Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59946
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47567
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
Cadence Steele
Greek Goddess

User ID: 321317
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Boycott Starbucks !!!!

Semper Fi Marine. Hope you are well.
A good friend of mine sent me an e-mail about how Starbucks disrespected some of your fellow Leathernecks. They were deployed to the " STAN " and wrote a letter to Starbucks seeking any free samples they could get from the company. Starbucks sent back a response to their request that they ( Starbucks ) : don't support the war or its goals OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN IT !
I've never purchased anything from those pretentious pricks before and damn sure won't now. It's my intent to spread the word to as many vets and active duty folks as I come across. There is a Starbucks in Wilford Hall Military Medical Clinic, so I wonder how the company justifies taking the money of sick and wounded active duty and retired military personnel and their dependents and having a " no tolerance " for the very people that are deployed to protect their freedom ?
War has been declared by this former squid Marine !
Hope you and your " critters " are doing well.

I understand that many people understand the heart of a volunteer because it takes a special person to volunteer your life for people that you've never met . But a multi-billionaire company because of the American people and the military denying the military of anything they would like to send them to them and they're not asking for free stuff they're saying hey if there's something you want to send us we will take it but you reply with the way you did you don't support War anybody involved in it or anything like that , you could have went about that statement a better way but then stated the way you did no not cool not cool at all
Cadence Steele is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Hunny-bunny, ya oughta check out yer story an' sources on sumplace laik Snopes a-fore ya git her panties inna bunch. Assumin' yore wearin' panties!

Nope, Starbucks don't piss all o'er tha Marines.

Thet story is from 2004 and wrong. The guy thet wrote tha origin'l email e'en sent out anutha email to correct tha mistake but nobuddy paid enny attennshun ta tha guy.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
chitowntransplant69
Valued Poster

Sorry, this is completely false.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
chitowntransplant69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
chitowntransplant69
Valued Poster

Ha, you beat me to it, David!
chitowntransplant69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
biggestbubba
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I haven't checked yet, but I am quite certain that a visit to snopes would show that this claim is false. It just smacks of unrealness. Besides, why would those Marines be asking for handouts, they have jobs.
biggestbubba is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #6
biggestbubba
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Yup, I checked, it's false.
https://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
biggestbubba is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #7
Killeeninformer2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

I'm a veteran. Few things annoy me more than service members who feel entitled to free shit. It's a fake story but you doing the job you signed up to do (a job I've done) doesn't mean everyone else has buy you shit.
Killeeninformer2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #8
ztonk

Encounters: 21

Moved from Coed Discussions to the cat box as it isn't hobby related.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
ztonk is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:21 AM   #9
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeeninformer2 View Post
I'm a veteran. Few things annoy me more than service members who feel entitled to free shit. It's a fake story but you doing the job you signed up to do (a job I've done) doesn't mean everyone else has buy you shit.
As someone who served 2 years in the service, I agree. I read posts on various forums where people suggest ALL veterans should get free medical care for life. I say BS. For serving 2 years stateside I don't feel that I deserve that. If someone has dedicated his/her life to the military or has physical/mental problems from serving, yes, they deserve it.

I used the GI bill to partially fund graduate school.
I get a 10% discount at Lowes instead of the normal 5%.
I get a free meal at many restaurants on Veteran's Day.

For me and my service, that's enough.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #10
Groovy Johnson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Sgt Howard C Wright,author of the posted email,has requested that everyone who posted it,also post his letter of apology and retraction.
Groovy Johnson is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #11
Treetop78759
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence Steele View Post
Semper Fi Marine. Hope you are well.
A good friend of mine sent me an e-mail about how Starbucks disrespected some of your fellow Leathernecks. They were deployed to the " STAN " and wrote a letter to Starbucks seeking any free samples they could get from the company. Starbucks sent back a response to their request that they ( Starbucks ) : don't support the war or its goals OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN IT !
I've never purchased anything from those pretentious pricks before and damn sure won't now. It's my intent to spread the word to as many vets and active duty folks as I come across. There is a Starbucks in Wilford Hall Military Medical Clinic, so I wonder how the company justifies taking the money of sick and wounded active duty and retired military personnel and their dependents and having a " no tolerance " for the very people that are deployed to protect their freedom ?
War has been declared by this former squid Marine !
Hope you and your " critters " are doing well.

I understand that many people understand the heart of a volunteer because it takes a special person to volunteer your life for people that you've never met . But a multi-billionaire company because of the American people and the military denying the military of anything they would like to send them to them and they're not asking for free stuff they're saying hey if there's something you want to send us we will take it but you reply with the way you did you don't support War anybody involved in it or anything like that , you could have went about that statement a better way but then stated the way you did no not cool not cool at all
There was one time when I said something wrong and looked like a total fool jackass.

Fortunately everyone forgot and the respect they all had for me returned.

The best advice I can give us to come forward and let the trolls heckle you and your huge misinformation campaign against a great American company.
Treetop78759 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:51 AM   #12
RomanViper
Registered Member

Facebook is garbage now, you should quit
RomanViper is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:51 AM   #13
RomanViper
Registered Member

pampered chef still exists? I have some of their stuff! LOL
RomanViper is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:24 AM   #14
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

I know it's been a while, and I don't drink coffee, but for some reason I recall Starbucks sending tons of coffee to Iraq. I can't remember if it was free or if they matched the amount that was purchased, but I do know they support the troops.
Puccipleaser is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
yayaman
Registered Member

Encounters: 2

SBUX stock is rolling today! Must be because this story got debunked. 🤪
yayaman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women