Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453024
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47732
pyramider46370
bambino40438
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-26-2023, 09:41 AM   #1
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69
Default Newsmax, Mr. Trump, and AT&T

DirecTV, which is owned by AT&T and private equity firm TPG Capital, said it dropped Newsmax, which frequently broadcasts Trump's political rallies live, over the channel's "demands for rate increases" for its carriage fees—money cable and satellite TV providers pay to broadcasters for their content—which would have resulted in higher costs for customers.

And here is what Mr. Trump puts out about this:

In a post on Truth Social, the former president said the company's decision to remove the news network from the airwaves was "disgusting" and a "big blow" to the Republican Party.

"WOW. AT&T DIRECTV REMOVES NEWSMAX FROM ITS CHANNEL LINEUP. This disgusting move comes after 'deplatforming' OAN last year," Trump said.

"The Radical Left seems to have taken over the mind and soul of AT&T. This is a big blow to the Republican Party, and to America itself. For DIRECTV to drop very popular NEWSMAX, without explanation, will not be accepted.

Well, it was explained already Plus more explanation:

DirecTV said in a statement that "on multiple occasions, we made it clear to Newsmax" that it wanted to broadcast the network, but their demands were too high. The provider added that customers can still watch Newsmax for free via the channel's website, YouTube, or other streaming services such as Amazon Fire TV and Roku.

Other Republican figures have also condemned DirecTV's decision to drop Newsmax.

So a business decision is turned into an issue with “the Radical Left”. You can be sure if Mr. Trump was negotiating broadcast carriage fees, and demands for rate increases, he would be singing a different tune. He would probably sue them for something.

No wonder American politics is so screwed up since Mr.. Trump arrived. God help the Republicans being eaten away by Mr. Trump.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:53 AM   #2
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I am about as Republican as you can get, I have DirectTV, but I can’t recall ever watching one second of NewsMax.

I don’t even know what channel it is.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 03:05 PM   #3
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Wait! WUT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
DirecTV, which is owned by AT&T and private equity firm TPG Capital, said it dropped Newsmax, which frequently broadcasts Trump's political rallies live, over the channel's "demands for rate increases" for its carriage fees—money cable and satellite TV providers pay to broadcasters for their content—which would have resulted in higher costs for customers...
Sorry. I was all the way over the other side of the room. Are you saying Direct TV/ATT do NOT pay higher fees to other (lesser) channels that have a higher fee yet a lower audience? Is that what you are saying?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 03:56 PM   #4
VitaMan
Valued Poster

This is what is being said:

"DirecTV, which is owned by AT&T and private equity firm TPG Capital, said it dropped Newsmax, which frequently broadcasts Trump's political rallies live, over the channel's "demands for rate increases" for its carriage fees—money cable and satellite TV providers pay to broadcasters for their content—which would have resulted in higher costs for customers."
Old 01-26-2023, 04:52 PM   #5
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Sorry. I was all the way over the other side of the room. Are you saying Direct TV/ATT do NOT pay higher fees to other (lesser) channels that have a higher fee yet a lower audience? Is that what you are saying?
I’m sure they do. But that’s likely due to some of those channels being part of the packet of other channels. Or some channels likely actually bring in vieweers ie kid channels.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:06 PM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Got volume on Mute much?

This is also being said:

...DirecTV pays cable license fees to all top 75 cable channels and to all 22 liberal news and information channels it carries. Almost all of these channels are paid hefty license fees significantly more than Newsmax was seeking — and despite the fact that most of the channels have much lower ratings than Newsmax...

Seems a little like a blatant act of political discrimination and censorship against Newsmax, don't ya think? You did catch how AT&T showed some TDS by mentioning Trump rallies. Right?
Old 01-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #7
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Wrong again. AT&T did not mention that.

But your attempts are worthy of being a Trump cult member.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:27 PM   #8
pittlicker
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Many are still drinking the kool aid
pittlicker is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:39 PM   #9
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

They should just do a boss move like elon and buy themselves a bit of the spectrum.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:33 AM   #10
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Wrong again. AT&T did not mention that.

But your attempts are worthy of being a Trump cult member.

AT&T could also not be telling the truth, it is a common practice for liberals.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 04:13 AM   #11
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Sure. But it’s 99% more likely that they are canceling Newsmax for the exact reason they say. Newsmax could stay on the air by accepting what fees they were previously receiving. Or they could lower their fees if they wanted to prove AT&T was acting in a political rather than financial way.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:23 AM   #12
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Will it go round in circles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Sure. But it’s 99% more likely that they are canceling Newsmax for the exact reason they say. ..
Yet if Musk says the government is involved in Tyranny via censorship, ya'll say he is lieing and hiding info/data. Yall progressive are a silly bunch - at best. I wonder, do thing that bounce vex you terribly? I'm guessing a yo-yo must be beguiling as all get out. No doubt revolving doors are beyond all ya'lls comprehension.

Old 01-27-2023, 07:20 AM   #13
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default So you're saying what you're not saying about what they're saying..

Quote:
This is what is being said:

"DirecTV, which is owned by AT&T and private equity firm TPG Capital, said it dropped Newsmax, which frequently broadcasts Trump's political rallies live, over the channel's "demands for rate increases" for its carriage fees—money cable and satellite TV providers pay to broadcasters for their content—which would have resulted in higher costs for customers."
My bad, because I thought you said they did not say: which frequently broadcasts Trump's political rallies live

Old 01-27-2023, 07:52 AM   #14
VitaMan
Valued Poster

AT&T did not say that. Unfortunately you are not able to comprehend the paragraph. The writer said that.
Old 01-27-2023, 07:53 AM   #15
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
AT&T could also not be telling the truth, it is a common practice for liberals.

"They are lying."

The typical reply from the Trump cult. Is it page 24 of the playbook ?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women