Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47732
pyramider46370
bambino40438
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Cunok
Registered Member

Post How do I hire a lawyer after I've asked to have a lawyer present?

Maybe this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find any relevant postings.

After reading all of ShysterJon's posts. I know I should ask to have a lawyer present before I talk to the cops.

Should I contact a criminal lawyer before I'm questioned/arrested? Will that look suspicious if I am arrested and it goes to prosecution? If I hire a lawer/firm beforehand, will someone show up at jail 2am in the morning?

If I don't hire a lawyer before being questioned/arrested by the cops, do I ask for a phonebook at the policestation? How does it work after you ask to have a lawyer present before answering any questions by the cops?
Cunok is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I've answered all those questions in various threads here and on ASPD over the past 10 years, but I've never written one comprehensive thread to answer the questions (1) SHOULD I hire a lawyer before I'm arrested (or at least know of a good one beforehand) ?, and (2) HOW do I find a good lawyer? I promised a member months ago that I would write such a thread but I've been busy lately traveling and banging my SB. But I promise to write the thread by Sun. 8-5-12. If I don't, you can all call me a lying mofo.

Of course, anything I write won't apply to Oklahoma. As I've written before, any hobbyist should freely and voluntarily confess all his sins to any cop he comes across because prostitution is legal in Oklahoma. Hook 'em.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Kloie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 87796
My ECCIE Reviews

Dang Shyster! I take the OJ Defense wherever I am , Including Oklahoma. I need a good traffic lawyer for texas! Please P.M. if you can help .
Kloie is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Cunok
Registered Member

I live in Oklahoma but I travel to Texas for weekend getaways.
Cunok is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
shlub
on sabbatical...

I'm looking forward to your post. Thanks!
shlub is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
sky_wire
Valued Poster

Sure it looks suspicious, but it may keep your ass out of prison. It looks even more suspicious feeding the police a line of BS. Plus, once you dish out a BS story, you're stuck on it. Any deviation is considered a lie. It's your Fifth Amendment right to have a lawyer present when dealing with the police. Cops never waive it when they step in shit. Why should you?

Oh, if you expect to be questioned/arrested, you should do the lawyer research NOW while you're out of jail.
sky_wire is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
LittleMiss
Account Disabled

User ID: 22398
My ECCIE Reviews

I have no dogs in this race but have been around long enough to see "keep your mouth shut" written over and over again. To me, that means exercise your right to have a lawyer present, and then SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

I always wondered how relaxed the laws were in OK. When I was in massage school, the teacher during our business class had examples of brochures that were all from OK, for therapists, and they were clearly advertising the hobby life.
LittleMiss is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
Steve1982
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Please use your right to remain silent and state that you want your attorney present. I do not know what your current status is, therefore PM me with details if you wish to have further discussions.
Steve1982 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunok View Post
Maybe this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find any relevant postings.

After reading all of ShysterJon's posts. I know I should ask to have a lawyer present before I talk to the cops.

Should I contact a criminal lawyer before I'm questioned/arrested? Will that look suspicious if I am arrested and it goes to prosecution? If I hire a lawer/firm beforehand, will someone show up at jail 2am in the morning?

If I don't hire a lawyer before being questioned/arrested by the cops, do I ask for a phonebook at the policestation? How does it work after you ask to have a lawyer present before answering any questions by the cops?
This is what I have been told.

It's always a good idea to hire a lawyer before being questioned. The lawyer will give you advise, which generally is don't talk to the police. You rarely, if ever help yourself, and you run the risk of admitting to facts or being charged with giving false information to the police.

Who cares what the cops think? They already believe you are guilty and just want you to admit it. The fact that you hired a lawyer and refused to waive your Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate yourself is not evidence of guilt and can't be used for that purpose. So get lawyered up.

Once you tell the cops you want to speak to a lawyer, the questioning is supposed to stop. You can try to contact a lawyer, but once they know that you are at a police station they will ask to speak to an officer and will want to know if you are under arrest or going to be arrested. BTW, they will want to be sure that you are speaking to them on an untaped line, for obvious reasons.

If you aren't going to be arrested then you should be allowed to leave. If you are going to be arrested, then the lawyer will tell you to still not talk and he/she will represent you during the court proceeding and will help you arrange for bail. It is rare that a lawyer shows up a police station at 2 a.m. unless it is a really, really big case. Most prostitution cases aren't really, really big cases.

So, the bottom line is don't voluntarily go to the police station without consulting a lawyer, who 99% of the time will tell you (a) don't go to the police station and (b) don't speak to the cops. Let them prove the case without your assistance.
awl4knot is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
Cunok
Registered Member

So far, I have no encounters with LE. I'm just asking so I can be prepared.

Given that I hobby when I travel, Legal Shield was recommended because they have a 24 hour lawyer hotline. Any thoughts about using Legal Shield to just back me when I take the 5th during questioning? And possibly get a better lawyer if it goes to court.
Cunok is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
Cunok
Registered Member

Oh, and thanks to everyone who replied.
Cunok is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunok View Post
Given that I hobby when I travel, Legal Shield was recommended because they have a 24 hour lawyer hotline. Any thoughts about using Legal Shield to just back me when I take the 5th during questioning? And possibly get a better lawyer if it goes to court.
Coincidentally, there was a recent discussion about LegalShield in this thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ht=legalshield

The OP of that thread, Phoenix Dawn, a provider, apparently made up a story in an attempt to derive income from readers signing up for the service. (In essence, she claimed that her SO was driving drunk in Plano and when pulled over, showed the officer his LegalShield card which caused the cop to let the driver go.) As pointed out in the thread, there have also been allegations that LegalShield is a scam. Googling "legalshield scam" results in hits like this:

http://www.mylegalshieldscam.com/

http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/l...legit-or-scam/

I'm not expressing an opinion whether the allegations against LegalShield are true. Nor am I stating that prepaid legal services are either a good idea or a bad idea per se. But I will say I've heard nothing but bad things about such companies, such as: subscribers are charged for extra services without their knowledge, subscribers can't get anyone to speak with them when they call, and subscribers have received bad advice that they relied on to their detriment.

I'm currently working on a case where a LegalShield subscriber agreed to an awful plea bargain based on advice from a young, inexperienced lawyer (not licensed in Texas, btw). It's very hard to untie the knot of a plea bargain once it's tied.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
skydiver
Account Disabled

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
I promised a member months ago that I would write such a thread but I've been busy lately traveling and banging my SB. But I promise to write the thread by Sun. 8-5-12. If I don't, you can all call me a lying mofo.
Can we call you a lying mofo yet?
skydiver is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Can we call you a lying mofo yet?
You can call me a busy lying mofo. I'll try to get the thread written by the end of the week.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #15
skydiver
Account Disabled

Encounters: 59

Looking forward to it!
skydiver is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women