Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 249
Top Posters
DallasRain70445
biomed160801
Yssup Rider60165
gman4452964
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40393
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35527
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
TxBrandy
Account Disabled

User ID: 5895
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Another "Seriously?? You've got to be kidding me..."

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...ofit_rejec.php

Craigslist's $100K Donation Burned By Women's Group

A San Francisco non-profit that helps previously incarcerated women burned a $100,000 check from Craigslist this week in a ritual ceremony, saying accepting the money would be profiting "from a place of exploitation of girls."

There is more to the article at the link above but come on... even if your "pride, integrity, whatever" DID help keep the lights on and the bills paid there are other similar organizations that could have been helped by this.
TxBrandy is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Now, if only we could convince women to burn alimony checks from evil, rotten, worthless and no-good men ... we'd be cookin' with gas. :-)
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Idiots. Mother Theresa would have bitched slapped them and said give me the bloody money so I can feed some starving kids.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
Now, if only we could convince women to burn alimony checks from evil, rotten, worthless and no-good men ... we'd be cookin' with gas. :-)
You know any particular "evil, rotten, worthless" one that would volunteer their checks for that purpose?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Idiots. Mother Theresa would have bitched slapped them and said give me the bloody money so I can feed some starving kids.
You damn right she'd kept it! She wasn't crusading against fucking, she was crusading against birth control.

http://www.population-security.org/swom-96-09.htm

Also, her acceptance of stolen money from Charles Keating, “now serving a ten-year sentence for his part in the savings and loan scandal.” Keating, a “Catholic fundamentalist”, gave Mother Teresa one and a quarter million dollars and “the use of his private jet.” During the course of Keating’s trial, Mother Teresa wrote Judge Ito asking clemency and asked Ito “to do what Jesus would do.”
One of the prosecutors in the trial wrote her telling her “of 17,000 individuals from whom Mr. Keating stole $252,000,000.” He added, “You urge Judge Ito to look into his heart--as he sentences Charles Keating--and do what Jesus would do. I submit the same challenge to you. Ask yourself what Jesus would do if he were given the fruits of a crime; what Jesus would do if he were in possession of money that had been stolen; what Jesus would do if he were being exploited by a thief to ease his conscience.” The prosecutor asked her to return the money, and offered to put her “in direct contact with the rightful owners of the property now in your possession.” This supposed paragon of virtue never replied to his letter
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Yes, Craigslist....the site that no longer has an adult advertising section. I'm sure that all those folks selling cars, furniture, bicycles, etc are the evil sex-traffickers now and CL is facilitating it. Oh..and all the folks looking for a job too.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

I was saying that tongue-in-cheek, but yeah point being the money could have been used for something other than tinder. The only point they made is they don't know how to manage money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You damn right she'd kept it! She wasn't crusading against fucking, she was crusading against birth control.

http://www.population-security.org/swom-96-09.htm

Also, her acceptance of stolen money from Charles Keating, “now serving a ten-year sentence for his part in the savings and loan scandal.” Keating, a “Catholic fundamentalist”, gave Mother Teresa one and a quarter million dollars and “the use of his private jet.” During the course of Keating’s trial, Mother Teresa wrote Judge Ito asking clemency and asked Ito “to do what Jesus would do.”
One of the prosecutors in the trial wrote her telling her “of 17,000 individuals from whom Mr. Keating stole $252,000,000.” He added, “You urge Judge Ito to look into his heart--as he sentences Charles Keating--and do what Jesus would do. I submit the same challenge to you. Ask yourself what Jesus would do if he were given the fruits of a crime; what Jesus would do if he were in possession of money that had been stolen; what Jesus would do if he were being exploited by a thief to ease his conscience.” The prosecutor asked her to return the money, and offered to put her “in direct contact with the rightful owners of the property now in your possession.” This supposed paragon of virtue never replied to his letter
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Tea Party folks would all be Vegans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
The only point they made is they don't know how to manage money.

Damn straight they don't.
Just think if restaurants starting checking the content of peoples character before serving them a meal and taking their money.
Our GOP buddies would have to turn to cannibalism to get a decent meal!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #9
TxBrandy
Account Disabled

User ID: 5895
My ECCIE Reviews

I know RIGHT! The grocery store nor my electric company gives a rats ass where the money came from and bet you 10 to 1 theirs wouldn't have cared either. Think of all the MORE women they could have helped (women who actually need help).
TxBrandy is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
macksback
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

What a bunch of morons.They did nothing to advance their cause.
macksback is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Another example of principles coming in the way of practicality.

[As Oral Roberts said after he took gambling money to pay for one of his religious facilities, "This money has been in the hands of the Devil long enough. It's time to return it to God's use."]
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women