Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 02-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default What is a Terrorist, and Are You One?

The answer may surprise you. Considering that the NDAA authorizes the President to imprison American citizens on American soil indefinitely, there would be a clear definition of what a terrorist is. Well, there isn't, so I guess the President can define a terrorist however he wants. Political opposition? Hmmm . . .

More about the law here:

http://inewp.com/?p=11166

Hey. Be careful out there!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I already have an FBI file. If I didn't get one with my security clearance then I got one when I bought three pistols in one day. That other stuff; veteran, gun owner, conservative, pro-life, and out spoken is just icing on the cake.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

LOL! The lefties (and a lot of righties) approve of this, but they are afraid to read it and comment. Yes, they are watching you, too!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

I guess the President can define a terrorist however he wants. Political opposition? Hmmm . . .

hint ... the president doesnt define who is and who isnt anything. Intel gathered by our intel sources decide who is and isnt of interest ... if anyone defined terrorist it was done under the bush admin by HS when this shit all began, citizen status be damned.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Blame it on GWB card. LOL
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Blame it on GWB card. LOL

I didnt blame anyone. When did Homeland Security begin?

connect the dots
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

DHS started after 9-11. O's buck does not stop at GWB. He has to put on some big boy pant's and start excepting some responsibilities. All he wants and y'all is to get relected. COOL. We will take the senate & house and gridlock this Goverment. Then buisness can make some money. Even you so called independents. It's all good.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

We might even win the presidentual election. It's OK though you will make a lot more money.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
I guess the President can define a terrorist however he wants. Political opposition? Hmmm . . .

hint ... the president doesnt define who is and who isnt anything. Intel gathered by our intel sources decide who is and isnt of interest ... if anyone defined terrorist it was done under the bush admin by HS when this shit all began, citizen status be damned.
HInt: The law gives the President the authority to decide who is and isn't a terrorist. No intel is needed. As such, anyone is a potential target, and there is no right to appeal the determination.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 AM   #10
Doc Holliday
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Doc Holliday is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
HInt: The law gives the President the authority to decide who is and isn't a terrorist. No intel is needed. As such, anyone is a potential target, and there is no right to appeal the determination.
I feel really so sorry for you, just the fact that you are not happy keeps me up in my dreams and my daily life.
My dog is the only one that tells me there is a better life after this!
He knows it.

I'm gonna favor my dogs wishes and eat at the best tai/indonesian restaurant in town!

waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #12
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The answer may surprise you. Considering that the NDAA authorizes the President to imprison American citizens on American soil indefinitely, there would be a clear definition of what a terrorist is. Well, there isn't, so I guess the President can define a terrorist however he wants. Political opposition? Hmmm . . .

More about the law here:

http://inewp.com/?p=11166

Hey. Be careful out there!
Once again posting links from questionable sources ala Mr Bill. Peruse the site and read the other opinion pieces by that nut job and you'll see another fear mongerer like crazy old guy. So where are some case backing up the scare tactics your using? 400 million citizens how many has the President targeted. Once again burden of proof on you and you come up empty handed, though I expect some snide sophomoric response.

http://www.republicansforobama.org/node/9821
'AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States

And.....

APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—

*** (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

*** (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

The detainee provisions in the bill do not include new authority for the permanent detention of suspected terrorists. The "existing law" is contained within the Patriot Act. *"

Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

HInt: The law gives the President the authority to decide who is and isn't a terrorist.

did that law magically appear after Obe got elected or was it on the books before he had a seat?

No intel is needed.

well hell, no wonder the prez is having a hard time dealing with the issuse at hand. Being a covert spy, running undercover ops, doing the CIA and FBI's jobs, listening to wiretaps and watching the WWWeb 24/7 365 must keep him pretty busy

eos
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

The law is the NDAA of 2012, the one President Obama refused to sign until the language allowing for the arrest and detainment of citizens was strong enough.

Sa_fartman. Please don't try to look smart, it doesn't work for you. Again, the law has been discussed at length in other threads. Please read the damn law. "the requirement to detain" doesn't apply to citizens. That means that detention is optional. At whose option? THE PRESIDENT'S OPTION. All the rest of the Act applies to American citizens on American soil.

Yeah. questionable sources. Like the ACLU, etc.

You are just the kind of blind, obedient citizens police states love.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
I feel really so sorry for you, just the fact that you are not happy keeps me up in my dreams and my daily life.
My dog is the only one that tells me there is a better life after this!
He knows it.

I'm gonna favor my dogs wishes and eat at the best tai/indonesian restaurant in town!

What makes you think I'm not happy? I'm happier now than I have ever been. It's a refreshing experience to be able to see things as they are. At times in my life I have forced myself to view reality through a Democrat lens, and later, a Republican lens. I know what it is like to have to twist events so my side would look good and the other bad. I don't do that anymore, and I have no rose-colored glasses that tell me that people will begin to love liberty again.

I have other things in life that I love and bring me joy. I don't like the system, but I'm not going to let it take me down. I'll voice my opinion, smile, and move on.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women