Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59832
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47417
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
EmilyHemingway
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5956
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Breaking news

We are so fucked.
EmilyHemingway is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
NerVes
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyHemingway View Post
........yes maam
NerVes is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Hunter 510
Valued Poster

And we have three more years of his shit to put up with, wonder what is next....
Hunter 510 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
EmilyHemingway
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5956
My ECCIE Reviews

That slurping sound isn't Lap having a particularly good night, it's the sound of the economy going right down the goddamned crapper.

I am beside myself. AND I CAN'T GET MY F'ING BLOG TO POST. *post post post*

Off to reboot my computer. Again. And fix a drink. A double this time.
EmilyHemingway is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
Greyhound
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyHemingway View Post

Indubitably
Greyhound is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

The only ones who are screwed are the insurance companies who have been giving it to us in the ass for the past 30 without the benefit of lube.
If anyone wants to know about the econmics of this legislation you need to turn off Faux News (Fox) and actually take an economics class.
Remember these are the same, obtuse people who sold you a war of choice and would like to impose their religious belifs on you and put you in jail for hobbying.

For those of you who hide your insensitivity to the poor and underserved behind the cloak of 'libertarianism' wake up to your naivete' and quit being subservient to the same corporations who served you up the financial disaster we find ourselves in right now. It's time the U.S. entered the 21st century by proceeding with the principal that decent health care is a right and not a privledge of the elite few.
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
Elgato69
Valued Poster

Wow rj why dont you tell us what you really think! j/k
Elgato69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
Guest062610
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post
The only ones who are screwed are the insurance companies who have been giving it to us in the ass for the past 30 without the benefit of lube.
If anyone wants to know about the econmics of this legislation you need to turn off Faux News (Fox) and actually take an economics class.
Remember these are the same, obtuse people who sold you a war of choice and would like to impose their religious belifs on you and put you in jail for hobbying.

For those of you who hide your insensitivity to the poor and underserved behind the cloak of 'libertarianism' wake up to your naivete' and quit being subservient to the same corporations who served you up the financial disaster we find ourselves in right now. It's time the U.S. entered the 21st century by proceeding with the principal that decent health care is a right and not a privledge of the elite few.
Someone needs a sake bomb...LMAO

LAP
Guest062610 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
That.guy001
Premium Access

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post

Whoa, RJ...
Let me start by saying...the poor have insurance. Its called Medicaid.

Another thing...blaming the "evil" insurance companies is just silly. I know that we all hear about the billions of dollars of profit that the evil insurance companies make (denying coverage do the innocent and defenseless poor women and children with cancer and what not). Now, Im a reasonable person who has been upset about stories of people who followed the rules and were denied coverage. The truth is, that is the exception, not the rule. And when did making a profit become so wrong? If you do some research, you will find that the largest health insurance companies in the U.S. only made 5-7% profit. I would hardly call that excessive. Microsoft made something like 16-17% profit on sales. Should Government take over computer software? UPS made 3 billion in profit while Fed Ex made over 1 billion in profit. Does anyone know how our Government run company did? THEY RAN A 7 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT.

The proof is in the pudding. If you want to see what govenment will do with our healthcare, all you have to do is see what they've done with everything else they touch. Not all change is good.

I've got nothing but love for those who support THIS reform. The facts just dont support the hype, thats all.
That.guy001 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
Guest062610
Account Disabled

Since this isn't hobby related it's being moved over to the sandbox...I'll also state that political discussions get heated quickly so keep this thread to a modest level and I'm okay with it being left open.

LAP
Guest062610 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Yeah, medicaid is a real insurance plan. Try to get in to see a local doctor with medicaid. The fact is you'd have to go to an emergency room to get treated for your illness or injury. Well you just turned a $100 doctor visit into a $1000 ER bill. That's one reason why we have the highest cost medical care in the world.
As for denial of coverage due to pre-existing condition, it's not as rare as you'd like to believe. Secondly , tell the people whose family members have died while fighting the insurance companies over coverage that it "doesn't happen very often." I'm thinking that won't fly with them. Bottom line, how many deaths are acceptable? Give me a number, please.
The profits of the companies you sited have nothing to do with the public good. If the government is so bad and corprations so good, see how many seniors will give up their medicare to purchase comparable coverage in the private marketplace. There is nothing wrong with a profit. However the executive pay is obscene especially when a component of that compensation is the illegal denial of benefits for people in dire need of medical care which will be denied after these companies have cut off coverage. Further the benefits are cut off AFTER these people have faithfully paid premiums for years, in some cases.
I'll cast my lot with the government over these charlatans any time.

Let me start by saying...the poor have insurance. Its called Medicaid.

Another thing...blaming the "evil" insurance companies is just silly. I know that we all hear about the billions of dollars of profit that the evil insurance companies make (denying coverage do the innocent and defenseless poor women and children with cancer and what not). Now, Im a reasonable person who has been upset about stories of people who followed the rules and were denied coverage. The truth is, that is the exception, not the rule. And when did making a profit become so wrong? If you do some research, you will find that the largest health insurance companies in the U.S. only made 5-7% profit. I would hardly call that excessive. Microsoft made something like 16-17% profit on sales. Should Government take over computer software? UPS made 3 billion in profit while Fed Ex made over 1 billion in profit. Does anyone know how our Government run company did? THEY RAN A 7 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT.

The proof is in the pudding. If you want to see what govenment will do with our healthcare, all you have to do is see what they've done with everything else they touch. Not all change is good.

I've got nothing but love for those who support THIS reform. The facts just dont support the hype, thats all.[/quote]
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
traderdan
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

I say fuck'em all. Lets hobby!!!
traderdan is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #13
tamden
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

Well i lean toward rj's point of view, but i think in the end I am with traderdan.
tamden is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
That.guy001
Premium Access

Encounters: 29

RJ, the reason doctors dont want to accept Medicaid is because of the low reimbursements that the government pays on them. That is EXACTLY what would happen with any government plan. The people that go to the ER dont have insurance.

I agree reform is needed...I just respectfully disagree on how to get there.

P.S. Thanks RJ, all this back and forth has caused me to schedule a BNG! So see, we can all find victory today. Haha!
That.guy001 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
Hunter 510
Valued Poster

"you will find that the largest health insurance companies in the U.S. only made 5-7% profit. I would hardly call that excessive."

thats cause they paid all the rest of it out to their ceo's in bonuses and did not report it as profit....shysty sob's
Hunter 510 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women