Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59997
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Election Results

Looks like the election when the way everyone had been predicting. House goes red and the senate stays blue. I had kind of thought that if Sharon Angle would have beat Reid(at 11:30 he was in the lead), she would have provided a substantial amount of entertainment in the senate. Not sure if it would have been a benefit to the country.

Bachman has said that when they take control of the House, she will hold non-stop investigations of the White House for every action they've taken in the last two years. I hope saner minds don't give her the power to do that.

Boehner called the election a repudiatin of Washington, big government and politicians who don't listen. He could have said the same thing in 2006 when they lost the house.

My guess is that Washington will continue to do the same thing they've always done, run up the debt, give special favors to lobbyists. Basically, business as usual.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
kcmark
Gaining Momentum

God help us all!!!!!!!!!! Agent Orange has finally mutated from a defoiliant in Vietnam, to a live congressman who is poised to become Speaker, at which time a huge cloud of our favorite defoilinat despenses itself to wipe out America!!!!!! How can you people vote for a party that says as part of its new contract with America that they will not compromise!!!! Good politics is all about the compromise!!!!
kcmark is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

KCJoe, if you were wanting pure entertainment value, I don't think Christine O'Donnell could have been beat. But, with Angle, could you imagine the savings to Americans if a heart transplant only cost 4 chickens and a goat. Yes Medicare would have their shipping costs go through the roof, but overall it would be cheaper. Then we would have to spend more on census forms to include the following ethic group: Hispanics that look Asian, but are really Hispanic. On a side note the circus of Reid and Pelosi has been plenty entertaining as well. Entertaining like watching a train wreck. I just hope the Dems do not maintain Pelosi as minority speaker. I don't want to have to look at her anymore.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
KCJoe
Valued Poster

I don't think it was Angle who proposed trading chickens for medical care. It was the other lady that Angle beat in the primary.

As far as O'Donnell, I think the old boys in the Senate would have stuck her in a closet somewhere and the only time she'd be seen was when they needed her vote.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I guess you all don't like CHANGE
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Why I am happy this morning

No more political ads for awhile.

The people have spoken and that is the way it works here so we live with it.

I wont miss Pelosi. If there had been a more credible candidate Harry would have gone down also. He better learn to say Muchas Gracias in every sentence.

Find some things that all agree on and pass some good legislation and go from there. Whenever you make a list of things to do you do the simple first and not the hard. Then you build momentum and confidence.

I would move to a blue state but the taxes are too high.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #7
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
Sure we do. Just wait until we change the filibuster rules at the start of the next Senate. You talk like the House Republicans are going to get any bill passed that they want. Did you forget about the...

????
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnipdipper View Post
No more political ads for awhile.

The people have spoken and that is the way it works here so we live with it.

I wont miss Pelosi. If there had been a more credible candidate Harry would have gone down also. He better learn to say Muchas Gracias in every sentence.

Find some things that all agree on and pass some good legislation and go from there. Whenever you make a list of things to do you do the simple first and not the hard. Then you build momentum and confidence.

I would move to a blue state but the taxes are too high.
Yep we will get a break from the ads for about a year and then the 2012 shit starts all over again, I agree I hated Pelosi, not because she was a Dem but because she was stupid, I mean her speaches were freaking awful, I mean come on guys, Palin's a twit too but lord, she looks like a freaking Einstien compared to Pelosi, and Reid should have gone, this is what I talk about when I say that the GOP will lose in 2012 because they do not have anyone to run, they could have had a win in NV but they shit that opportunity away. The only real positive to me is that the make up of the GOP seems to be changing a little bit with the election of some young black republicans and more women. Maybe if we keep replacing the old blood in the GOP and the DNC we can get a new generation of leadership that is more representative of the new America and more MODERATE in ideology, if we could get both parties to pull back towards the middle even a little bit, we would be much better off as a nation.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
Sure we do. Just wait until we change the filibuster rules at the start of the next Senate. You talk like the House Republicans are going to get any bill passed that they want. Did you forget about the...

????
Monger weren't you and your progressive/liberal buddies complaining about the party of "NO" which you labled the GOP, now it seems like your promoting the idea.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #10
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
Einstien

I rest my case.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Monger weren't you and your progressive/liberal buddies complaining about the party of "NO" which you labled the GOP, now it seems like your promoting the idea.
The minority party always plays defense. I didn't label anybody. There IS a difference between using the Presidential veto and abusing the filibuster rules.

Senate Democrats had to make deals with the Independents to reach 60 instead of just a simple majority. Why shouldn't House Republicans have to reach a supermajority to overcome a veto? Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #12
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
How did you feel in 2006? I kind of wish that the republicans had stayed in charge. Don't think this economy would have been any better.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #13
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Quote:
The minority party always plays defense. I didn't label anybody. There IS a difference between using the Presidential veto and abusing the filibuster rules.

Senate Democrats had to make deals with the Independents to reach 60 instead of just a simple majority. Why shouldn't House Republicans have to reach a supermajority to overcome a veto? Good for the goose, good for the gander.

But if you enter the conversation with the idea that your going to veto any legislation you are no different than the people you complained about. Simple point and a simple concept.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Quote:

I rest my case.
Is the the best you can do pointing out a spelling error rather than address the conversation. Seems like you ducked the statement but then again you do that alot and then you say your done and leave, coming back weeks later to the belief that you won the debate.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #15
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Is the the best you can do pointing out a spelling error rather than address the conversation. Seems like you ducked the statement but then again you do that alot and then you say your done and leave, coming back weeks later to the belief that you won the debate.
When you call somebody stupid...don't be stupid yourself. It undercuts your argument.

You also used the word 'speaches' while you were criticizing Pelosi's speeches. I think I'll side with the communication ability of the former Speaker, not you.

The rest of you post wasn't worthy of my response, but I'll do it since you requested it. In short, you're dead wrong. The 'Young Guns' from the Tea Parties are not going to lead to a more MODERATE Congress.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women