Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70478
biomed161019
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47765
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-20-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default For the lawyers -- the legal justification to declare Trump the winner in the last election

I don't understand the legalese, but supposedly this is what Pence was presented on January 4, with a view toward declaring Trump the winner on January 6. Purportedly none of the states at that time had presented the Vice President with multiple slates of electors -- that's from Woodward's and Costa's new book by way of CNN:

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2021/images/0...stman.memo.pdf
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:07 AM   #2
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

This was a bunch of stupid folks trying to steal an election. A coup. And Pence wanted to go along with it until Dan Quayle of all people told him don’t be stupid.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:53 AM   #3
oeb11
Valued Poster

1b1- you post as 'r' used to post

name-calling insults are not part of teh Forum Rules
Just because You claim to be a lawyer - does not mean you are exempt from forum rules.

shameful!
malcolm X and MLK Jr. would be horrified by teh Racism and prejudice of teh modern day DPST marxist party!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:12 AM   #4
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

hoax

[hōks]

NOUN

hoax (noun) · hoaxes (plural noun)
  1. a humorous or malicious deception.
    "they recognized the plan as a hoax" · [more]New content will be added above the current area of focus upon selection

"he was accused of making hoax calls"

synonyms:
    practical joke · joke · jest · prank · trick · jape · ruse · deception · fraud · imposture · cheat · swindle · bluff · humbug · confidence trick

VERB

hoax (verb) · hoaxes (third person present) · hoaxed (past tense) · hoaxed (past participle) · hoaxing (present participle)
  1. deceive with a hoax.
    synonyms:
    play a practical joke on · play a joke on · play a jest on · play a prank on · [more

rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:25 PM   #5
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I don't understand the legalese, but supposedly this is what Pence was presented on January 4, with a view toward declaring Trump the winner on January 6. Purportedly none of the states at that time had presented the Vice President with multiple slates of electors -- that's from Woodward's and Costa's new book by way of CNN:

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2021/images/0...stman.memo.pdf

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL

January 6 scenario

Quote:
This is the piece that we believe is unconstitutional. It allows the two houses, “acting separately,” to decide the question, whereas the 12th Amendment provides only for a joint session. And if there is disagreement, under the Act the slate certified by the “executive” of the state is to be counted, regardless of the evidence that exists regarding the election, and regardless of whether there was ever fair review of what happened in the election, by judges and/or state legislatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Playing semantics I see

Its sad when folks hide behind word play
Yes, very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
This was a bunch of stupid folks trying to steal an election. A coup. And Pence wanted to go along with it until Dan Quayle of all people told him don’t be stupid.

Tiny, who's the master?
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:42 PM   #6
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

When the audits force state legislators to decertify the electoral votes.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:50 PM   #7
DesWad
Legit poster

Encounters: 49

This is a good post Tiny.
Due to the pressure from Trump; the retarded media and voter fraud, I think Pence would have carried out his power to keep Trump in IF he had enough evidence. I wonder if Trump thought these two scenarios would be enough without evidence. Is there a document for that Quayle phone call?
All in all I think Pence's political career is over and maybe he misjudged that before making his decision.
DesWad is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:49 PM   #8
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
When the audits force state legislators to decertify the electoral votes.

really????

you still believe that crazy shit!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #9
greenbook
Valued Poster

That is not remotely the VP's responsibility, irrespective how the sad demented trumptards twist their Depends otherwise. Its called read the constitution dumb retards. God damn, your are so retarded.

Seriously? Can you read?
greenbook is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:40 PM   #10
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
1b1- you post as 'r' used to post

name-calling insults are not part of teh Forum Rules
Just because You claim to be a lawyer - does not mean you are exempt from forum rules.

shameful!
malcolm X and MLK Jr. would be horrified by teh Racism and prejudice of teh modern day DPST marxist party!

There are no name calling insults. He wasn't referring to any member of eccie. He was referring to the article. That has nothing to do with this forum and forum rules.

I could write something else. But it is already known how you would respond.

Best to just say..........read, read, read the posts before putting up your own post
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:01 PM   #11
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesWad View Post
This is a good post Tiny.
Due to the pressure from Trump; the retarded media and voter fraud, I think Pence would have carried out his power to keep Trump in IF he had enough evidence. I wonder if Trump thought these two scenarios would be enough without evidence. Is there a document for that Quayle phone call?
All in all I think Pence's political career is over and maybe he misjudged that before making his decision.
Quote:
I'd like to think that, when he called Quayle, Pence was searching for ammunition to try to shoot down Trump's command to overturn the election. Maybe he was -- as DesWad pointed out there's apparently no documentation for the Quayle phone call. You've got to believe Woodward's and Costa's source, whoever that may be.

But Pence seemed like he was almost codependent on Trump, right up until the bitter end when the crowd on Capitol Hill wanted to hang him from a tree.

It's strange. Trump more or less accused Cruz's father of involvement in Kennedy's assassination. And said some truly hateful things about his wife. McCarthy was pissed as hell at Trump after January 6. But like Cruz he's back singing Trump's praises. I don't know why Republican politicians put up with Trump.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:10 PM   #12
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

This is what I don't get. Eastman's strategy, in the link above, was for Pence to refuse to count electors from 7 states, and declare the election in favor of Trump. At that point, however, he expected the electoral count to become irrelevant because neither candidate would have received a total of 270 electoral votes. So then apparently delegations of the states in the House of Representatives would decide the presidency. And 26 of the state delegations are controlled on Republicans.

This strategy would then depend on ALL 26 Republican delegations throwing their support to Trump. What are the chances of that happening? Zilch. It wouldn't happen.

I'm reluctant to say this because he's a renowned attorney, and I don't know shit about constitutional law, but it sounds like Eastman and the people who were listening to him were on drugs.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:16 PM   #13
69in2it69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
I'd like to think that, when he called Quayle, Pence was searching for ammunition to try to shoot down Trump's command to overturn the election. Maybe he was -- as DesWad pointed out there's apparently no documentation for the Quayle phone call. You've got to believe Woodward's and Costa's source, whoever that may be.

But Pence seemed like he was almost codependent on Trump, right up until the bitter end when the crowd on Capitol Hill wanted to hang him from a tree.

It's strange. Trump more or less accused Cruz's father of involvement in Kennedy's assassination. And said some truly hateful things about his wife. McCarthy was pissed as hell at Trump after January 6. But like Cruz he's back singing the Trump's praises. I don't know why Republican politicians put up with Trump.

Fear. Plain and simple, unless you are someone like MTG who's enjoying the 15 minutes of fame. I have no doubt she's already got a book in the works.
69in2it69 is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:45 PM   #14
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
This is what I don't get. Eastman's strategy, in the link above, was for Pence to refuse to count electors from 7 states, and declare the election in favor of Trump. At that point, however, he expected the electoral count to become irrelevant because neither candidate would have received a total of 270 electoral votes. So then apparently delegations of the states in the House of Representatives would decide the presidency. And 26 of the state delegations are controlled on Republicans.

This strategy would then depend on ALL 26 Republican delegations throwing their support to Trump. What are the chances of that happening? Zilch. It wouldn't happen.

I'm reluctant to say this because he's a renowned attorney, but it sounds like Eastman and the people who were listening to him were on drugs.
Part of Eastman’s argument was that only a majority of electors recognized would be necessary, not the 270.

Woodward’s book didn’t make it appear Pence was trying to disregard the idea of following the plan. He was somehow, it appears, looking for permission.

What I don’t get is what did these people think was going to happen if the coup succeeded. Would the states, Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court, and the military just idly standby and recognize Trumps presidency? Were they prepared for a possible civil war? Actually stealing power surely can’t be expected to just have been ok. And do people like Pence and others even care what history is going to have to say about them? What their legacy will be.

I mean idiots on ECCIE and dummies in the streets have no legacy that matters but politicians with aspirations doing this dumb shit. Crazy.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:00 PM   #15
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Part of Eastman’s argument was that only a majority of electors recognized would be necessary, not the 270.
Got it. So letting the state delegations decide was a fallback position.

Quote:
What I don’t get is what did these people think was going to happen if the coup succeeded. Would the states, Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court, and the military just idly standby and recognize Trumps presidency? Were they prepared for a possible civil war? Actually stealing power surely can’t be expected to just have been ok.
Agreed. It's bizarre.

Quote:
I mean idiots on ECCIE and dummies in the streets have no legacy that matters but politicians with aspirations doing this dumb shit. Crazy.
This is where we part company. There are no idiots on ECCIE. Rather there are wise men and women who are sometimes mistaken about certain things. Except for me of course. I know everything.

Anyway, they just need educating. For example, you could use enlightenment on a couple of economic points. And Winn Dixie on the dangers of snuff and fried pies.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women