Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35186
Mojojo33117

Old 08-09-2015, 02:35 PM   #16
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
HMFICDICK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
Default Where are your priorities?

Millions of these babies get murdered and cut up and sold for spare parts by planned parenthood every year and you are crying about a fucking lion????????

HMFICDICK is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #18
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFICDICK View Post
Millions of these babies get murdered and cut up and sold for spare parts by planned parenthood every year and you are crying about a Lion
Really? You do know that would be against the law. Nobody has been charged with what you have accused PPH of doing. Why is that do you think? Could it be because in fact that is not wtf is happening?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #19
ronrocket
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I tend to agree that the guy is a douche. But douches like him provide the incentive to crack down on poachers and preserve habitat. He spent what - $40k?, $50k? - on his adventure, far more than any backpacking "concerned environmentalist" would spend in a place like Zimbabwe. Money like that provides a powerful incentive to maintain game preserves with healthy populations. If not for douches like him, there would be far fewer areas preserving the big animals. Tourists who shoot with cameras do the same thing. Kruger park provides a huge economic incentive, and many neighboring private land owners have set up their own luxury safari outfits. One weekend will set you back $2+K in a nice place like Mala Mala (excellent food and drink, luxury rooms, great views of animals, but no mongering). But the hunters are where the really big money is. So I recognize that personally they are douches and at the same time I recognize that they are responsible for a lot of wildlife preservation because of the incentives they generate.
ronrocket is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #20
HMFICDICK
Valued Poster

Default THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Really? You do know that would be against the law. Nobody has been charged with what you have accused PPH of doing. Why is that do you think? Could it be because in fact that is not wtf is happening?

My title says it all.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #21
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Everything dies. That is the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrocket View Post
I tend to agree that the guy is a douche.

I do not agree. He paid for a license to hunt lions. That money helps to preserve the environmental work done in that country. Calling him a douche is an unfair attack. It is amazing that recently we have seen an attack on people that one may disagree with; attacks without reason.

But douches like him provide the incentive to crack down on poachers and preserve habitat. He spent what - $40k?, $50k? - on his adventure, far more than any backpacking "concerned environmentalist" would spend in a place like Zimbabwe. Money like that provides a powerful incentive to maintain game preserves with healthy populations. If not for douches like him, there would be far fewer areas preserving the big animals. Tourists who shoot with cameras do the same thing. Kruger park provides a huge economic incentive, and many neighboring private land owners have set up their own luxury safari outfits. One weekend will set you back $2+K in a nice place like Mala Mala (excellent food and drink, luxury rooms, great views of animals, but no mongering). But the hunters are where the really big money is. So I recognize that personally they are douches and at the same time I recognize that they are responsible for a lot of wildlife preservation because of the incentives they generate.
Kinda like Ducks Unlimited who has provided for the return of the flocks of ducks in the US. They initiated the idea for congress to enact a tax upon the hunters themselves. That tax is still used to provide habitat for the birds. This year they are requesting that the tax on themselves be raised again.

So, the dentist spent about $50,000 for a license for a lion. He harvested an old lion that was about to drop dead anyway. He should be allowed to keep the trophy he paid for without any input from the crazy nut cases who yell on the internet about how wrong he was.

Where is he wrong? The people who are wrong are the crazy people who just want to criticize.

It is like the nut cases who yell about a thug who attacked a police officer in Furguson Missouri.

When you look at the facts of the case about the thug, the only conclusion is that he got what was coming to him.

When you look at the facts about the lion you see he was not on the reserve. Not on the reserve, means that it was a legal kill. Anyone who says the lion was lured off of the reservation is just speaking out of their own mind: they were not there, and they do not know.

When I am very old and feeble maybe someone will pay $50,000 to claim my body and contribute the money to medical research. For the lion, the conservation movement received the funds.

We all die, including lions. So shut up already.

If you don't agree, you just don't want to agree which makes you crazy.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #22
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
For the lion, the conservation movement received the funds.

JR
JR you do realize what a fool you sound by comparing Ducks U with this? Lion population is dwindling not stabilizing or increasing.

The fucking Lion was lured off a nature PRESERVE...and then shot! You are way off base with your facts here bud.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #23
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Like what a ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFICDICK View Post
My title says it all.
The DICK in your name says way more
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #24
shortstroke35
Account Disabled

WTF, don't believe every bleeding heart thing you read on the internet. All your facts are not in fact true. But, you believe what you want. No one really cares what you think and the truth will not necessarily prevail....why???? Because it's the fucking internet you dummy! Anyone can put anything on the internet and some gullible people will believe it. If you don't agree with hunting then that's fine.....go ahead though and put your uneducated and falsely informed opinion out there.
shortstroke35 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

what the heck are you talking about all I said was do not be compare Ducks Unlimited with this dentist...I'm not against hunting Jesus but what this Dentist did was not hunting and has nothing to do with conservation.

What this dentist did was no different than if the zoo let you 'hunt' one of their Lions. The zoo might actually spend the money on conservation though.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #26
Greenie76
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Every time something like this gets brought up I can't help but think some politician is doing something to make life more difficult for Americans... Sure it sucks but the truth is, it's nothing more than a distraction. Same as the confederate flag crap.
Greenie76 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #27
FormerSanta
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Lion population is dwindling not stabilizing or increasing.
Actually, the world lion population is probably increasing. There are a number of Chinese venture capitalists who have opened very large breeding farms in anticipation of changes in the law that will allow (at least domestic Chinese-sourced) lions to be harvested for traditional Chinese medicinal purposes. (Yes, I realize that traditional Chinese medicine concentrates on tiger, not lion, parts but lions are, nevertheless, also being raised in large numbers on Asian farms.)

However, pretty much every person who doesn't understand hunting, who's never heard of Pittman-Robertson, who can't bear to think about how conservation is most efficiently funded in Africa (hint: by hunting), fails to count "farm-raised" lions in the total world population. Only "wild" lions count in their minds.

I've seen estimates that as many as 10,000 tigers and roughly the same number of lions are kept, essentially, as domestic herds on Chinese farms. When/if the laws openly change (most sales are essentially on the down low right now), that number will skyrocket. Given that the most pessimistic estimate of current wild African lion populations that I've seen is between 15-20,000, in the near future it may turn out that the majority of lions on the planet will be born on Chinese farms.

The unfortunate side of this is that, like all farm animals, they are subject to abuse and neglect. The Chinese are pretty damn good at being entirely heartless toward animals and some of these big cats are living in hell on earth. Most of the farms promote themselves as "zoos" but they are anything but responsibly run educational and conservation institutions.

Nevertheless, I just thought this point is worth making: when you say a population is trending one way or another, you're boiling down statistics that were compiled by somebody. In my life experience, all those somebodys have an axe to grind and all their statistics are open to widely varying interpretation.
FormerSanta is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #28
HMFICDICK
Valued Poster

Default My words say all that is necessary

Quote:
The DICK in your name says way more
I must say that your avatar speaks volumes on your opinions.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women