Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Questions for the Staff - Upstate New York
Questions for the Staff - Upstate New York Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 08-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27
Default Points

Could a mod please explain the point system? Basically, just curious how many points are needed for a ban. I would also like to know how many points are given out for which infractions?

I would like to know so I can commit a few more infractions without going over the edge. LOL

Can we be awarded point badges?
GP is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

Quote:
From vbulletin's website:

The User Infraction system is designed to automate the management of misbehaving users.

Infractions carry a point total that is awarded to users. When a user reaches pre-determined point levels, the user is given infraction groups. Infraction groups are set up to restrict the permissions of users.

The system can also be configured to institute automatic bans based on points or number of infractions received.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybax View Post
From vbulletin's website:
We do not discuss infractions, disciplinary actions or bans with other users.

I will say that ECCIE does have an infraction/point system in place as described in the quote above. When a user reaches a predetermined (by the owners) # of points the software issues a ban.
The point threshold is 25 points when the system issues auto ban. There is no publishable list to provide of possible offenses or thier point value. But if you are in the wrong, don't worry you will know about it.
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
GP
Premium Access

Cool, that means my next BS infraction means I am banned since I have 20 points. Thanks BB.

Seems sort of stupid to even have a point system if you don't have a publishable list. If you don't like someone, just ban them.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Violation Points Violation Points Speeding (MPH over speed limit not indicated) 3 Following too closely 4 Speeding (MPH over speed limit): Passing improperly, changing lanes unsafely, driving to the left of center, driving in the wrong direction 3 1 - 10 MPH 3

11 - 20 MPH 4 Failed to obey a traffic signal, a Stop sign, or a Yield sign 3 21 - 30 MPH 6 Railroad crossing violation 3 31 - 40 MPH 8 Failed to yield the right-of-way 3 More than 40 MPH 11 Passenger safety violation, including seat belt and child safety seat violations for passengers under the age of 16 3 Reckless driving 5 Left the scene of an accident that includes property damage or the injury of a domestic animal 3 Failed to stop for a school bus 5 Other moving violations 2 Inadequate brakes 4 Inadequate brakes (vehicle of an employer) 2 Improper cell phone use 2 Use of portable electronic device ("texting") 2

And per google you can buy points from yahoo shopping. But you can still get free from LE

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/license.htm#points
easier to read from link
mmmm are using NEW YORK or TEXAS points?
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

wow
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
cnym
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusbluto View Post
The point threshold is 25 points when the system issues auto ban. There is no publishable list to provide of possible offenses or thier point value. But if you are in the wrong, don't worry you will know about it.
Maybe it just depends on who the Mod is?? And if he like you or not, lol
Some Mods go from 0 to 25 points in 6 seconds!!!
The Judge, the Jury and the executioner, LOL

It is like the accelerate from 0 to 60 mph that is a commonly used performance measure for automotive acceleration!!
The Bugatti Veyron makes the 0 to 60 mph sprint in 2.5 seconds, and the Ultima GTR does it in 2.6 seconds,
cnym is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
GP
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnym View Post
Maybe it just depends on who the Mod is?? And if he like you or not, lol
Some Mods go from 0 to 25 points in 6 seconds!!!
The Judge, the Jury and the executioner, LOL
No worries cnym. We all know we have THE BEST mods here in Upstate NY. All other sections are jealous!
GP is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
guest111111
Ambassador

Some points are set, but generally as a rule they apply to first offenses... As we can imagine, there are those who will keep making the same errors in judgement over and over... as a result the points will increase for those offenses...
Believe it or not, points are only given after all mods in an area have discussed and reviewed each "case"... opinions that anyone may have regarding like or dislike do not ever come into play, and as has happened in the past, a mod may decide to recuse himself from disciplinary action (points or ban) in cases where his judgment may be influenced by personal opinions or outside influences...
As with all cases however, do not let postings of members who have received points cloud your judgement as to whether or not they may have deserved said infraction points... what often happens, as like with children, someone who has received these points may try to take their case public... without often giving the FULL details of why they may have received this infraction... As mods enforcing board policies, we do not give this information out, and i'm sure that no member on here would like for it to become public knowledge as to any exact reasons why they may or may not have received points or a ban...
I hope this clears up any confusion.
guest111111 is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
GP
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdave View Post
Believe it or not, points are only given after all mods in an area have discussed and reviewed each "case"... opinions that anyone may have regarding like or dislike do not ever come into play, and as has happened in the past, a mod may decide to recuse himself from disciplinary action (points or ban) in cases where his judgment may be influenced by personal opinions or outside influences...

REALLY? I CALL TOTAL AND UTTER BS. Unless of course things have changed since Jack stepped down. That is not what Jack told me before. Too bad I can't post the contents of our communications and prove myself, because then I would be violating a rule and get more points.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #10
guest111111
Ambassador

Once again your post is pointless... and is turning into another rant about how you feel wronged by the staff. You were given a simple explanation and answer to your question... I'm sorry you do not like that answer, but thats just way it is... You can think that you know how the board operates, and thats fine... if that makes you feel better, I'm glad.... have a great day... stay happy... but turning this again into some attack against the staff here... does no one any good...
Old 08-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #12
GP
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdave View Post
Once again your post is pointless... and is turning into another rant about how you feel wronged by the staff. You were given a simple explanation and answer to your question... I'm sorry you do not like that answer, but thats just way it is... You can think that you know how the board operates, and thats fine... if that makes you feel better, I'm glad.... have a great day... stay happy... but turning this again into some attack against the staff here... does no one any good...
No rant, just stating a fact (which of course I can't prove without breaking a rule). Don't see why you felt the need to butt in when BB had already handled the question just fine. No attack against anyone, but you sure do like to try and make it look that way. Do you feel morally superior being the victim?

Thanks for the advice OSD, I will have to go check it out.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
guest111111
Ambassador

Im just gonna sit back and watch the implosion... who's got the popcorn?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
GP
Premium Access

Lot's of salt and butter!
GP is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
canoodle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Well I just got 5 points for posting on a site over 30 days old....now how do I get them worked off? week, month, year, ever?
canoodle is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women