. Start your computer in safe mode (as the computer is rebooting hit the f8 key) Click safe mode with Networking press enter Log in as you normally do, pull up the my computer icon and click on the drive you downloaded malware onto. When malware opens download and run the program. Do a complete scan, when it is through it will quarantine them, select delete all and restart your computer normally and all should be well. Done it a thousand times without problems.
frikinout75 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
frikinout75
Account Disabled

you can get malware bytes for free on their site
frikinout75 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Since there are so many scam sites trying to trick you to download malware when you go looking for anti-malware sites, here are known good links to real anti-malware sites.

Spybot Search and Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

AVG Antivirus
http://free.avg.com/download-avg-ant...s-free-edition

Adaware
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Trend Micro online free scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Comodo Firewall and other security tools
http://www.comodo.com

Zonealarm firewall
http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-firewall.htm