Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 249
Top Posters
DallasRain70445
biomed160801
Yssup Rider60165
gman4452964
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40393
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35527
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
kidnitro
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Congressional Reform Act

This just makes too much sense whether you are far right, in the middle, or far left. Can we all agree? It will be interesting to read everyone's comments.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

Congressional Reform Act of 2010

1. Term Limits.

12 years only, one of the possible options below..

A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

kidnitro is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
jac01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

I like it. But you're right, it makes too much sense to ever be enacted.
jac01 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

I agree with all but one of these premises. "Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office." I would extend this provision to state that "no Congressman shall collect a salary engaging in lobbying activities for a period of six (6) years after leaving office."

I would like to see the term limits as an amendment to the Constitution - it's the only way it'll be enforced.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I like all but the term limits, since that infringes on the right of the people to vote for who they want. If a state wants to elect a Ted Kennedy or Orrin Hatch for life, they should be able to. But I could live with it to get the rest of Act. But if the rest of the Act were adopted, those types of people probably wouldn't be interested. The only ones who would want to run for office would be those who wanted to serve the people. *GASP* Could we handle that?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
MuffLuver
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

I like - especially the term limits. The prez has term limits, so should capital hill! But what about those federal judges ...
MuffLuver is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
kcmark
Gaining Momentum

I like all the ideas...have long said if we have presidential term limits then we need
sen/cong term limits...I would add they get an hourly wage instead of salary and the wage is whatever is the minimum wage!!! They think we the people can live on it let them live on it also....and as far as housing which they all say they must maintain 2
residences, Build them barracks just like officer housing in the military....And they must pay thier staff out of there on pocket not government money...
kcmark is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #7
john_galt
Valued Poster

Someone sent that a few days ago and I have a few suggestions; I would limit Representatives to only eight years and Senators to two six year terms. I would require a two year sit out between offices. I have always hated when pols use their offices as stepping stones to more power. Have them wait two years before they can run for another office. Since these bozos represent a state why not have the states themselves cover the cost of their offices rather the bottomless federal budget. Hillary Clinton, as Senator, had one of the most expensive offices in the Senate which we paid for. Let her and people like go to their state capital and ask for money hat in hand. One more thing; any money made by a representative using their (the people's) office to make money (endorsements, speeches, public appearances) shall be taxed at a rate of 50%. Share and share alike!
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #8
nsafun05
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

I think it should be added that congress is only in session for one week out of the year. That way they won't have much time to f*ck things up.
nsafun05 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Oh Lord where did you Copy and Paste that from?

1. Term limits: None needed. Vote out the bad ones and keep the experienced ones. Would you want term limits for airline pilots or doctors? No.

2. None of them have tenure now. This makes no sense.

3, 4. Not exactly revolutionary...meh. Hello Captain Obvious!

5. Wouldn't that be a pay raise? Don't they already have an automatic pay raise unless they vote against it?

6. This sounds eerily similar to the "public option" proposal from a long, long time ago. (last year)

7. They already do, Captain obvious! (Except getting out of speeding tickets if they're on their way to vote. I'd just expand that to all Americans, LOL!)

8. This sounds like it was written by a guy in a contract with a Congressman, doesn't it. What if out fine Congresspeople have mortgages and car loans? Do they just get to keep that shit? That's not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnitro View Post
This just makes too much sense whether you are far right, in the middle, or far left. Can we all agree? It will be interesting to read everyone's comments.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

Congressional Reform Act of 2010

1. Term Limits.

12 years only, one of the possible options below..

A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
john_galt
Valued Poster

Great job monger, no input just snark!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #11
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Reform

In a Democracy your vote counts.
Under feudalism your count votes.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
Great job monger, no input just snark!
CHAIN LETTERS ARE FALSE UNTIL PROVEN TRUE.

In this case, the chain letter was mostly full of BS that the author thought was profound instead of outright lies. TeaBaggers are big on doing this. They think they've come up with a brilliant solution; except the problem has already been solved, the problem doesn't exist, or their solution is so obvious that a 3 year old could have thought of it.

Of course I may be wrong. That's why I asked the (still unanswered) question about the origins of the Congressional Reform Act.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
john_galt
Valued Poster

If it makes you feel any better http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=66413

You missed the important point though; it doesn't matter where the ideas came from it does indicate what is on people's minds. Is some of this stuff already covered? Yes, but congress has a way of getting around complicated laws (which is their specialty). This "act", a proposal really, tries to make it so simple that there is very little wiggle room for corrupt officials. What is simpler than having a law that says

"ANY law passed by Congress, or REGULATION passed by a government agency (edit), or any REGULATION passed by an agency contracted to the government shall apply to ALL AMERICAN Citizen's without exception."

That didn't even take one page much less 50 or 60 pages. Can anyone find any wiggle room? If so, then make the correction and show Longer. The main point is that we, the people, have had enough of the crap going on in DC in our name. Maybe I should be more accurate, enough people are fed up with the crap. There are still some out there, and you know who your are, that still love their crap sandwiches and they post on this board.

You see how easy it is to try to be helpful...
Old 10-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

john can you post anything without naming a dem if you could it would make you seem real & not just a winner
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:38 AM   #15
john_galt
Valued Poster

What dem???? Please take your meds.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women