Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70478
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47765
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default So Where's Houston's Tax Revenue Coming From?

So with the bars, strip clubs and restaurants shut down....

Quote:
Alcohol sales in Harris County were down 94 percent in March when compared to sales in the shorter month of February, records show.

Bars and restaurants sold $7.8 million in beer, wine and mixed beverages throughout Harris County in March, while those same types of businesses sold $134.3 million in February. These numbers, released by the Texas Comptroller, do not include sales from alcohol whole-sellers, like liquor stores, but reflect a stark situation for Houston-area restaurants forced to close their doors amid the COVID-19 pandemic
Full property tax collection is going to be tough with the UE situation. Renters not paying rent isn't going help the landlords. Hotel and motel occupancy down. No Ball games and the revenue they generate. Sales tax dwindling.

And today oil futures contracts for May delivery turned negative.

Where's Houston gonna get it's money? Things better pick up quickly. Some of you may say "We are fully funded until the EOY." IMO, that will change soon if the situation doesn't change soon. Both here and outside of Houston.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
pxmcc
BANNED

Encounters: 55

ya i was wondering if my local Shell station will pay me like 40 bucks to get rid of some of their surplus inventory. always happy to help out..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #3
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

and what about the gas station struggling to stay open? Just so you can help out? Typical lib thinking
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:59 AM   #4
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Anyone that had a place to store oil today made out like a bandit yesterday.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:02 AM   #5
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2u View Post
and what about the gas station struggling to stay open? Just so you can help out? Typical lib thinking
tbone, i was joking. a negative price for oil means that producers must pay to get rid of oil because all storage is filled up already. obviously i'm hoping that our economy recovers. but trump isn't helping matters by sending everyone back to work without testing, so we have no idea who can still transmit coronavirus and who can't. and he's playing politics during a national tragedy. it's unconscionable actually.
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #6
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Relax PX. You're getting worked up and your fingertips have to be getting sore. Blame that on Trump too?

That Stanford study and now one in LA suggest that the amount of people already having contracted the virus and recovered is 28 - 85 times higher than the number of reported cases.

Sure there is some controversy over both studies and they have yet to be peer reviewed but if that number is even half that it may be that this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.

But just think, instead of criticizing Trump for what you think his agenda is you can go back and criticize him for shutting things down prematurely. It's a no lose proposition for anyone with TDS,
Old 04-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #7
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

PX
What people are upset about is they are starting to realize that this is looking like another power grab by some governors and other officials who think they know what's best for you, me and everyone else.

Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birkes, IMO, are starting to sound like they don't really know what the fuck is going on. I'm watching their briefings with more and more skepticism.
Birkes, one of those advisers you claim Trump won't listen to, refused to say anything negative about the reopening of beaches in Jacksonville and got a pass on it. Yet Governors in Michigan, Illinois and Virginia are being praised for their strict lockdowns. Don't you think that's hypocritical? Why is that?

The CDC is on the record as saying testing may not be all that effective but we must keep doing it...What???
There have been way too many conflicting remarks even considering it's been a very fluid situation. People are starting to question and I think that's a good thing. Trump has been questioning much of what his advisors have been telling him. It now looks like some of that has been legitimate.

As things get more and more convoluted, and they are, start applying Occams Razor to some of what you're hearing and reading. Eliminate the variables from the equation.

Stretching Trumps tweets to mean he is encouraging armed insurrection is just fucking idiotic. You said earlier that you can't keep up with the guy but somehow you always seem to be in his head enough to be able to determine what he is thinking. That's projecting my friend.
Slow the fuck down and use your critical thinking skills and drop some of the TDS. Take a look at what's going on around you and ask yourself who really benefits from this turbulence and uncertainty. I don't know the answer but I know who isn't benefiting from it.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:23 AM   #8
pxmcc
BANNED

@Boardman: talking about liberating 3 states and in the same breath citing the 2nd amendment is a pretty explicit dog whistle. the problem is some people will take him at his word and actually try to "liberate" those states by armed insurrection. at best it is irresponsible and at worst leads people to do what he suggests: try to overthrow the state governments. if people die in the attempt, Trump will have blood on his hands imo.

i'm not an infectious disease doc-heck i'm not even a doc-but i would trust an infectious disease doc's recommendation over trump's. i have heard some scary possible outcomes from going back to business as usual. people may die.

if trump included testing for those wanting to go back to work, i think his plan might actually work. without testing, it's basically russian roulette. and getting adequate testing is a CDC, NIH, HHS, and FEMA issue, not a state by state issue; states don't have the resources. Trump is sending state governors out into the rapids but without a paddle. my prediction is things will end badly in those states that go back to business as usual without testing. the evidence suggests i could have such a baller immune system that i could be covid-19 positive and, not even knowing i carry the virus, still transmit it to my office mates. the numbers suggest it is highly contagious.

trump is always reactive and never proactive. he should have prepared for this crisis-it was highly foreseeable-but he didn't. now we're paying the piper for that lack of preparation. competence and planning are still things.
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #9
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
@Boardman: talking about liberating 3 states and in the same breath citing the 2nd amendment is a pretty explicit dog whistle. the problem is some people will take him at his word and actually try to "liberate" those states by armed insurrection. at best it is irresponsible and at worst leads people to do what he suggests: try to overthrow the state governments. if people die in the attempt, Trump will have blood on his hands imo.

i'm not an infectious disease doc-heck i'm not even a doc-but i would trust an infectious disease doc's recommendation over trump's. i have heard some scary possible outcomes from going back to business as usual. people may die.

if trump included testing for those wanting to go back to work, i think his plan might actually work. without testing, it's basically russian roulette. and getting adequate testing is a CDC, NIH, HHS, and FEMA issue, not a state by state issue. Trump is sending state governors out into the rapids but without a paddle. my prediction is things will end badly in those states that go back to business as usual without testing.

trump is always reactive and never proactive. he should have prepared for this crisis but he didn't. now we're paying the piper for that lack of preparation. competence and planning are things.

Tebow, Let me pick this apart.

1st. Is anyone storming state houses this morning? That's what I thought.
2nd. Trumps tweet was nothing more than asking governors to liberate their people from ridiculous, illogical and even unconstitutional restrictions. That idiot/loser Beto took that and ran with it and you're following him.

Why would Trump want those states overthrown? To create a civil war that would ensure he stays in power somehow? You claim he doesn't think things through so how could he have some grand plan like that? Or are you just being obtuse on purpose?

I'm telling you that Dr. Birkes praised the health officials in Florida when she was asked about the reopening of the beaches. Yet she's good with the restrictions that some states have placed on their citizens and wants more testing before reopening. Something is not right about that. I'm not too keen on believing people who speak out of both sides of their mouth regardless of how educated they are...maybe especially because of how educated they are.

There is more and more evidence mounting that this may not be nearly as bad as we thought. That the mortality rate may be less than the flu. Those two studies from Santa Clara and LA counties suggest that it could be somewhere between .01% and .002%. Those studies are backed up by at least two others, one in Sweden. Dr. Fauci and Dr Birkes seem to be willfully ignoring that data. They seemingly want to fight a battle with an army they wish they had(long term peer reviewed clinical studies) instead of the army they do have, HCQ. Case in point is the growing evidence that is far more than anectdotal now about HCQ. OF those 39 patients in the Texas City nursing home with Covid, all were treated with HCQ and a Z-pack. 1 died. Dr. Daniel Wallace the leading RA and Lupus Dr in the country who has been treating patients for 40 years with HCQ says there is "Nil" chance of short term treatment causing any problems. Why does Dr. Fauci insist on rebuking it as a possible treatment? Either he doesn't think the protocol works in face of mounting evidence or he doesn't want it to work. Meaning he's either being neglectful or his ego is getting the better of him and he's making the most of his 15 minutes of fame.

Oh, one other possibility is he is paying attention to the data and knows that the mortality rate isn't as high as once predicted and this may be a much adieu about nothing.

Information coming from Italy is that doctors there were seeing these symptoms of Covid as early as the middle of October. Not knowing what it was or exactly how to treat it many cases manifested into pneumonia which ended up being the diagnosis. What they couldn't figure out was why so much ammonia all of a sudden in a population that is terrified of "the draft" Those people walk around in coats and scarves if the temps drop below 75 degrees. Once Covid was identified they knew what they had but the viral load was extremely high by then. That and an elderly population is the possible reason of why so many deaths there. They are finally starting to see a drop in the number of cases but based on the Santa Clara and LA studies along with the fact that it was going around there in October it may very well be due to building herd immunity rather than any kind of quarantine orders. Evidence is pointing that direction.

You don't want Trump dictating to the states how to lock down their states but you want him rolling out the Goddam military to each state to conduct testing? Is that what you're saying? The military is the only arm that Trump has with the kind of logistical know how to conduct that kind of testing. Who else do you think has that capability? The CDC? NIH? FEMA. I've got news for you. They don't have that many people. I guess you could shut down the airports and use TSA agents but then you'd be using TSA agents.

The next best option is to let the states decide how they want to test and Trump has said ad-nauseum that the Feds will be there to provide whatever support they can provide. He's laid out the plan on how to reopen. That's not sending the States into the rapids without a paddle that's giving them a fucking motor boat and a shit load of gasoline.

And what testing? For Covid. What they need to be testing for, as the studies are now showing, is Covid antibodies. What gets people back to work quicker. Knowing they have it or knowing they already had it? Rapid testing for Covid needs to remain in the Drs offices and hospitals so the HC professionals know what they are dealing with. Testing someone from their car and sending them on their way doesn't do much to get someone back to work. Antibody tests need to be the standard now at pop up locations. Test positive for antibodies, get a certificate and go on about your job and your life. Simple.

How much more prepared were the Feds supposed to be? Have a 90 day supply of PPE for 330 million people along with 330 million ventilators, somewhere in some storage cave in Virgina? Fucking Andrew Cuomo was told in 2015, by an advisory task force, that the state nor NYC(target #1 for terrorist attacks including biological) had enough ventilators for a 1918 type pandemic. Rather than stock up he requested a ventilator rationing plan be devised while he spent 750 million dollars on a solar panel manufacturing plant that is now tits up. Is that Trumps fault?
How much protective gear and ventilators could have been bought with the $850 million of taxpayer dollars that Bill Deblasio's wife can't account for? Trumps fault?

You may feel the need to have the federal gov't be in control of every aspect of your life. That's fine. Give your stimulus check back to them and let them decide how best to spend it on you.

PX, I'm done with you. Spew your nonsense all you want from now on. I've been picking apart your arguments for weeks now. I'm getting bored. If people want to believe your nonsense, that's on them.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:01 PM   #10
tbone2u
Account Disabled

If they don't let people back to work right fucking now...there won't be much left.
This whole thing got blown out of proportion from the very beginning.
Again....you don't burn someones house down to try and save them.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #11
pxmcc
BANNED

@Boardman: no one forced you to address my arguments. at least you're not one of my troll groupies, so there's that..

i enjoy reading your posts even though we rarely agree on anything. if you prefer not to engage, well hey, it's a free country. well, mostly free..

btw, i never heard hide nor hair from beto. i based my argument on the plain language trump used in a tweet.
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #12
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Back on topic:

How is Harris County/Houston going to address the revenue shortfall?

Immediately (if not sooner) we should get many people back to work. Smartly. If the business wants to open, they can open. Restaurants, bars, salons included.

If that goes well we should get the Rockets, Stros and Texans back. Also open all the convention business.

When that goes well we should open the School districts.

This should partially restore most of our tax revenue streams. Businesses will pick up. Oil Consumption will pick up. People will have money to spend on sales tax and hookers.

After that start firing city and county workers.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #13
pxmcc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Back on topic:

How is Harris County/Houston going to address the revenue shortfall?

Immediately (if not sooner) we should get many people back to work. Smartly. If the business wants to open, they can open. Restaurants, bars, salons included.

If that goes well we should get the Rockets, Stros and Texans back. Also open all the convention business.

When that goes well we should open the School districts.

This should partially restore most of our tax revenue streams. Businesses will pick up. Oil Consumption will pick up. People will have money to spend on sales tax and hookers.

After that start firing city and county workers.
no testing and no social distancing? masks and gloves required or no?

how do you deal with someone who is infected but asymptomatic going back to work and spreading Covid19 to their colleagues?
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #14
tbone2u
Account Disabled

"how do you deal with someone who is infected but asymptomatic going back to work and spreading Covid19 to their colleagues"

The same way I would deal with one of my employees with the regular flu.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #15
tbone2u
Account Disabled

"how do you deal with someone who is infected but asymptomatic going back to work and spreading Covid19 to their colleagues"

The same way I would deal with one of my employees with the regular flu.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women