Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160955
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453024
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47733
pyramider46370
bambino40441
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2023, 06:51 PM   #1
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default So called free speech advocates vote to censure...

One of the republicans in here recently said: "Not for long... if you and your fellow censorship-minded, anti-free speech, First Amendment-hating wokesters have your way!"They were insinuating that it's the democrats who hate freedom of speech and the First Amendment, and the republicans who stand up for it. A look at the recent congressional vote to censure Rashida Tlaib demonstrates that the exact opposite is true. Around 98% of the republicans voted to censure her while around 90% of the democrats voted not to. So much for the idea that republicans love free speech.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:45 PM   #2
lustylad
BANNED

Awww thanks, 1pitt!

Time to roll out my DeNiro imitation:

Word of advice: If you're going to quote another eccie poster, use the quote button or have the balls to call him out by name. I'm lustylad, remember? You have my permission to address me directly. Just say "Lustylad, you recently said..." How hard is that?

And just to clarify, I'm not a republican. Not that it's any of your fucking business but I'm actually registered as a democrat. Why would you presume to know my political affiliation? Good grief!

As for the substance of your OP, it's obvious you don't understand the difference between "censure" and "censor". Two very different words with two entirely different meanings. If you censure someone you are merely expressing your disapproval of something they said or did. If you censor someone you are permanently silencing them.

Rashida Tlaib is still free to spout her hate-filled, anti-Semitic tirades from the Capitol steps. And members of Congress are still free to express and register their disapproval of her evil, wacko support for the genocidal baby beheaders of Hamas.

Far from wanting to censor her, I suspect many Republicans are really trying to egg her on. Then they can run campaign ads showing her spouting her ugly, slobbering, Jew-hating rhetoric and say "see? this is what you get when you vote for democrats!"

There is a quote that is arguably attributed to Voltaire. Do you agree with it? Do you even understand the nuances of free speech and our First Amendment rights?

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:08 PM   #3
mtnitlion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Republican Party is a weakened party due to trumps dragging them down. Can’t believe they’re not smart enough to see that and do something about it.
mtnitlion is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:22 PM   #4
lustylad
BANNED

Who said anything about Trump? You're way off topic. Again.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:00 AM   #5
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnitlion View Post
Republican Party is a weakened party due to trumps dragging them down. Can’t believe they’re not smart enough to see that and do something about it.
It's all quite ridiculous, their pathetic fealty to such a crybaby, spoiled rich, wannabe fascist and traitor. A total embarrassment and a stain on this country. But it does make the rise of Hitler understandable.

Republicans have zero interest in freedom of speech. They've literally been fighting the free press for the past 7+ years.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:38 AM   #6
Dr-epg

Encounters: 45

Gentlemen please get back on topic
Dr-epg is online now   Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 11:57 AM   #7
mtnitlion
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-epg View Post
Gentlemen please get back on topic
I’m sorry but wasn’t the topic about republicans.
Isn’t trump a Republican? I’ll grant you he is a poor one but that’s his registration.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:59 AM   #8
mtnitlion
Valued Poster

Or did I just cause someone’s panties to get in a bunch by mentioning the fuhrer.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:40 PM   #9
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

No the topic was the censure of Rashida Tlalib and the Republican Congresspeople who voted in favor of that censure. Last I checked Trump is not a member of Congress, so he had absolutely nothing to do with censuring Tlalib.

And like lustylad said, this matter also has absolutely nothing to do with free speech or the First Amendment. The First Amendment does not make you immune from criticism or rebuke. Censure is just a formal rebuke of a Comgreesperson.
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:44 PM   #10
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

No the topic was the censure of Rashida Tlalib and the Republican Congresspeople who voted in favor of that censure. Last I checked Trump is not a member of Congress, so he had absolutely nothing to do with censuring Tlalib.

And like lustylad said, this matter also has absolutely nothing to do with free speech or the First Amendment. The First Amendment does not make you immune from criticism or rebuke. Censure is just a formal rebuke of a Congressperson
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:20 PM   #11
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
But it does make the rise of Hitler understandable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnitlion View Post
Or did I just cause someone’s panties to get in a bunch by mentioning the fuhrer.

Whoa... two Hitler references already. Kinda early for Godwin's Law, dontcha think?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godw...approaches%201.

Perhaps you should ask the OP if this thread has anything to do with Adolf?
Old 11-29-2023, 01:31 PM   #12
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Republicans have a robust interest in freedom of speech. They've literally been fighting the fake-news press for the past 7+ years.
FTFY, tommy.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:11 PM   #13
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
FTFY, tommy.
Nice try. In actuality, they label it "fake news" because it doesn't suit their fancy. Damn near everything trump called "fake news" over those 4 years has turned out to be 100% true. Like, him losing the election, for example. He lies every time his mouth is open.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:31 PM   #14
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Damn near everything trump called "fake news" over those 4 years has turned out to be 100% true.
^^^ Do me a favor and in future try to avoid ridiculous sweeping generalizations like this.

The Steele dossier was proven to be fake news.

Hunter's laptop was authenticated as real.

Question for tommy - Which one was censored and by whom?
Old 11-29-2023, 06:34 PM   #15
tommy156
BANNED

trump told well over 30,000 lies or misleading claims in 4 years. It's not a "sweeping generalization". It's true. All part of the public record. That's over 20 per day. He lies every time his mouth moves.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...ears-by-trump/

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women