Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > West Texas > The Sandbox-West Texas
The Sandbox-West Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47596
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 08-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62
Default Juarez

I will be in El Paso the first couple days next week. When I go to EP on business I am always tempted to cross the border.

I have heard the stories, read the statistics, and been thoroughly warned not to go. But just tonight I read a couple articles that said crime (murder) is on the decline and at a fraction of what it was a few years ago. (around 700 murders last year down from 3000 a couple years ago.)

So, do any of you have any FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of whether it is considered safe for a gringo to cross again? I would likely walk across the bridge and get a taxi. I have read the warnings about fake taxi's, but I will be in a rental car and don't want to drive.

Should I take a guide with me? Are there any here who have acted as Sherpa's in Mexico?
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Ciedoc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Honestly...I would still avoid Juarez at any costs. I know people with family in Juarez that won't even cross to see them. Just recently there was like 5 murders (recently being in last 2 weeks), along with beheaded bodies being found in the desert you name it. Murder may be at a decline but hey when a city has over 5000 murders in one year (last year) its not hard to claim a decline until the year end totals come in. If you are not a native speaker...even worse will stand out that much more. In general its a game of russian roulette. You might cross go to dentist, mercado, grab some food and nothing will happen no excitment. You might also cross and be eating and have someone come into resturant and just start shotting. Hell same thing could happen in any town in the US for that matter. I have lived in the area for over 30 years (Alamogordo/Las Cruces) and back in the 80's we used to cross to party in high school. But really since the mid 90's when things started getting crazy its easily been 10 years since I have crossed. Things are just so voiltale most times in Juarez with the drug cartel wars that it just isn't worth taking the chance.
Ciedoc is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Ok. Thanks for that info.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Ciedoc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

I've seen the statisitic where they claim only 797 deaths/murders for 2012 but have a very hard time believing it. I had heard over 5k and with the constant reports of violence in Juarez, the travel advisorys, military personel from Fort Bliss or Holloman being banned from crossing due to high viloence risk, you name it. Seem like 4 out of 5 nights on the news there would be reports of some high school kid that went to spend time with his grandmother getting gunned down in the streets, or other people crossing to go clubing or strip clubs getting slaughtered makes you very leary of crossing. You see stories about police getting gunned down and even federal police in fear of their lives from the cartels. Again you could cross and not run into any problems. If you do go over, just be very careful and be on the look out for everything. If you can stay hyper alert and still have fun enjoy yourself...but don't get complacent and think you have nothing to worry about. People cross both ways every day of course its always the viloent events that make the nightly news that keeps the fear of Juarez alive.
Ciedoc is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
JHurt1968
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

My grandfather's brother lived in Juarez. When he passed away last year I asked him if he wanted me to take him to the funeral over there. "Hell no. I love him but I'm not going to get killed just to say goodbye to him." This from a man who likes to tell me about all the knife fights he got into when he was a kid.
JHurt1968 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

I have been over 3 times so far this year with absolutely no issues at all. Just know where you want to go before go. Walk across, catch a cab to Luxxor, do your thing, they will call a cab to take you back to the border. Twice now, the guy that works there has given me a lift back to the border himself for a $5 tip.

I would not, as in years past, walk from the border down to Luxxor, which is too bad as you miss all the festive atmosphere and vibrancy of the area.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
ZOSCAR241
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 19

There are three places right over the the Zaragoza bridge. No taxi needed. Walking distance. First block is Aris.
ZOSCAR241 is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I have been over 3 times so far this year with absolutely no issues at all. Just know where you want to go before go. Walk across, catch a cab to Luxxor, do your thing, they will call a cab to take you back to the border. Twice now, the guy that works there has given me a lift back to the border himself for a $5 tip.

I would not, as in years past, walk from the border down to Luxxor, which is too bad as you miss all the festive atmosphere and vibrancy of the area.
1. What is the general etiquette at Luxxor and similar places? Is this like a Spa or more of a strip club with extras?

2. How much cash should I take?

3. Assuming I actually wanted to do this, would you be willing to go as a guide? Maybe I could pay for you a session as well (depending on prices of sessions)

4. Are the girls worth risking the trip?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
babarumraisin
Valued Poster

The danger isn't so much in being killed or wounded. What has gone up remarkably is street crime. If you go often vary the time you go. There are crooks who watch the bridge and if they notice that you come over every day at 3 you could become a target. The attitude of the cops has changed as well. In the old days cops might stand you against a wall and frisk you and take 5 or 10 bucks and let you walk, now they might just as often take you to a police station and hold you for a couple of hours. As for the army, although they have reduced their presence my Juarez friends have told me that you don't want to run into the army.

My advice, based on what my Mexican friends tell me is to not walk if you can help it. Buses are still sometimes stopped and robbed and if you look like a target they might take you with them. If you're lucky it will just be a short ride to an ATM but it could be worse. You'll pay more for a cab but its generally a lot safer.

Other people will have to tell you if the girls are worth it or not. Like any big city stay aware of your surroundings.
babarumraisin is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
bigfleshstick
Registered Member

Encounters: 1
Default re:Juarez

There certainly is always a risk at night, but personally I've never had any issues heading over there late at night. I look white, but can speak Spanish fairly fluently with a Mexican accent, so that probably helps.
bigfleshstick is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women