Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47507
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 05-05-2020, 03:31 PM   #211
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
So you are "stating" you bought a Samsung washing machine, where Constarblue in Austrailia "stated" some front load models might be made in China. Which model(s) are made in China? The Cornstarblue article failed to mention that and I'm not seeing in their 82 year history much of anything made in China by them. But I did read at Cornstarblu that the price range of Samsung washers is pretty broad and many, many features and options are available. So what are the odds that you happened to want a certain model, with certain features, that are only manufactured in China?

I dunno, I suppose I might be fishing on that day IF that happens in the future. Unless of course, I am able to master time travel before that happens, in which case I would be able to answer your hypothetical question with a factual future answer.

But my gut says, that if China tried to pass along a price increase on one of the mostly hotly competitive technologies in a market place, they would be stupid and would be inconsistent with their demonstrated goal of world domination of that market and would most likely devalue (manipulate) their currency, yet again, to absorb the increase to the end user.
The salesman confirmed at the time that the Samsung washing machine that I was considering purchasing was indeed manufactured in China. And the recent tariffs had increased the price that it was being sold for.

Your comments about needing to master time travel is rather inappropriate and avoiding providing me with an answer to an obvious question. I can make it non-hypothetical for you.

In May of 2019 Trump raised a 10% tariff on $200 billion worth of goods produced in China to 25%. 5,745 products were impacted by the increase in the tariffs.

China does NOT pass along price increases. The price increase is a tax on the product made in China. The companies that import the products from China have the opportunity to pass on the price increases to consumers as they desire.

If you are unable to understand this basic economic principle, I'm sure there is a community college near you that would let you audit the International Economics 101 class.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #212
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default You're gonna blow out a toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I dodge questions??? .

Did the price of cell phones from China increase?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #213
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Did the price of cell phones from China increase?
Since the tariffs were never imposed, as I clearly stated, the price of cell phones manufactured in China did not increase due to any tariffs. Clear enough for you? Had the proposed 25% tariffs been imposed just prior to Christmas, an act even Trump knew would not be well received by consumers in the U.S., any company importing those cell phones from China would have had to pay more for the same product. Clear enough for you?

Now try answering my question. Or are you thumbing through community college course catalogs for possible courses offered in International Economics?
Old 05-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #214
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Who's the time traveler now.

Quote:
Since the tariffs were never imposed, as I clearly stated, the price of cell phones manufactured in China did not increase due to any tariffs. ...
Moment of clarity. Thank you. Now which what-if mental gymnastic game do you want to playi next? You thinking China wants to lose market share from their biggest customer? Imma say nope. Most likely, they would sign a trade deal to avoid that - just like what actually happened. What happens next vis-a-vi China? Dunno. Kinda slicey-dicey at this given point in time.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:02 PM   #215
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:18 AM   #216
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Moment of clarity. Thank you. Now which what-if mental gymnastic game do you want to playi next? You thinking China wants to lose market share from their biggest customer? Imma say nope. Most likely, they would sign a trade deal to avoid that - just like what actually happened. What happens next vis-a-vi China? Dunno. Kinda slicey-dicey at this given point in time.
I want you to stop hemming and hawing and answer the question I've been asking you for days:

When the U.S. imposes tariffs on products imported from China, who pays that tariff (tax): China, as Trump states, the importer, the consumer, someone else?
Old 05-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #217
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default G'Day Mate! Wakey, wakey. Eggs and bakey...

Quote:
I want you to stop hemming and hawing and answer the question I've been asking you for days:

When the U.S. imposes tariffs on products imported from China, who pays that tariff (tax): China, as Trump states, the importer, the consumer, someone else?
Ain't seen no such a thing happen yet. Have you? You got an affinity for dead horses?

You keep focusing on things that have not happened, which MIGHT affect the end user cost of a toy from China, via a potential tariff, that has not happened. No, I get it. It's a simplistic thought process for you. But actual reality kinda sucks at times.

It's high time you got a wake up call. Don't worry too much, you might be able to handle it. Mainly depends on your reading and comprehension skills that might still remain. Well, a fair bit on your values and moral code too. But I got some faith in you.

So here goes; What do we EXPORT to China? No, not agriculture or bobbles or cars. What have we actually exported to China since around 2000, maybe sooner? Ever thought about it in those terms? Would you believe Eco-damage and slave labor? Climb down off of the ceiling and read this. I mean actually read it. I'll toss in a couple pictures from the study for free:

Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang.
http://https://www.aspi.org.au/report/uyghurs-sale

The more download friendly version here:
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws....HZoL37PZmnDNk=

...The Chinese government has facilitated the mass transfer of Uyghur and other ethnic minority1 citizens from the far west region of Xinjiang to factories across the country. Under conditions that strongly suggest forced labour, Uyghurs are working in factories that are in the supply chains of at least 83 well-known global brands in the technology, clothing and automotive sectors, including Apple, BMW, Gap, Huawei, Nike, Samsung, Sony and Volkswagen...

...China has attracted international condemnation for its network of extrajudicial ‘re-education camps’ in Xinjiang.7 This report exposes a new phase in China’s social re-engineering campaign targeting minority citizens, revealing new evidence that some factories across China are using forced Uyghur labour under a state-sponsored labour transfer scheme that is tainting the global supply chain....

I'll add that there has been super high demand for this "product" around Wuhan, China lately. Appears the local factories had something of a potentially "unplanned" die-off and they need lots and lots of low cost replacement workers. Maybe because they don't have worker's unions there. I dunno.

And, you order them up, almost like on Amazon.

Buy Now:

Wanna talk more comprehensively about the "price" and "cost" of cheap Chinese toys to see what we are comfortable "paying" for them - monetarily and morally now?
Old 05-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #218
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Must be some Girl Scouts swinging their cookies nearby.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:32 PM   #219
Danielle Silver
Naughty lil Moderator

User ID: 7081
My ECCIE Reviews

OMFG.. IDGAF whose face that is .
Hilarious..
Bravo
Danielle Silver is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:43 PM   #220
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ain't seen no such a thing happen yet. Have you? You got an affinity for dead horses?

You keep focusing on things that have not happened, which MIGHT affect the end user cost of a toy from China, via a potential tariff, that has not happened. No, I get it. It's a simplistic thought process for you. But actual reality kinda sucks at times.

It's high time you got a wake up call. Don't worry too much, you might be able to handle it. Mainly depends on your reading and comprehension skills that might still remain. Well, a fair bit on your values and moral code too. But I got some faith in you.

So here goes; What do we EXPORT to China? No, not agriculture or bobbles or cars. What have we actually exported to China since around 2000, maybe sooner? Ever thought about it in those terms? Would you believe Eco-damage and slave labor? Climb down off of the ceiling and read this. I mean actually read it. I'll toss in a couple pictures from the study for free:

Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang.
http://https://www.aspi.org.au/report/uyghurs-sale

The more download friendly version here:
https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws....HZoL37PZmnDNk=

...The Chinese government has facilitated the mass transfer of Uyghur and other ethnic minority1 citizens from the far west region of Xinjiang to factories across the country. Under conditions that strongly suggest forced labour, Uyghurs are working in factories that are in the supply chains of at least 83 well-known global brands in the technology, clothing and automotive sectors, including Apple, BMW, Gap, Huawei, Nike, Samsung, Sony and Volkswagen...

...China has attracted international condemnation for its network of extrajudicial ‘re-education camps’ in Xinjiang.7 This report exposes a new phase in China’s social re-engineering campaign targeting minority citizens, revealing new evidence that some factories across China are using forced Uyghur labour under a state-sponsored labour transfer scheme that is tainting the global supply chain....

I'll add that there has been super high demand for this "product" around Wuhan, China lately. Appears the local factories had something of a potentially "unplanned" die-off and they need lots and lots of low cost replacement workers. Maybe because they don't have worker's unions there. I dunno.

And, you order them up, almost like on Amazon.

Buy Now:

Wanna talk more comprehensively about the "price" and "cost" of cheap Chinese toys to see what we are comfortable "paying" for them - monetarily and morally now?
Thank you for once again failing to answer my rather simple question.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #221
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Lightbulb But you can still call me Al

Quote:
Thank you ..

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies