Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60173
gman4452967
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47662
pyramider46370
bambino40402
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Ten Reasons to Choose Ron Paul over Obama

Interesting article. Of course, there are many more reasons to choose Dr. Paul, these are just the top ten.

http://www.naturalnews.com/034630_Ro..._liberals.html

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
timpage
Account Disabled

Ron Paul is a dangerous, unelectable, isolationist lunatic who would throw the entire world economy into chaos by eliminating the fed and going to a gold standard. He's nuts, he'll never be president. Thank God.

All that having been said, I agree with him on a few things. We should get out of Afghanistan, we should make drugs legal, available and taxable, and we should close Gitmo.

And I suspect that Obama is for all of those things as well.....but actually doing any of those things is not nearly as simple as the good Doctor makes it sound.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Sound money makes him a lunatic. Ok. Whatever.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Ron Paul is a dangerous, unelectable, isolationist lunatic who would throw the entire world economy into chaos by eliminating the fed and going to a gold standard. He's nuts, he'll never be president. Thank God.

All that having been said, I agree with him on a few things. We should get out of Afghanistan, we should make drugs legal, available and taxable, and we should close Gitmo.

And I suspect that Obama is for all of those things as well.....but actually doing any of those things is not nearly as simple as the good Doctor makes it sound.
+1

Except for the legalization of drugs - most of today's illicit drugs need to remain illegal. The social costs of enforcing drug laws might be high, but the social costs of legalizing those drugs would also be high. And POWs are POWs; they are not covered by the provisions of the Constitution.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Ron Paul is an isolationist and so am I. I'm not for taking it as far as Paul wants to, but that's what compromise is all about. I agree with a lot of his tenets though I wouldn't close Gitmo. If they weren't terrorists when they were brought to Gitmo, they are now.

Unless it is very, very close the Texas primary, I'll not vote in the primary. The law in Texas is that if you vote in the primary, you cannot sign the petition to get in Indy on the general election ballot.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

Mr Paul goes to Kroger and buys a basket of staples. At checkout he shoves a 50lb gold brick at the cashier and says .. "I'll take my change in Krugerrands.

Uh HUH !
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
+1

Except for the legalization of drugs - most of today's illicit drugs need to remain illegal. The social costs of enforcing drug laws might be high, but the social costs of legalizing those drugs would also be high. And POWs are POWs; they are not covered by the provisions of the Constitution.
It seems so simple and obvious: legalize drugs and you take the enormous profits out of drug-dealing. Take out the profit, you get rid of not only the criminal American drug-dealers, you get rid of the maddog drug cartels down south. You don't have to pay to incarcerate the millions of Americans arrested and/or convicted of drug offenses who move through the US criminal justice system year after year, decade after decade. You don't have cops wasting half their time on-duty looking for and arresting some kid holding a couple of spliffs. Instead, they could spend their time doing real police work.

I've got a buddy who is a burglary detective in a major metropolitan police department. He's told me for years, that over 90% of the people he arrests for burglary and theft offenses are drug addicts stealing shit to buy drugs.

No more DEA, no more billions spent on enforcing unenforceable drug laws, no more flushing money down the toilet to Mexico, Columbia, and all the other drug-producing venues.

I'm also always mystified about how folks can think that alcohol being legal is OK but not drugs. Alcohol causes just as many social problems as drugs, probably more. What's the difference? Seems to me that if you think drugs should be illegal that you should think alcohol should be illegal. But, nobody advocates that position.

Somebody help me out here.....
Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Ron Paul is an isolationist and so am I. I'm not for taking it as far as Paul wants to, but that's what compromise is all about. I agree with a lot of his tenets though I wouldn't close Gitmo. If they weren't terrorists when they were brought to Gitmo, they are now.

Unless it is very, very close the Texas primary, I'll not vote in the primary. The law in Texas is that if you vote in the primary, you cannot sign the petition to get in Indy on the general election ballot.
The Texas primary will be interesting.....I predict Gingrich winning by a large margin, unless someone comes up with some photos of him with a goat. Actually, I take it back, I doubt that will make a difference to the average Texas GOP voter......that group that gave us the gift of Rick Perry, Boy Genius.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I'm also always mystified about how folks can think that alcohol being legal is OK but not drugs. Alcohol causes just as many social problems as drugs, probably more. What's the difference? Seems to me that if you think drugs should be illegal that you should think alcohol should be illegal. But, nobody advocates that position.

Somebody help me out here.....
It's not a matter of reconciliation. It’s realizing two ‘wrongs’ never make a ‘right’. Plus, there are still several, severe penalties for the improper use of alcohol. Which leads to the next point: is there a proper way to use c***k or m**h? Wouldn’t a retailer and the government – a government that receives revenue from and legitimizes the retailer’s right to sell the product – be held accountable for dependency related injuries and death? Certain drugs are notorious for causing the deaths of first time users. In regards to another illicit substance, how will the government regulate and tax a product that can be grown in a bathroom closet? ijs
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Mr. Paul is not an isolationist. to call him that is an unfair label. what he is a non-interventionist. There is a big difference between the two.

GWB, Obama, McCain, Clinton were all interventionist.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Reasons to pick Paul over Obama - 0

Reasons to pick Paul over others -
1. Herman Cain
2. Michele Bachmann
3. Mitt Romney
4. John Huntsman
5. Rick Perry
6. Rick Santorum
7. Tim Pawlenty
8. Newt Gingrich
9. Newt Gingrich
10. Newt Gingrich
11. Newt Gingrich
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You didn't read my post again, did you, Stevie?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women