Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47596
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Guest011214
Account Disabled

User ID: 101954
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Health Insurance??? Help!

My COBRA is getting ready to expire and Blue Cross is denying me.

I need good insurance quick! my the end of sept.

I am healthy but I have a few health problems that make them reject me

anyone in the industry that can give advice? I know obamacare is coming
but I don't have 2 grand a month to pay for what I hear will be crappy insurance
Guest011214 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Guest091013-1
Account Disabled

You may want to try KHIA (http://www.khiastatepool.com/) if you have been rejected for coverage. Your timing couldn't have been worse on COBRA expiration, since starting Jan 1 everyone will have the choice of buying from the Affordable Care pool and you will have that gap to cover. Insert deep, disappointing sigh here.
Guest091013-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Guest011214
Account Disabled

User ID: 101954
My ECCIE Reviews

do u mean the high risk pool?
I hear obamacare will be expensive and poor care.....so scared
Guest011214 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Guest092813
Account Disabled

User ID: 4547
My ECCIE Reviews

Most insurance companies will be glad to have you if you don't have any major medical issues.
Oops, just saw you were denied by BCBS. Try Humana. They are a bit more relaxed on who qualifies.
Guest092813 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
BobsAlias
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I thought insurance companies were no longer allowed to deny you for pre-existing conditions... per the Affordable Care Act?

The cost of care for people without insurance will depend on if your state political turds decide to opt in to the federal program & get the federal $. If not, then yes, the cost will be higher. What about Medicaid? You can claim as little income as you want, right?
BobsAlias is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #6
Helicopter206
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

http://coventryhealthcare.com/

They have some great deals.
they also have a lot of different packages.
Helicopter206 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
cactus fruit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Sometimes local hospitals carry their own health insurance and they also cover out of network areas for an extra fee.
cactus fruit is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/heal...cy/calculator/

Interesting calculator. Not sure where she got her 2000 a month. Must only watch Fox news or CNN. LOL
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
Adeptus32
You Should Be Kneeling

Encounters: 35

There is a lot of misinformation out there about "Obamacare." First, it's not one policy. There are a wide variety of coverage types available, and they are provided by private insurers like Blue Cross, Cigna, Kaiser, United Health, etc. they are not provided by the government. Second, for most people, coverage will improve. For instance:
- The reforms require insurance to cover pre-existing conditions (you cannot be denied or overcharged for this)
- You cannot be dropped if you develop a medical condition
- Deductibles and annual out of pocket expenses caps will be lower than most current plans
- Plans will be required to cover many things most currently don't, including a lot of preventive care services, maternity and pre-natal services, prescription drugs, etc.

This really effects mostly those who are purchasing health insurance in the individual market. If you receive your coverage through your employer or a group, it will be unchanged. Depending on your age, health status, and location, this means that your insurance premiums may increase or decrease, but even in the case of an increase, you should consider that quality and amount of coverage has also increased.

Finally, there are subsidies available to help offset the costs for those who cannot afford it. If you make less than 400% of the federal poverty level, assistance is available to pay some or all of your premiums.

It's not an ideal plan, but it's certainly not the demonized thing you hear about from conservative sources. If you don't qualify or participate in a group or employer provided plan, investigate your available options in your state. I think you will find your coverage has improved.

-adeptus-
Adeptus32 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
ICTguy32
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Adeptus - I am not going to get into a potically charged fight regarding your post however and overwhelming majority of the current individual and group health insurance contract cover the preventive services you say they don't. second, deductible and out of pocket expenses will not be lower than exisiting individual and group plans. the group market is being dramatically affected by the PPACA regulations in a negative way. that is why premiums are increasing between 70 and 75 in Indiana, as an example.

getting back to the question at hand from Angel in KC. if she has been denied by BCBSKS then I would recommend she looks into Coventry they have "CoventryOne" individual policies. United Healthcare enterred the Kansas market a short while ago and that might also be an option.

the state's high risk pool is an option but I don't even hear compliments about it from those enrolled.
ICTguy32 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
BottomFeederKC
Tequila?

Encounters: 177

Shouldn't this be in the Sandbox or Co-Ed?
BottomFeederKC is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #12
Smoking Monkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

I know two people enrolled in the Kansas High Risk Pool and they pay $1000 per month with a very high deductible....horrible insurance! Isn't the KHRP supposed to go away Jan 2014?
Smoking Monkey is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

It makes sense that the KHRP would go away.

The increases in premiums in the last year or 2 were adjustments because of insurance companies having to cover pre existing conditions and can't charge more for high risk. This will level out. Sucks for everyone, but for those that couldn't get coverage before then it will be a huge help. People forget that insurance isn't to pay for your normal medical costs, it is for that $100,000 procedure that most can't afford. Then they go bankrupt and the medical system eats it. So we pay for it anyway since that is all rolled up into the premiums because hospitals charge more for services since they get stuck with the bill a lot of times.

Is this new system perfect? Probably not. But it is better than nothing which is what we will have for at least 10 years if it gets repealed. It will become a battle again, back and forth, and may never get done again for a very long time. If it gets repealed you bet it won't happen for at least 3 more years, until "IF" a Republican is elected. Then 2-3 years "IF" they can get their plan into law. Then 2-3 years to implement, maybe more.

I don't give 2 shits if it is a Dem plan or a Rep plan. Just git er done and make it work. At the end of the day the Reps want their plan so they can say they "fixed Healthcare" This sets them up for years maybe decades of support. It wasn't pretty but the Dems beat them to it finally. The time is now to see how this plays out, and work to make it better in the future.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
DestinyInKC
Account Disabled

User ID: 141470
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't know a lot about it, but I have obamacare for free somehow though my stepdads work.. it is free for me till I am 26 and it is the best thing ever. They have paid all of my medical bills including paying for everything that has had to do with my major heart problems. My major heart problems are now a minor thing and I am very greatful for it.. Like I said I don't really know how it works or anything about it, but I am very lucky because if obamacare wouldn't have helped me I could NOT have afforded it on my own and it was a possible life threating problem with my heart.
DestinyInKC is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
JS42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

It may be free for you Destiny, but someone is paying for it. It is fairly easy to figure out who in the long run, no disrespect intended. Those who is in favor of Obamacare can defend it and explain it all you want, but it's ultimate goal is one thing. Single payer system where the government can take full control over a huge portion of the economy.

America is changing, and not for the better.
JS42 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women