Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 09-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #1
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Washington Post Editorial About Trump

This piece had me spell bound until I got through about 75% of it. Then I determined the writer was paranoid. The remedies he proposes for the Republican Party are laughable, as is his disappointment in Romney and Sasse for continuing to support the filibuster.

Regardless of whether you love or hate Trump, I think you'll find this entertaining and thought provoking. It's being called one of the best editorials of the year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...tional-crisis/

An excerpt, to whet your appetite,

The stage is thus being set for chaos (after the 2024 election). Imagine weeks of competing mass protests across multiple states as lawmakers from both parties claim victory and charge the other with unconstitutional efforts to take power. Partisans on both sides are likely to be better armed and more willing to inflict harm than they were in 2020. Would governors call out the National Guard? Would President Biden nationalize the Guard and place it under his control, invoke the Insurrection Act, and send troops into Pennsylvania or Texas or Wisconsin to quell violent protests? Deploying federal power in the states would be decried as tyranny. Biden would find himself where other presidents have been — where Andrew Jackson was during the nullification crisis, or where Abraham Lincoln was after the South seceded — navigating without rules or precedents, making his own judgments about what constitutional powers he does and doesn’t have.

Today’s arguments over the filibuster will seem quaint in three years if the American political system enters a crisis for which the Constitution offers no remedy.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

This excites you? Really? He actually thinks Biden is making important decisions? How asinine.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #3
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
This excites you? Really? He actually thinks Biden is making important decisions? How asinine.
but but but he is Sir

mmm or is it the handles making all the WRONG choices ????
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:46 AM   #4
oeb11
Valued Poster

teh LSM does love its marxist revolutionary VIOLENT Terrorists Antifa and OBLM
they are official terrorist arms of teh marxist DPST criminal cabal.

oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:56 AM   #5
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Puddening pop is just a vessel for whichever Marxist is trying to destroy this country
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:11 AM   #6
GaGambler
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
This piece had me spell bound until I got through about 75% of it. Then I determined the writer was paranoid. The remedies he proposes for the Republican Party are laughable, as is his disappointment in Romney and Sasse for continuing to support the filibuster.

Regardless of whether you love or hate Trump, I think you'll find this entertaining and thought provoking. It's being called one of the best editorials of the year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...tional-crisis/

An excerpt, to whet your appetite,

The stage is thus being set for chaos (after the 2024 election). Imagine weeks of competing mass protests across multiple states as lawmakers from both parties claim victory and charge the other with unconstitutional efforts to take power. Partisans on both sides are likely to be better armed and more willing to inflict harm than they were in 2020. Would governors call out the National Guard? Would President Biden nationalize the Guard and place it under his control, invoke the Insurrection Act, and send troops into Pennsylvania or Texas or Wisconsin to quell violent protests? Deploying federal power in the states would be decried as tyranny. Biden would find himself where other presidents have been — where Andrew Jackson was during the nullification crisis, or where Abraham Lincoln was after the South seceded — navigating without rules or precedents, making his own judgments about what constitutional powers he does and doesn’t have.

Today’s arguments over the filibuster will seem quaint in three years if the American political system enters a crisis for which the Constitution offers no remedy.
You disappoint me Tiny, did it really take reading through 75% of this anti Trump drivel to conclude that the author was paranoid.

Personally I didn't even get half as far as you did before I got completely bored and quit reading. This "could" have been thought provoking if it wasn't written in such a partisan, "Trump is the root of all evil" manner, but that is the way it was written, so any good points the author intended to make got swept away in the flood of TDS so obvious on his part.
GaGambler is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:12 PM   #7
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaGambler View Post
You disappoint me Tiny, did it really take reading through 75% of this anti Trump drivel to conclude that the author was paranoid.

Personally I didn't even get half as far as you did before I got completely bored and quit reading. This "could" have been thought provoking if it wasn't written in such a partisan, "Trump is the root of all evil" manner, but that is the way it was written, so any good points the author intended to make got swept away in the flood of TDS so obvious on his part.
Kagan who wrote the piece is a neocon who served in the Reagan administration (good) and who advocated for George W Bush’s invasion of Iraq (bad.) Anyway just as he vastly overstated the risk of leaving Saddam Hussein in power, he’s overstating the risk of the US falling into another civil war. It still made for entertaining reading, for me anyway. What he fails to realize is that democratic institutions in the USA would never allow Trump or some other politician to get away with what he described. I don’t think Trump would push it that far either. When people started killing each other in the streets he’d back down.

Many Democrats and probably some Republicans like Liz Cheney would take this seriously.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Liz Cheney?

I wonder if the dyed-in-the-polyester Trumpists would vote for HER.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #9
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Liz Cheney?

I wonder if the dyed-in-the-polyester Trumpists would vote for HER.
No they would not. She'll probably get primaried. I'd be tempted to contribute to her campaign except that she's a Neocon and she'll probably drop out before the primaries. Also she's starting to come across as condescending to our brethren who believe in Trump. As Kagan said, condescension from elites caused the resentment that made Trump so popular.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:07 AM   #10
billthecat46
Registered Member

Quote:
The remedies he proposes for the Republican Party are laughable, as is his disappointment in Romney and Sasse for continuing to support the filibuster.
[/I]
I wouldn't call his proposal for the Republican party laughable, just unrealistic. You won't find one, much less 7 Republicans in the Senate who have any interest in protecting the right to vote. And the filibuster, it should be eliminated immediately (not that it's going to happen.
billthecat46 is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:14 AM   #11
billthecat46
Registered Member

Quote:
What he fails to realize is that democratic institutions in the USA would never allow Trump or some other politician to get away with what he described. I don’t think Trump would push it that far either. When people started killing each other in the streets he’d back down.
It's unclear to me what democratic institutions would never allow this. States like Georgia and Arizona that have Republican controlled legislatures but voted for Biden in 2020 decide that the 2024 vote for the Democratic presidential candidate is somehow 'tainted' and instead certify a slate of electors for the Republican candidate - what 'democratic institutions' will stop them?
Old 09-29-2021, 07:26 AM   #12
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Liz is insane ,, just saying
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:18 PM   #13
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by billthecat46 View Post
I wouldn't call his proposal for the Republican party laughable, just unrealistic. You won't find one, much less 7 Republicans in the Senate who have any interest in protecting the right to vote. And the filibuster, it should be eliminated immediately (not that it's going to happen.
I disagree with your last two sentences. Eight Republican Senators objected to counting Biden's electoral votes on January 7. Most Republican Senators confirmed Biden. Or are you referring to the election laws being passed by the states, when you say Republicans aren't interested in protecting the right to vote? These laws for the foreseeable future will work to the benefit of Democrats. If you don't automatically get a ballot in the mail or you don't have 24 hour drop boxes, maybe you need some motivation to go vote. Because of Trump and the "Big Lie", Democrats are more fired up to vote than Republicans. Look what happened in the Georgia Senate runoffs. The election laws look benign to me -- and they do make it harder to stuff the ballot box.

As to the filibuster, if you can't get 60 Senators to agree on legislation, it shouldn't be passed. Reid should have never eliminated the filibuster for judicial appointments, McConnell should have never eliminated it for Supreme Court Justice nominations, and it should apply to budget bills IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billthecat46 View Post
It's unclear to me what democratic institutions would never allow this. States like Georgia and Arizona that have Republican controlled legislatures but voted for Biden in 2020 decide that the 2024 vote for the Democratic presidential candidate is somehow 'tainted' and instead certify a slate of electors for the Republican candidate - what 'democratic institutions' will stop them?
Look what happened last year and this year. Every former Secretary of Defense signed an Editorial warning Trump not to use the military to stay in power. None of the numerous lawsuits brought by Giuliani et al resulted in any significant changes in the election results. Republican Secretaries of State and Republican controlled state legislatures didn't bend to Trump's will. Nor did Mike Pence.

As to your specific point, I'd imagine if a state legislature did certify a slate of electors contrary to the vote, the judicial system would strike that down. Trump appointed a lot of judges, including Supreme Court Justices, and that didn't help him one iota after the November election.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #14
billthecat46
Registered Member

Quote:
Or are you to the election laws being passed by the states
What I'm referring to is not a single Republican senator has shown any interest in supporting the John Lewis Voting Rights Act or the For the People Act. Bills that would protect the right to vote.
Quote:
These laws for the foreseeable future will work to the benefit of Democrats.
That may or may not be true (most likely not true) and quite frankly is irrelevant. Making it more difficult to vote and for no good reason is bad.
Quote:
If you don't automatically get a ballot in the mail or you don't have 24 hour drop boxes, maybe you need some motivation to go vote. ... and they do make it harder to stuff the ballot box.
I'm not sure why you think making it more difficult to vote would motivate people to be more likely to vote and I don't see how shortening the number of early voting days or limiting locations for dropping off one's ballot has any impact of 'stuffing the ballot box'. Something that has yet to be shown as a real problem.
Quote:
As to the filibuster, if you can't get 60 Senators to agree on legislation
Nothing in the constitution requires legislation have a super majority to pass. And most definitely nothing that allows a minority in the senate to force the government into default.
Quote:
Look what happened last year and this year.
I have and what I see is a group of incompetents came very close to overthrowing an election. The only thing that stopped them were a handful of Republican officials who are now having their power to stop a future coup being stripped from them by Republican legislatures. In four years it will be canon in the Republican party that the 2020 election was stolen. And in 2024 the strategy for overturning the election will be much more sophisticated than the clown show we saw for this election.
Since they believe that the 2020 election was stolen then it follows that they will feel any action is justified to steal the election in 2024. If the election is close then we can easily see the chaos suggested by Robert Kagan in his WaPo opinion piece. maybe the courts would intervene but how long would that take? We had an insurrection over the 2020 election what makes you think we wouldn't have another if the courts are the ones who decide that the Republican candidate lost?
Old 09-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #15
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Liz is insane ,, just saying
Please explain.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies