Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160488
Yssup Rider59902
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47510
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Will McNair fire Kubiak?
Will Bob McNair fire Kubiak following the 2010 season? 22 56.41%
Will Kubiak return in 2011 as the Head Coach of the Houston Texans? 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8
Default Will Kubiak return in 2011?

Will the Houston Texans owner fire Gary Kubiak at the end of the 2010 season?

The Poll question is not asking whether you personally want Kubiak fired, rather do you bellieve McNair will fire Kubiak or will allow him to continue as the Head Coach of the Texans in 2011? Bottom line: The final decision is McNair's and his alone! As a fan, it is not our decision to make!

I believe there will be a major shake up in the organization, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I would not be surprised to see an entire new defensive staff in 2011. As a long time UH guy dating back to the 60's, I believe Wade Phillips would be an excellent Defensive Coordinator for the 2011 Texans. However, that would probably require a return to the 3-4 Defense. If the decision is to remain a 4-3 Defense, perhaps Marvin Lewis would be the new Coordinator, assuming he will soon be fired by the Bengals.

From a personal perspective, I would love to see Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden or Brian Billick as the Texans Head Coach but at this point in time, I do not see it happening. If none of those three are willing to come to Houston we might as well keep Kubiak. If nothing else McNair is loyal and seems to be a man of his word. Most powerful individuals will not yield to public opinion if they truly believe the person they have chosen is the right person for the job. I believe McNair feels that Kubiak is the right person for the job. That is why I have stated all along that I believe Kubiak will remain as the Head Coach of the Texans in 2011. Despite all of the "Fire Kubiak" rhetoric of the past couple of weeks, I still feel that way!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Wayward
Ambassador of the Dead

Encounters: 3

Typical lib poll makes no frickin' sense and your vote is completely meaningless. I abstain.
Wayward is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
I abstain.
Damn, I plumb forgot to include an "abstain" option for Father Wayward's use!

How thoughtless of me. I will try to remember next time!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Wayward
Ambassador of the Dead

Encounters: 3

No you commie democrat, reread your poll! It's about as clear as mud what you are actually asking/voting on.

Besides McNare (typo and it stays) is not going to be swayed by popular opinion, even though he does have a handle on this board. He is on a mission, to return family values to the NFL, now if they would just trade for Michael Vick we could get some ass in the seats.
Wayward is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
cockstrong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 64

kubiak needs 2 be gone of course, will it happen, i think so. as far as replacements: Cowher no way (going 2 San Fran or Miami) Gruden no way (going where Cowher doesnt) Billick is the most realistic bout his attitude might not mix well with McNair's
cockstrong is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Three weeks ago I thought Kubiak was pretty safe for another year provided things didn't just fall apart at the end of the year. So much for what I thought three weeks ago.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

You can't really do a poll and all the answers are questions. I know what you were trying to say though.

If you are really into it they are having a fire the coach rally in front of the stadium this Sunday go for it.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #8
Guest030915
Account Disabled

While I would like to see Gary Kubiak gone, it probably won't happen. When has Bob McNair ever gave a damn about what the fans in Houston wanted? If he cared about what the fans wanted he wouldn't have held on to David Carr so long, he would have drafted Vince instead of Mario, and Kubiak would have been fired last year. McNair only cares about money. The best way to let him know how pissed u are is to stop going to games. A nearly empty stadium will show him what we want.
Guest030915 is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamMan View Post
While I would like to see Gary Kubiak gone, it probably won't happen. When has Bob McNair ever gave a damn about what the fans in Houston wanted? If he cared about what the fans wanted he wouldn't have held on to David Carr so long, he would have drafted Vince instead of Mario, and Kubiak would have been fired last year. McNair only cares about money. The best way to let him know how pissed u are is to stop going to games. A nearly empty stadium will show him what we want.

Seriously?
You're still on the Vince bandwagon?
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
Guest030915
Account Disabled

Nope, not on the Vince bandwagon. I actually wanted them to take Bush. My whole point was that if McNair listened to what the fans of Houston wanted, he would have taken Vince. The majority of fans here in town wanted that to happen. However, reality shows us that Mario was the better of the picks from that top list.
Guest030915 is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamMan View Post
However, reality shows us that Mario was the better of the picks from that top list.
And VY has become a distant third of the top three!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
casetractorman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61

I hear Wade Phillips is available...
casetractorman is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
metal_head
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Kubes is a good coach. He's a great offensive mind, but clearly needs help on defense. I love the idea of Uncle Wade as the defensive coordinator, but my concern is, like Bigtex stated, it might not be too easy to switch to a 3-4. It would be a nice fit for Phillips to coach for Kubiak.

As far as the poll, I think Kubiak will be back. With the CBA issues, I don't know if a Cowher or Gruden would leave their network jobs for an uncertain season this year. McNair knows it would be hard to upgrade this year. Kubes gets a pass this season, but if we don't make the playoffs 2011, he's gone.
metal_head is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #14
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7360542.html

"Indications are that Texans owner Bob McNair plans to keep Gary Kubiak as his head coach and hire Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator.
Unless something like a blowout loss to Jacksonville in Sunday’s game at Reliant Stadium causes him to have an 11th-hour change of heart, McNair will bring back Kubiak for his sixth season, two people familiar with the situation said Thursday...................... ......."
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #15
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7360542.html

"Indications are that Texans owner Bob McNair plans to keep Gary Kubiak as his head coach and hire Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator.
Unless something like a blowout loss to Jacksonville in Sunday’s game at Reliant Stadium causes him to have an 11th-hour change of heart, McNair will bring back Kubiak for his sixth season, two people familiar with the situation said Thursday...................... ......."
IMHO, I think this is a good decision , kubiak is a class act and good coach, injuries and a few bonehead plays, and the season outcome would be different. The defensive strategy sucked overall, that's why phillips would be brought in and with a trade or two or free agent or a good draftcan be easily be brought around. This team overall is very sound and very talented. Cowher or gruden will not leave their posh gigs.
Seedy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women